This Grandma is stuck on a new build

Llen

I have built about 3 computer all Intel, decided I wanted to do all AMD, so I have Asrock B450M Pro, Rysen 5 2600, Sapphire Nitro etc RX580, Team Vulcan ddr 4 2x8.

It has taken me 3 days to get it stable enough to actually have some hope it will run.  I have been all over the internet, loaded and unloaded windows 10 so many times using 2 different ISO files. 

The bsod was all the time, today only 2  times this morning before work, so there is hope.  I don't think any 2 bsod were for same reason.  I need to figure out how to stabilize this system, I up the DRAM voltage to 1.35 (was at 1.25) that seem to help, updated all the window updates I could find so at build 1803, updated gpu drivers, as well the drivers, updated the bios, updated amd chip. 

It is slower than my i5 4690k and z97 board to boot up, used to be so quick. Slow to get to the Asrock/Sapphire screen , then on to the sign in.

It Freezes all of a sudden and only way to get out of freeze is to hit the power off button.  The freeze seem to happen when I hit button to download something, or hitting ok for machine to do something, not always but to often to feel comfortable. 

I did have a reading of 80c on cpu, but I got 3 apps which gave temps, and the uefi agreed my temp was 32c.  I changed from my Hyper 212 evo ( thought maybe something wrong there) to new stock heat sink, but plan to go back to 212.  But I couldn't figure out with a Node 804 case with top, both side panels, and front off how it was hitting 80c+ in a cold house with nothing but the os on the computer.  Does thermal paste go bad?  it looked evenly spread...it did pull up the cpu so it was tuff stuff.

I have built and rebuilt my z97 machine 3 times, never had these kinds of problems.  I can't figure out how to get it to run smoothly, where I can count on it,   Its funny I saw Linus a few years ago, thought he was crazy, but it made me,  at age 61, want to build a computer and I did, so not very knowledgable about the tweaks that I many not know about.

The stock cooler on the Ryzen 5 2600 comes with plenty of thermal paste on it right out of the box.  I'm no expert on thermal paste longevity, but that's a fairly new processor so I can't imagine the stock paste has gone bad.  80 Celsius is very high for that CPU at stock settings.  My first thought is that the heatsink isn't making good contact with the CPU.  You should look carefully at the installation guide and maybe watch some Youtube video tutorials for installing a Wraith Stealth cooler.

When you get a BSOD you should pay attention to the reason it gives.  Often Googling the error code will give you loads of information on what is wrong and how to go about fixing it.