Motherboard Green Light and Beeps

Wesrb

So I just bought an Intel motherboard and a 1155 i5 3330. I just installed the new Mobo and CPU and I goto turn on the PSU switch and I get presented with a continuous beep. This isn't the only problem I've had today putting this all together since this was my first intel CPU when I went to install the fan I fucked up and the plastic pins broke on it. I will be getting another one soon. But I just wanted to see if the system would post. Plz help

14 minutes ago, Wesrb said:

So I just bought an Intel motherboard and a 1155 i5 3330. I just installed the new Mobo and CPU and I goto turn on the PSU switch and I get presented with a continuous beep. This isn't the only problem I've had today putting this all together since this was my first intel CPU when I went to install the fan I fucked up and the plastic pins broke on it. I will be getting another one soon. But I just wanted to see if the system would post. Plz help

What are the system specs (hardware present)

Please quote or tag  @Ben17 if you want to see a reply.

If I don't reply it's probly because I am in a different time zone or haven't seen your message yet but I will reply when I see it ? 

7 minutes ago, Ben17 said:

What are the system specs (hardware present)

The specs are an i5 3330, an Intel DQ67SW motherboard, 8gb ddr3 and a Nvidia gtx 550ti 1gb I think I have figured out that the "beeping" is from the power supply. It makes no sense to me because this uses less power than my previous CPU 

1 hour ago, Wesrb said:

Also I cannot connect the motherboard power to start it up because the power button on my case uses a 4 pin while the one on the board is a 2. I'm really frustrated rn someone plz help

I googled the manual for DQ67SW motherboard.  I'm seeing that it officially supports RAM modules up to 4GB.  I don't know if your 8GB of RAM is two sticks of 4 or one stick of 8GB.  I don't know if the manual is outdated, but that's a potential problem.  

Also, I'm seeing that motherboard officially supports the 2000 series CPU's, the Sandy Bridge 1155 chips.  That could also be outdated, but another potential problem if the board doesn't support the Ivy Bridge 1155 CPU you have.

8 minutes ago, Wesrb said:

Also I cannot connect the motherboard power to start it up because the power button on my case uses a 4 pin while the one on the board is a 2. I'm really frustrated rn someone plz help

Do u have a picture of the power header on the case as u may be able to sort that out with header extension cables plugged into the Approite header connecters  

Please quote or tag  @Ben17 if you want to see a reply.

If I don't reply it's probly because I am in a different time zone or haven't seen your message yet but I will reply when I see it ? 

Also found something about the green light in the manual.  It's a +5V Standby Power Indicator LED.  It basically just shows that power is being supplied to the motherboard.

I just found out that the board does not support my CPU so I am sending it back thanks for everyone's help this had been frustrating for me. On my amd boards I just had to figure out if it was am2+, am3+, etc. Didn't know their was incompatible CPUs for the boards like that