RGB fan question

WallyM76

Hi all,

Im rebuilding my pc and i have a question about rgb fans.

I use a aerocool project 7 case and it has biuld in rgb with 2 extra connectors, i want a 120mm case fan with a normal 4pin (grgb) connector, so it can work without an rgb controller.

I know there are fans out there that have this but they all have the whole fan lid up.

Im looking for an 120mil rgb fan with only the ring lid up (not the fanblades) and that can work with the rgb that is standard in the case so no rgbcontroller.

Can anyone help please.

Thanks

20181228_234902.jpg

20181228_233529.jpg

Thermaltake do some nice once’s , I use them myself . They are under the RIING brand 

18 minutes ago, Quagmaire said:

Thermaltake do some nice once’s , I use them myself . They are under the RIING brand 

I think those have a 5 pin connector that only works with an thermaltake controller.

I want the ring to have the same color and effect as the front panel

1 minute ago, WallyM76 said:

I think those have a 5 pin connector that only works with an thermaltake controller.

I want the ring to have the same color and effect as the front panel

Sorry I use the non RGB version. I forgot to mention that :P . Ik this is not really what your looking for but they are a little on the cheaper side and if you just want it to match the front then you can get the white LED version

i was hoping the question would be like Why is RGB still a thing

-snip- bad info link not ring only.

the more mainstream the producer, the more likely they will be using some sort of 'proprietary' connector and or software in-order to give you 'all the options'

Since RGB is actually a non-sale point for me  i cant offer you much more advice than that,     Beyond a controller, and good software: since i've heard getting all your RGB to do the same thing at once can be difficult once you start mixing brands.