Making new power switch for pc

I want to make a power switch for my pc because it is kind of far away from my desk and annoying to turn it on. What I want to do is buy a front io power switch off ebay and wire in a cherry mx switch so it could be sort of like a keyboard swicth that turns on my pc. Diagram below

Sorry for the horrifying 5-minute Photoshop diagram 

And does the wire matter and or the switch?

Untitled-1.png

uh I suggest you don't do this unless you have any experience with electronics as I could potentially short your PC

2 minutes ago, Joshcanread said:

I want to make a power switch for my pc because it is kind of far away from my desk and annoying to turn it on. What I want to do is buy a front io power switch off ebay and wire in a cherry mx switch so it could be sort of like a keyboard swicth that turns on my pc. Diagram below

Sorry for the horrifying 5-minute Photoshop diagram 

And does the wire matter and or the switch?

Untitled-1.png

This is a cool idea! Although I believe that silverstone make a wireless switch that goes into your PCIE slot. 

4 minutes ago, Joshcanread said:

does the wire matter and or the switch?

No, as long as the switch is normally open(i.e. only connects when pressed) it will work fine. all the power button does on a modern computer is momentarily bridge the pins together.

Just now, SuperCloneRanger said:

No, as long as the switch is normally open(i.e. only connects when pressed) it will work fine. all the power button does on a modern computer is momentarily bridge the pins together.

yeah because I think they are called "momentary switches" and as long as what you said bridges the connector then it will basically tell the pc to turn