Slower computer due to new gpu

dabritgamer
Go to solution Solved by Turtle Rig,
45 minutes ago, circeseye said:

if your win 10 do the from settings one
https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/12376/windows-10-start-your-pc-in-safe-mode

for win 7

https://support.eset.com/kb2268/?locale=en_US&viewlocale=en_US

while in safemode thats when you run ddu to get rid of the nvidea stuff.

you can get any of the older drivers here
https://www.guru3d.com/files-categories/videocards-ati-catalyst-vista-win-7.html

id try the 18.11.2 or the `8.12.1.1

Thanks circeseye.  Yes or you can go to start / run and type in "msconfig" without the quotes and select boot and choose safe mode.  Exit app, and restart it will go to safe mode where it is minimal, you cant do anything in it just try to save a system that's dying.  Anyhow after this safe mode DDU , then reboot, get into windows and use driver that circeseye said.  Ill try to search for you you can find it.... np

Hi all,

i have recently got a new gpu (amd 570 8gb armor) for Christmas and ever since installing it, i have had a extremely slow pc, i can no longer load up games and brows the internet at the same time and all in all, there is just a heavy feel when i try to do basic operations,

i relive it may be my cpu due to to its age. (amd fx 4300) but am not sure, 

before i have a 1030 gpu and everything still seemed to run fine,

can anyone give any suggestions,

thanks

jacob

Specs:

12gb ddr3

500w smart seriers PSU

amd fx 4300

amd 570 8gb armor

GIGABYTE 78LTM USB3 R2

Did you uninstall your old drivers? Use DDU

I WILL find your ITX build thread, and I WILL recommend the SIlverstone Sugo SG13B

Primary PC:

i7 8086k - EVGA Z370 Classified K - G.Skill Trident Z RGB - WD SN750 - Jedi Order Titan Xp - Hyper 212 Black (with RGB Riing flair) - EVGA G3 650W - dual booting Windows 10 and Linux - Black and green theme, Razer brainwashed me.

Draws 400 watts under max load, for reference.

How many watts do I needATX 3.0 & PCIe 5.0 spec, PSU misconceptions, protections explainedgroup reg is bad

Did you install the latest drivers from the AMD website for your new card? 

Also, yes, the FX4300 is a very underpowered CPU, but it shouldn't mean worse performance.

PC Specs - AMD Ryzen 7 5800X3D MSI B550M Mortar - 32GB Corsair Vengeance RGB DDR4-3600 @ CL16 - ASRock RX7800XT 660p 1TBGB & Crucial P5 1TB Fractal Define Mini C CM V750v2 - Windows 11 Pro

2 minutes ago, fasauceome said:

Did you uninstall your old drivers? Use DDU

i will attempt that now

20 minutes ago, dabritgamer said:

i will attempt that now

You know what DDU is? It's much better than using the regular driver uninstallers.

aorus pro z390

noctua nh-d15s chromax w black cover

evga 3070 ultra

samsung 128gb, adata swordfish 1tb, wd blue 1tb

seasonic 620w dogballs psu

44 minutes ago, mxk. said:

You know what DDU is? It's much better than using the regular driver uninstallers.

i believe i did it correctly, i did a full clear and restart to ensure success then downloaded my drivers from AMD. will ley you know if the problem consists 

thank you

That CPU cant handle the 570 ...... Someone with a powerful CPU will get say 100fps ,, but with your cpu is will be 50fps, and when its 60fps yours will be under 30fps and not playable.  You should consider upgrading your CPU as its a huge bottleneck even if you overclocked that CPU.  The 1030 is not really a gaming card.  Also the reason why your experiencing this in the first place is because when you do switch overs,, like go from nvidia to a ati card,, or vice versa, problems can arise.  The 570 should be ok after the DDU and clean install of drivers,, The 570 is a fast card so you will notice a difference compared to the POS 1030 card.

Asus Sabertooth x79 / 4930k @ 4500 @ 1.408v / Gigabyte WF 2080 RTX / Corsair VG 64GB @ 1866 & AX1600i & H115i Pro @ 2x Noctua NF-A14 / Carbide 330r Blackout

Scarlett 2i2 Audio Interface / KRK Rokits 10" / Sennheiser HD 650 / Logitech G Pro Wireless Mouse & G915 Linear & G935 & C920 / SL 88 Grand / Cakewalk / NF-A14 Int P12 Ex
AOC 40" 4k Curved / LG 55" OLED C9 120hz / LaCie Porsche Design 2TB & 500GB / Samsung 950 Pro 500GB / 850 Pro 500GB / Crucial m4 500GB / Asus M.2 Card

14 minutes ago, Turtle Rig said:

That CPU cant handle the 570 ...... Someone with a powerful CPU will get say 100fps ,, but with your cpu is will be 50fps, and when its 60fps yours will be under 30fps and not playable.  You should consider upgrading your CPU as its a huge bottleneck even if you overclocked that CPU.  The 1030 is not really a gaming card.  Also the reason why your experiencing this in the first place is because when you do switch overs,, like go from nvidia to a ati card,, or vice versa, problems can arise.  The 570 should be ok after the DDU and clean install of drivers,, The 570 is a fast card so you will notice a difference compared to the POS 1030 card.

i did a full clean using DDU, but when launching and playing a game of fortnite, i was getting extremely low fps and my graphics card wasnt even at 30%

on Christmas day i was getting 200fps so i am extremely confused why this is happening

This is happening because you went from a nVidia to big red.  If DDU doesn't do it.  Only thing left to do is,, Run DDU again in safe mode if possible, then this time install earlier version drivers like couple months old.  Unless you have a 590 or something updating drivers is not recommended unless you have a problem.

Asus Sabertooth x79 / 4930k @ 4500 @ 1.408v / Gigabyte WF 2080 RTX / Corsair VG 64GB @ 1866 & AX1600i & H115i Pro @ 2x Noctua NF-A14 / Carbide 330r Blackout

Scarlett 2i2 Audio Interface / KRK Rokits 10" / Sennheiser HD 650 / Logitech G Pro Wireless Mouse & G915 Linear & G935 & C920 / SL 88 Grand / Cakewalk / NF-A14 Int P12 Ex
AOC 40" 4k Curved / LG 55" OLED C9 120hz / LaCie Porsche Design 2TB & 500GB / Samsung 950 Pro 500GB / 850 Pro 500GB / Crucial m4 500GB / Asus M.2 Card

Also make sure vsync is off in panel and also in game.  Give her a shot, let us know.

15 minutes ago, Turtle Rig said:

Also make sure vsync is off in panel and also in game.  Give her a shot, let us know.

what do you mean by safe mode?

plus, how do i download later drivers? i cannot find anything on their padge

13 minutes ago, dabritgamer said:

what do you mean by safe mode?

plus, how do i download later drivers? i cannot find anything on their padge

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/12376/windows-10-start-your-pc-in-safe-mode

for win 7

https://www.guru3d.com/files-categories/videocards-ati-catalyst-vista-win-7.html

45 minutes ago, circeseye said:

for win 7

Thanks circeseye.  Yes or you can go to start / run and type in "msconfig" without the quotes and select boot and choose safe mode.  Exit app, and restart it will go to safe mode where it is minimal, you cant do anything in it just try to save a system that's dying.  Anyhow after this safe mode DDU , then reboot, get into windows and use driver that circeseye said.  Ill try to search for you you can find it.... np

23 hours ago, Turtle Rig said:

Thank you, after a lot of testing this has really made an improvement, thank you so much for your time