Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

no post, can't boot into bios

shaneyyyyy

So i just built a multimedia pc for my dad, the ez debug led for ram lights up for awhile and then it turns off, after that, none of the debug leds turn on, literally all of them are off, i've connected the computer to a monitor via a hdmi cable on the gpu, I also connected a keyboard via usb, the keyboard doesn't light up, no signal on the monitor. Hence, i can't get into the bios, i need help guys ..

CPU : ryzen 5 2600

MOBO : MSI A320M pro-vh plus

PSU : Cooler Master MWE 450 80plus

SSD : PNY cs900

HDD : WD BLUE 1TB

GPU : ASUS gt710 1GB DDR3

RAM : Klevv Bolt 8gb ddr4 2400mhz

Not related to the question, but a Ryzen 5 2600 with an A320 motherboard and a GT 710? wtf

Main PC:  MacBook Air (M1, 2020), 8GB of RAM, 256GB of storage; running macOS, but waiting for Linux to be ported to the M1

1 minute ago, NunoLava1998 said:

Not related to the question, but a Ryzen 5 2600 with an A320 motherboard and a GT 710? wtf

the ryzen 5 2600 has no integrated gpu

Just now, emosun said:

the ryzen 5 2600 has no integrated gpu

Yes but, it's a multimedia PC. Why the fuck is there a 2600 instead of a 200GE or something lol

Main PC:  MacBook Air (M1, 2020), 8GB of RAM, 256GB of storage; running macOS, but waiting for Linux to be ported to the M1

1 minute ago, NunoLava1998 said:

HAHA my dad just wanted like a budget pc for light photo editing and just surfing the web, hence i paired it with a non overclockable mobo and a budget gpu

other than bios update, which is most likely the issue here. 

there was ram capability issue before bios updates.

then it may be bad mobo, coz msi

lastly may be faulty gpu considering its age 

Just now, shaneyyyyy said:

HAHA my dad just wanted like a budget pc for light photo editing and just surfing the web, hence i paired it with a non overclockable mobo and a budget gpu

A 2200G would've done fine, tf does he do that needs a 2600 lol

I suspect it might be because the motherboard bios wasn't updated to support ryzen 2nd gen, i've contacted the seller and i'm waiting for his reply

Just now, NunoLava1998 said:

Yes but, it's a multimedia PC. Why the fuck is there a 2600 instead of a 200GE or something lol

you.... are aware the 2600 is pretty much a cheap cpu as well right?

also , you are contributing nothing to this thread

btw guys, what does it mean if none of the lights light up for my ez debug led? and does the incompatibility of the ryzen 2nd gen cpu cause no power output from the usb to my keyboard?

Just now, emosun said:

you.... are aware the 2600 is pretty much a cheap cpu as well right?

also , you are contributing nothing to this thread

Sorry for not contributing. It's just that I find it pretty stupid to get a 2600, but it's fine.

To the OP: You did pair a 2nd gen Ryzen CPU with a motherboard that may have not been updated yet (as it is A320, so it's only guaranteed to work with 1st gen Ryzen CPUs out of the box). Also that RAM is pretty shady

3 minutes ago, shaneyyyyy said:

btw guys, what does it mean if none of the lights light up for my ez debug led? and does the incompatibility of the ryzen 2nd gen cpu cause no power output from the usb to my keyboard?

on my MSI motherboard, while POSTing there's a light on the EZ Debug LED then there's no lights at all when it finishes POSTing, so maybe it could be that you're not getting video signal. Did you plug your HDMI/VGA/whatever cable into the GT 710 and not into the motherboard?

Sorry for not contributing. It's just that I find it pretty stupid to get a 2600, but it's fine.

To the OP: You did pair a 2nd gen Ryzen CPU with a motherboard that may have not been updated yet (as it is A320, so it's only guaranteed to work with 1st gen Ryzen CPUs out of the box). Also that RAM is pretty shady

I've used klevv bolt rams on my own ryzen rig and it worked pretty well and stable, and yeah the ryzen 2600 might be overkill, but my dad just requested something that is at least better than his i5 750 in his previous desktop, hence I got the ryzen 2600 because the 6 cores may do well in a long run

on my MSI motherboard, while POSTing there's a light on the EZ Debug LED then there's no lights at all when it finishes POSTing, so maybe it could be that you're not getting signal. Did you plug your HDMI/VGA/whatever cable into the GT 710 and not into the motherboard?

yeah i plugged the hdmi into the gpu, the ez debug led for ram turns on for awhile then it turns off, after that everything stays off

alright guys i think i'll just swap my ryzen 1600 from my rig to my dad's rig and see if it works as the bios for my mobo is already updated

Alright guys, the problem has been solved. Apparently msi did not even provide a bios update for 2nd gen ryzen compatibility for the mobo of my dad's rig, hence i switched out the ryzen 1600 from my rig to my dad's rig. My personal rig has an Asrock AB350M Pro-4 and with bios update it is compatible with ryzen 2600. Everything works now for both my dad's pc and my pc. Thanks everyone for the help :)