Can't see difference between 144hz and 60hz

1Gigabyte

So i got a new monitor recently but i cannot tell the difference between my old 60hz tv and new 144hz aoc g2460pf. I got it cheap as it was refurbished on ebay. I have already set the refresh rate to 144hz in advanced settings on windows and i get good over 100fps almost always on the settings i use. What could be the problem. Thanks!

Play on lowest settings so you get 144 always, then try switching back to 60 fps. You'll probably notice.

I WILL find your ITX build thread, and I WILL recommend the SIlverstone Sugo SG13B

Primary PC:

i7 8086k - EVGA Z370 Classified K - G.Skill Trident Z RGB - WD SN750 - Jedi Order Titan Xp - Hyper 212 Black (with RGB Riing flair) - EVGA G3 650W - dual booting Windows 10 and Linux - Black and green theme, Razer brainwashed me.

Draws 400 watts under max load, for reference.

How many watts do I needATX 3.0 & PCIe 5.0 spec, PSU misconceptions, protections explainedgroup reg is bad

First question would be: did you check which ports support 144hz and whether you are plugged into those ports.

My 4k monitor supports 4k 60hz on only 2/3 ports, I would assume 144hz is the same way

Just now, fasauceome said:

Play on lowest settings so you get 144 always, then try switching back to 60 fps. You'll probably notice.

He should be able to see it on desktop, 144hz is a super dramatic difference even just moving your mouse around on your desktop

Just now, ShadyBeings said:

First question would be: did you check which ports support 144hz and whether you are plugged into those ports.

My 4k monitor supports 4k 60hz on only 2/3 ports, I would assume 144hz is the same way

yeah i used the dp cable included in the box

He should be able to see it on desktop, 144hz is a super dramatic difference even just moving your mouse around on your desktop

i can see there are more mouse cursors on the desktop but in game it looks the same

Just now, 1Gigabyte said:

yeah i used the dp cable included in the box

Do you only have on DP port? I would try to switch up both your video card and your monitor ports, maybe one of them doesn't support 144hz

Do you only have on DP port? I would try to switch up both your video card and your monitor ports, maybe one of them doesn't support 144hz

ok i will try that

Just now, 1Gigabyte said:

i can see there are more mouse cursors on the desktop but in game it looks the same

Oh then you're simply not making enough framerates, set your game to the lowest setting to see if it makes a difference

Put your rig in your bio so we know what you're running

I WILL find your ITX build thread, and I WILL recommend the SIlverstone Sugo SG13B

Primary PC:

i7 8086k - EVGA Z370 Classified K - G.Skill Trident Z RGB - WD SN750 - Jedi Order Titan Xp - Hyper 212 Black (with RGB Riing flair) - EVGA G3 650W - dual booting Windows 10 and Linux - Black and green theme, Razer brainwashed me.

Draws 400 watts under max load, for reference.

How many watts do I needATX 3.0 & PCIe 5.0 spec, PSU misconceptions, protections explainedgroup reg is bad

Just now, fasauceome said:

Put your rig in your bio so we know what you're running

sure