Help to chose a Work/Gaming Laptop (~3500$)

Hi everyone! 

I am looking for laptop choice advice! I saw this Q&A type post earlier and find it clear to read so I made one similar :

CONTEXT:
I am an Engineering student in my last year of school and would like to buy a work/gaming laptop that will last me at least 5 years.

As I am willing to put a lot of money in it I really want to choose it carefully! Thanks for your help! :)

Total budget ?
~3000€  /  ~3500$ max budget (France or USA)

General Specs / Do you prefer a 2 in 1 form factor, good battery life or best specifications?
- 2 in 1 would be awesome

- 7-9 hours battery ideally

- i7 8th gen or better

- 16 Gb ram or more (I assume 2 x 8Gb is also better but please correct me if not)

- 512Go SSD minimum - 2To SSD maximum

- Windows 10

How important is weight and thinness to you?

Thin and light is better but most importantly:

I don't want a laptop looking too much like a gaming laptop (as I need to use it for work it is better if the design is sober)

Performance is still my priority.

Do you have a preferred screen? 
15"

FHD or 4K

Good screen temperature and colors as I wish to use Adobe Creative Suite

60Hz+ refresh rate as I wish to play also

Are you doing any CAD/video editing/photo editing? List which programs/games you desire to run.

- Adobe Creative Suite (mostly Photoshop & Premiere Pro)

- Solidworks / Fusion 360 (small/medium designs)

If you're gaming, do you have certain games you want to play? At what settings and FPS do you want?

I would like to play in ultra settings around 45-70 fps depending on the game (The Witcher 3 / FarCry 5 / RDR2 / TES6 hopefully haha / etc..) 

Any specific requirements such as good keyboard, reliable build quality, touch-screen, finger-print reader, optical drive or good input devices (keyboard/touchpad)? 
I would like the laptop to last so a solid structure would be great (metal).

A good keyboard is also nice.

Touch-screen is a good feature but not mandatory.

I know this is a lot of requirements and there might not be THE perfect laptop but still if you have any advice and devices to suggest I would be glad to hear it ! :) 

For now I've been looking at

- HP Spectre x360 15-df0900nz

- Dell XPS 15 2 in 1

- Microsoft Surface Book 2

but I'm not convinced

PS: English is not my native language, sorry for the mistakes

I believe the newest Dell XPS 15 is the laptop for you, having used it myself it seems exactly what you're looking for.

I WILL find your ITX build thread, and I WILL recommend the SIlverstone Sugo SG13B

Primary PC:

i7 8086k - EVGA Z370 Classified K - G.Skill Trident Z RGB - WD SN750 - Jedi Order Titan Xp - Hyper 212 Black (with RGB Riing flair) - EVGA G3 650W - dual booting Windows 10 and Linux - Black and green theme, Razer brainwashed me.

Draws 400 watts under max load, for reference.

How many watts do I needATX 3.0 & PCIe 5.0 spec, PSU misconceptions, protections explainedgroup reg is bad

2 minutes ago, fasauceome said:

I believe the newest Dell XPS 15 is the laptop for you, having used it myself it seems exactly what you're looking for.

xps or laditude equivalent, matebook x pro, hp x360 should check the boxes

For that budget I'll go for true mobile workstations like Thinkpad P52, Precision 7530

Desktop specs:

Spoiler

AMD Ryzen 5 5600 Thermalright Peerless Assassin 120 SE ARGB Gigabyte B550M DS3H mATX

Asrock Challenger Pro OC Radeon RX 6700 XT Corsair Vengeance LPX 16GB (8Gx2) 3600MHz CL18 Kingston NV2 1TB PCIe 4.0 NVMe SSD

Montech Century 850W Gold Tecware Nexus Air (Black) ATX Mid Tower

Laptop: Lenovo Ideapad 5 Pro 16ACH6

Phone: Xiaomi Redmi Note 10 Pro 8+128