my system

T123

hi my system is gigabyte ab350m gaming 3 motherboard with a ryzen 3 1300x and 8gb of ddr4 hyper x ram and 600 watt power supply and just installed a gigabyte rx 580 8gb graphics card  and im only getting on  newer games 

on medium a high of about 47 fps and on high about 40 fps with out vsync  with it on I get 60 fps

what is your Monitor Resolution at? and what games? two sticks of memory?(dual channel)

the 580 is a bit powerful for a r3.

have you checked your fps and settings in games at same resolution with others with same specs from youtube and such? see if normal or not?

hi thanks for getting back to me two stick in dual channel and the monitor a is  Samsung 32inch led tv so I would have been better of getting a rx 570 in stead of the 580

so it sounds like my processor is not really powerful enough to get the best out off the rx 580 8gb 

14 minutes ago, Strike105X said:

Don't jump to conclusions. First tell us the full specification of the ram,tell us what games are you having issues with. What is the resolution at which you are playing. Also quote us if you want us to reply otherwise we wont get a notification you replied.

Gigabyte ab350m - gaming mother board ryzen 1300x hyper x 2x4gb 2400 ddr4 gigabyte Radeon rx 580 8gb 128gb ssd 1tb hard drive 32inch Samsung led tv running games like dirt 4 f1 2017 at 1080p and high getting about 40fps and getting on medium about 50fps with no vsync 

25 minutes ago, Strike105X said:

While i'm not familiar with F1 2017 i am familiar with Dirt4 and those frames are way to bad for that CPU, sure your CPU might not let your GPU run wild in certain games (still not to the point of dropping under 60 FPS though, unless we are talking about poorly optimized messes of games like PUBG or Fallout 4/76). Before switching to the RX580 did you properly uninstall the old drivers with ddu ? Are you using the latest drivers ?

What is ddu

58 minutes ago, Strike105X said:

While i'm not familiar with F1 2017 i am familiar with Dirt4 and those frames are way to bad for that CPU, sure your CPU might not let your GPU run wild in certain games (still not to the point of dropping under 60 FPS though, unless we are talking about poorly optimized messes of games like PUBG or Fallout 4/76). Before switching to the RX580 did you properly uninstall the old drivers with ddu ? Are you using the latest drivers ?

18.12.3 optional shall I use 18.12.2 

1 hour ago, Strike105X said:

display driver uninstaller, it is a program to uninstall previous drivers before installing new ones.You can get the latest version here: https://www.wagnardsoft.com/

If your previous card (the one you got before the RX580) was NVIDIA i suggest from safe mode to uninstall first your current AMD driver (do this twice) then after the restart getting into safe mode again and pick uninstall NVIDIA driver, should remove any remnant files if there where some. If your previous GPU was also AMD, run the uninstaller twice from safe mode (with a restart between them of course).

Normally 18.12.3 optional should be fine, but i can't say for sure, i'm on 18.12.2 myself (didn't update) and performance wise its the best i ever used, but i didn't install relive and i disabled everything in preferences. Also don't touch wattman, for now its a bit buggy so leave your GPU to handle that stuff.

If you still have issues, the first suspects are windows itself, or some piece of software that conflicts with gaming (like an antivirus). Secondary something hardware related, like the RX580 being a sapphire which has a dual bios system and its set to run on the silent mode rather then the performance mode, in silent mode the card prioritizes silence and cuts away performance to achieve it.

Ok thanks for your help

3 hours ago, Strike105X said:

display driver uninstaller, it is a program to uninstall previous drivers before installing new ones.You can get the latest version here: https://www.wagnardsoft.com/

If your previous card (the one you got before the RX580) was NVIDIA i suggest from safe mode to uninstall first your current AMD driver (do this twice) then after the restart getting into safe mode again and pick uninstall NVIDIA driver, should remove any remnant files if there where some. If your previous GPU was also AMD, run the uninstaller twice from safe mode (with a restart between them of course).

Normally 18.12.3 optional should be fine, but i can't say for sure, i'm on 18.12.2 myself (didn't update) and performance wise its the best i ever used, but i didn't install relive and i disabled everything in preferences. Also don't touch wattman, for now its a bit buggy so leave your GPU to handle that stuff.

If you still have issues, the first suspects are windows itself, or some piece of software that conflicts with gaming (like an antivirus). Secondary something hardware related, like the RX580 being a sapphire which has a dual bios system and its set to run on the silent mode rather then the performance mode, in silent mode the card prioritizes silence and cuts away performance to achieve it.

hi before I had sapphire nitro 460 4gb and used the programme u suggested and re installed the drivers and I know get on dirt 4 high settings now getting low of 82 and high of 130fps same with f1 2017 so thanks for your help

5 hours ago, Strike105X said:

No problem, glad it wasn't a more complex issue, happy holidays :) .

hi I did all the thing u said and after that the fps up nearly 100 fps but since I shut it down it gone back to about 40 fps on high setting can u please help

1 minute ago, Strike105X said:

Before we continue, exactly what RX580 model do you have ?

Gigabyte 8gb

49 minutes ago, Strike105X said:

Okay that rulles out the dual bios issue.

So first try this:

Open my computer/explorer and paste this in the address bar and hit enter:

Control Panel\Hardware and Sound\Power Options

You should be at the power options, make sure to select there High Performance, restart the PC and see if the games run better if not, uninstall the driver (with DDU) and install 18.12.1 .

hi resetting wattman settings fixes it but if u shutdown and leave it for a while it goes back to low fps but when u reset it a again its fine why wont it keep the fps high

1 minute ago, Strike105X said:

Its a bug with the new Adrenaline drivers and some RX580 versions for now, uninstall drivers with DDU and use the 18.12.1 drivers.

The new Adrenaline drivers had a massive overhaul so unfortunately it also came with a few bugs, it will take a bit to iron them all out.

how can I get the older version

3 hours ago, T123 said:

Thanks give that a try 

Hi I installed the older drivers did the same as it did before when shutdown it went low again but I reset the wattman it was fine shut down again left it about 25 mins it’s fine for know hopefully it’s fixed it.

I have powerful enough power supply but it’s not that good could that cause problems 

16 hours ago, T123 said:

Thanks give that a try 

Hi what would a great nvidea replacement be for a rx580 8gb im thinking zotac gtx 1060 6gb