Upgrade from GTX770

I have a GTX 770 2gb currently, I was wondering if a 1060 6gb would be a good upgrade due to boxing day sales in Canada. I currently have a i5-4670k overclocked. Should I upgrade or should I wait to replace the whole system late next year?

Edit** 1080p with a 144hz monitor

Thanks!

I would personally just buy a 1060/1070 used, much cheaper.

NEW PC build: Blank Heaven   minimalist white and black PC     Old S340 build log "White Heaven"        The "LIGHTCANON" flashlight build log        Project AntiRoll (prototype)        Custom speaker project

Spoiler

Ryzen 3950X | AMD Vega Frontier Edition | ASUS X570 Pro WS | Corsair Vengeance LPX 64GB | NZXT H500 | Seasonic Prime Fanless TX-700 | Custom loop | Coolermaster SK630 White | Logitech MX Master 2S | Samsung 980 Pro 1TB + 970 Pro 512GB | Samsung 58" 4k TV | Scarlett 2i4 | 2x AT2020

the cost of a new 1060 compared to the 580 even though they are just about the same performance...and you get more ram with the 580.....of course depending on what your local prices are. or wherever you are buying from.

though I usually do buy used gpu for the better performance/value

Also your monitor and resolution are quite important to know if it will be a meaningful upgrade.

4 minutes ago, thx1138 said:

the cost of a new 1060 compared to the 580 even though they are just about the same performance...and you get more ram with the 580.....of course depending on what your local prices are. or wherever you are buying from.

though I usually do buy used gpu for the better performance/value

Also your monitor and resolution are quite important to know if it will be a meaningful upgrade.

1080p with a 144hz refresh rate!

Yes, It would definitely be meaningful to upgrade.

a 1060 or 580 or 590 or 1070 would good for you, though the 1070 would be the limit of reasonable with your current cpu. but  you would get a lot out of it.

this site is not 100% accurate, but it gives an 'okay' base stat comparison  https://gpu.userbenchmark.com/Compare/Nvidia-GTX-770-vs-Nvidia-GTX-1060-6GB/2174vs3639

5 minutes ago, thx1138 said:

Yes, It would definitely be meaningful to upgrade.

a 1060 or 580 or 590 or 1070 would good for you, though the 1070 would be the limit of reasonable with your current cpu. but  you would get a lot out of it.

this site is not 100% accurate, but it gives an 'okay' base stat comparison  https://gpu.userbenchmark.com/Compare/Nvidia-GTX-770-vs-Nvidia-GTX-1060-6GB/2174vs3639

Yeah i was looking at that! I was just not sure if it was worth upgrading now or waiting till late next year to upgrade to a whole new system (and hopefully the  RTX 21xx series)

https://cpu.userbenchmark.com/Compare/Intel-Core-i5-8600K-vs-Intel-Core-i5-4690K/3941vs2432

should show you that your cpu is stil very decent. Unless your moving to 1440p monitor and thus a 1070ti/1080/etc..., then I would suggest staying with it for now. BUT this next CES might blow us all out of the water...soooooooo...fingers crossed