GPU BUY Assistance!

brilly

I am new to looking at GPU's and have in fact done research, but before I buy I wanted to get some takes on what others thought.

The build:

Motherboard - ROG STIX B450-F Gaming

CPU - AMD Ryzen 5 2600 6 core/12 threads

CPU cooler - ARCTIC Freezer 13 Limited Edition

RAM - CORSAIR 32GB DDR4 3200MHZ

HDD - 500GB SSD (for boot only)

2TB Segate 5400rpm (for storage)

10TB IRON WOLF (still deciding)

Power Supply - EVGA 750W BQ 80+ Bronze, Semi Modular

GPU - Undecided!!!!!!!    Price range $1 - $300

Looked at pgin with either, ASUS, EVGA or AMD. I am up to hear about any model as well

So there is what I am running, please any input will be greatly appreciated.

11 minutes ago, brilly said:

What country?

Do you already own that PC? why the 32GBs of RAM?

The RX 570/580 are the easy choice for 1080p gaming, also comes with 2 free games right now they're like $150

I edit my posts a lot, Twitter is @LordStreetguru just don't ask PC questions there mostly...

Spoiler

What is your budget/country for your new PC?

what monitor resolution/refresh rate?

What games or other software do you need to run?

580/1060 6gb, whichever is cheaper. if you want to go second hand, you could look into a second hand 980 ti or 1070

You could get 16GB of ram if just for gaming and put a bit more toward gpu

I own the computer, and already have the RAM. I plan to use it for gaming and media server. 

I can still return RAM, but was not sure if it would do more for me in the long run.

Just now, brilly said:

I own the computer, and already have the RAM. I plan to use it for gaming and media server. 

well, then my recommendation keeps standing...

Just now, bomerr said:

used mining gpu on ebay. rx480 580, gtx 1060, gtx 1070 ti. 

absolutly not, some don't have display outputs, some only one, some are software or even hardware limited. just get a regular card

Yeah, I will not touch mining gear because of the abuse they get!

3 minutes ago, LukeSavenije said:

absolutly not, some don't have display outputs, some only one, some are software or even hardware limited. just get a regular card

Pretty sure he didn't mean mining specific

I edit my posts a lot, Twitter is @LordStreetguru just don't ask PC questions there mostly...

Spoiler

Just now, brilly said:

@LukeSavenije which brand do you recommend? 

Any RX 570 or 580 will be fine for 1080p gaming and comes with 2 free games atm.

RX 570s are only $140 atm

https://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16814131717&ignorebbr=1&nm_mc=AFC-C8Junction&cm_mmc=AFC-C8Junction-PCPartPicker, LLC-_-na-_-na-_-na&cm_sp=&AID=10446076&PID=3938566&SID=

Spoiler

1 minute ago, brilly said:

@LukeSavenije which brand do you recommend? 

i don't judge on brand, but i wouldn't buy powercolor or msi aero/armor for amd, and for msi most dual fan cards with the armor excluded

34 minutes ago, LukeSavenije said:

i don't judge on brand, but i wouldn't buy powercolor or msi aero/armor for amd, and for msi most dual fan cards with the armor excluded

Never mind. Didn’t read your post correctly. 

MSI B450 Pro Gaming Pro Carbon AC | AMD Ryzen 2700x  | NZXT  Kraken X52  MSI GeForce RTX2070 Armour | Corsair Vengeance LPX 32GB (4*8) 3200MhZ | Samsung 970 evo M.2nvme 500GB Boot  / Samsung 860 evo 500GB SSD | Corsair RM550X (2018) | Fractal Design Meshify C white | Logitech G pro WirelessGigabyte Aurus AD27QD 

@LukeSavenije I read your post again and I’m still not sure if I read it correct. Are you advising against the Armour series of MSI or not? (Dual fan ones) 

MSI B450 Pro Gaming Pro Carbon AC | AMD Ryzen 2700x  | NZXT  Kraken X52  MSI GeForce RTX2070 Armour | Corsair Vengeance LPX 32GB (4*8) 3200MhZ | Samsung 970 evo M.2nvme 500GB Boot  / Samsung 860 evo 500GB SSD | Corsair RM550X (2018) | Fractal Design Meshify C white | Logitech G pro WirelessGigabyte Aurus AD27QD 

3 minutes ago, Stormseeker9 said:

@LukeSavenije I read your post again and I’m still not sure if I read it correct. Are you advising against the Armour series of MSI or not? (Dual fan ones) 

i am

@LukeSavenije I have a RTX 2070 armour from MSI and I don’t have any issues. Idling around 33-35C under load 58-65 degrees. 75% of time fans don’t even spin. That heat sink it has is bloody beefy. 1kg~ card 

Just now, Stormseeker9 said:

@LukeSavenije I have a RTX 2070 armour from MSI and I don’t have any issues. Idling around 33-35C under load 58-65 degrees. 75% of time fans don’t even spin. That heat sink it has is bloody beefy. 1kg~ card 

yeah, the newer (rtx) armours are a lot better. the older design was really bad. those are used on the rx 500 series. to give a idea, the 1080 card runned 20 degrees higher than other cards tested

2 minutes ago, LukeSavenije said:

yeah, the newer (rtx) armours are a lot better. the older design was really bad. those are used on the rx 500 series. to give a idea, the 1080 card runned 20 degrees higher than other cards tested

Oh crap, that is bad! I actually built my first Pc this month. Been a child dream since I was 10 (25 now). Once I built it I started seeing all these negative things about armour series and never understood why (never mentioned models).

but yeah as I said MSI finally got their shit together hahah! Thanks for your answer By the way. I love This forum, only been a member a few days but it’s so nice and informative etc! Merry Christmas  

1 minute ago, Stormseeker9 said:

Oh crap, that is bad! I actually built my first Pc this month. Been a child dream since I was 10 (25 now). Once I built it I started seeing all these negative things about armour series and never understood why (never mentioned models).

but yeah as I said MSI finally got their shit together hahah! Thanks for your answer By the way. I love This forum, only been a member a few days but it’s so nice and informative etc! Merry Christmas  

no problem, it's something i actually discussed with a mod a while ago. i kept myself from the armour, as they were low binned cheap coolers, but they got a bit better now. they only use the non a chip, kind of a bummer, but also kinda expected

The armor is a good card minus the cooler. In the case of the 1080 Armor it is identical to the gaming x, with a shit cooler. Perfect for water-cooling.

Black Knight-

Ryzen 5 5600, GIGABYTE B550M DS3H, 16Gb Corsair Vengeance LPX 3000mhz, Asrock RX 6800 XT Phantom Gaming,

Seasonic Focus GM 750, Samsung EVO 860 EVO SSD M.2, Intel 660p Series M.2 2280 1TB PCIe NVMe, Linux Mint 20.2 Cinnamon

Daughter's Rig;

MSI B450 A Pro, Ryzen 5 3600x, 16GB Corsair Vengeance LPX 3000mhz, Silicon Power A55 512GB SSD, Gigabyte RX 5700 Gaming OC, Corsair CX430

Black Knight-

Ryzen 5 5600, GIGABYTE B550M DS3H, 16Gb Corsair Vengeance LPX 3000mhz, Asrock RX 6800 XT Phantom Gaming,

Seasonic Focus GM 750, Samsung EVO 860 EVO SSD M.2, Intel 660p Series M.2 2280 1TB PCIe NVMe, Linux Mint 20.2 Cinnamon

Daughter's Rig;

MSI B450 A Pro, Ryzen 5 3600x, 16GB Corsair Vengeance LPX 3000mhz, Silicon Power A55 512GB SSD, Gigabyte RX 5700 Gaming OC, Corsair CX430

This is great information, because I was looking at the ARMOUR before coming on here. Anyone have any sites they use besides newegg, facebook market place or craigslist?

8 minutes ago, brilly said:

This is great information, because I was looking at the ARMOUR before coming on here. Anyone have any sites they use besides newegg, facebook market place or craigslist?

RTX series of armour are good tho in cooling. Read my post above about temps. 

21 minutes ago, LukeSavenije said:

no problem, it's something i actually discussed with a mod a while ago. i kept myself from the armour, as they were low binned cheap coolers, but they got a bit better now. they only use the non a chip, kind of a bummer, but also kinda expected

I mean for €535 I thought it was a decent deal indeed. Might sell this card off in a month or 2-3 and get a 2080. Depends on the bank balance haha