VR GPU under $270?

Bullet-Genius

I was looking at a GTX 1060 or an AMD 590 due to the rest of the system being AMD,  im looking under $270 to stay in budget.

Any and all input is helpful,

Thank you

Following is the setup,

GTX 1060 from eBay will do nicely

I WILL find your ITX build thread, and I WILL recommend the SIlverstone Sugo SG13B

Primary PC:

i7 8086k - EVGA Z370 Classified K - G.Skill Trident Z RGB - WD SN750 - Jedi Order Titan Xp - Hyper 212 Black (with RGB Riing flair) - EVGA G3 650W - dual booting Windows 10 and Linux - Black and green theme, Razer brainwashed me.

Draws 400 watts under max load, for reference.

How many watts do I needATX 3.0 & PCIe 5.0 spec, PSU misconceptions, protections explainedgroup reg is bad

The combination of CPU and GPU BRANDS is absolutelly irrelevant. A 590 will not work better with an AMD processor, in fact it will most likely work worse due to higher driver overhead (or used to, last time i heard about this was a while ago. THis might be a thing of the past).

I would get a chepaer case and PSU like these:

Corsair CX450M https://pcpartpicker.com/product/FQ648d/corsair-power-supply-cp9020101na

and

Phanteks P300 if you really need the tempered glass https://pcpartpicker.com/product/FCs8TW/phanteks-eclipse-p300-tempered-glass-atx-mid-tower-case-ph-ec300ptgbk

There are probably better cases at the price point without tempered glass.
Get 2 Sticks of ram for dual channel.
and i would never ever ever buy a motherboard with 2 RAM slots outside of an ITX form factor board.

Working on your build. Posting my suggestion in few minutes.

http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/334934-unofficial-ltt-beginners-guide/ (by Minibois) and a few things that will make our community interaction more pleasent:
1. FOLLOW your own topics                                                                                2.Try to QUOTE people so we can read through things easier
3.Use
PCPARTPICKER.COM - easy and most importantly approved here        4.Mark your topics SOLVED if they are                                
Don't change a running system

honestly, just go with whatever is cheaper

if you want better power efficiency, go with 1060. 

21 minutes ago, Bullet-Genius said:

im looking under $270 to stay in budget.

You can get used GTX 980 Tis for $270 on Ebay.

CPU: Intel Core i7-950 Motherboard: Gigabyte GA-X58A-UD3R CPU Cooler: NZXT HAVIK 140 RAM: Corsair Dominator DDR3-1600 (1x2GB), Crucial DDR3-1600 (2x4GB), Crucial Ballistix Sport DDR3-1600 (1x4GB) GPU: ASUS GeForce GTX 770 DirectCU II 2GB SSD: Samsung 860 EVO 2.5" 1TB HDDs: WD Green 3.5" 1TB, WD Blue 3.5" 1TB PSU: Corsair AX860i & CableMod ModFlex Cables Case: Fractal Design Meshify C TG (White) Fans: 2x Dynamic X2 GP-12 Monitors: LG 24GL600F, Samsung S24D390 Keyboard: Logitech G710+ Mouse: Logitech G502 Proteus Spectrum Mouse Pad: Steelseries QcK Audio: Bose SoundSport In-Ear Headphones

Thanks, i am just trying to get the Vive up and running smoothly in things like beat saber.

8 minutes ago, GER_T4IGA said:

The combination of CPU and GPU BRANDS is absolutelly irrelevant. A 590 will not work better with an AMD processor, in fact it will most likely work worse due to higher driver overhead (or used to, last time i heard about this was a while ago. THis might be a thing of the past).

I would get a chepaer case and PSU like these:

Corsair CX450M https://pcpartpicker.com/product/FQ648d/corsair-power-supply-cp9020101na

and

Phanteks P300 if you really need the tempered glass https://pcpartpicker.com/product/FCs8TW/phanteks-eclipse-p300-tempered-glass-atx-mid-tower-case-ph-ec300ptgbk

There are probably better cases at the price point without tempered glass.
Get 2 Sticks of ram for dual channel.
and i would never ever ever buy a motherboard with 2 RAM slots outside of an ITX form factor board.

Working on your build. Posting my suggestion in few minutes.

What is wrong with only the two ram slots? will it not run as well on two? looking to get an identical stick in the near future.

My recommendation:

• mobo has 4 slots,
  • dual channel ram,
  • found a low offer for a 1070,
  • more SSD storage, speeds are fine on that, a bit cheaper,
  • cheaper case,
  • cheaper but still adequate PSU

PCPartPicker part list / Price breakdown by merchant

CPU: AMD - Ryzen 5 2600 3.4 GHz 6-Core Processor  ($164.99 @ Amazon)
Motherboard: Gigabyte - B450M DS3H Micro ATX AM4 Motherboard  ($69.99 @ Amazon)
Memory: G.Skill - Ripjaws V Series 8 GB (2 x 4 GB) DDR4-2800 Memory  ($57.99 @ Newegg)
Storage: Team - L5 LITE 3D 240 GB 2.5" Solid State Drive  ($29.99 @ Newegg)
Video Card: Gigabyte - GeForce GTX 1070 8 GB Mini ITX OC Video Card  ($284.99 @ Newegg)
Case: Phanteks - Eclipse P300 Tempered Glass (Black) ATX Mid Tower Case  ($39.99 @ Newegg)
Power Supply: Corsair - CXM (2015) 450 W 80+ Bronze Certified Semi-Modular ATX Power Supply  ($29.99 @ Newegg)
Total: $677.93
Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available
Generated by PCPartPicker 2018-12-24 16:07 EST-0500

I did not check for memory QVL. I am frankly to lazy. you can if you want to or have someone else do.

Is this still within budget?

http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/334934-unofficial-ltt-beginners-guide/ (by Minibois) and a few things that will make our community interaction more pleasent:
1. FOLLOW your own topics                                                                                2.Try to QUOTE people so we can read through things easier
3.Use
PCPARTPICKER.COM - easy and most importantly approved here        4.Mark your topics SOLVED if they are                                

17 minutes ago, Bullet-Genius said:

What is wrong with only the two ram slots? will it not run as well on two? looking to get an identical stick in the near future.

it will run just as well until you want to add 2 more sticks of ram ... which you frankly will since 8 is not enough but 16 will probably be enoguh for a long while so you can go with 2x4 for dual channel now and 16 in the future :)

3.Use

https://rover.ebay.com/rover/0/0/0?mpre=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.ebay.com%2Fulk%2Fitm%2F183601545660

Just saw this incredible deal, the R9 fury is 1070 lever performance (give or take) so that makes this an amazing deal.

I WILL find your ITX build thread, and I WILL recommend the SIlverstone Sugo SG13B

Primary PC:

i7 8086k - EVGA Z370 Classified K - G.Skill Trident Z RGB - WD SN750 - Jedi Order Titan Xp - Hyper 212 Black (with RGB Riing flair) - EVGA G3 650W - dual booting Windows 10 and Linux - Black and green theme, Razer brainwashed me.

Draws 400 watts under max load, for reference.

How many watts do I needATX 3.0 & PCIe 5.0 spec, PSU misconceptions, protections explainedgroup reg is bad

Thanks for your input, i already have the CPU and PSU so ill just finish it off with that 4 ram slot mobo, with the dual channel (2x8) ram, the p300 case, and the 1070 GPU. Thank you all!

• 2 weeks later...
On 12/24/2018 at 3:24 PM, Bullet-Genius said:

I was looking at a GTX 1060 or an AMD 590 due to the rest of the system being AMD,  im looking under $270 to stay in budget.

Any and all input is helpful,

Thank you

Following is the setup,

just save up 30 bucks and get a used gtx 1070ti for 300 on ebay/mercari/ offer up

On 12/24/2018 at 3:46 PM, Geography said:

You can get used GTX 980 Tis for $270 on Ebay.

I got a used asus strix 980ti for $200 off craigslist, and 2x evga 980ti's off ebay for $425.

You cant go wrong, you can get them under $250 and much better than a 1060 6gb, which I have also.

Then upgrade in the future

Edit - if you're willing to go up to around $300 you can get a used 1070ti if you shop around.

Nothing wrong with buying a used gpu

CPU: Intel i5-9600k | MoBo: Gigabyte Aorus Elite z390 | RAM: 16gb (4 x 4gb) Crucial Ballistix Sport LT DDR4-2400

GPU: Gigabyte Aorus Xtreme 1080ti | Storage: 500gb Samsung 860 vNand SSD x2 & 1tb WD Caviar Blue HDD

Chassis: NZXT h700i White w/ RGB LED | Cooling: Corsair H100i Pro RGB AIO & 6x Corsair AF120 fans White LED

Screens: 2x 27" Acer HA270 Ultra Slim LED | Peripherals: MSI Interceptor RGB DS4200 Key & D200 Mouse