My Tower Wont go to Sleep.

HemiPhenom955

Hi all, this sounds like a simple thing but i have done all i know how to do.

This problem started oddly enough when i got my New Phantom 820. The thing is,, my Monitors go Black,but my Tower Fan and LED's stay lit/on. My Keyboard and mouse stay lit as well.

I get No response from them i need to hit the Reset button on my tower for it to wake up, but it restarts the PC. Sometimes it acts like i lost power too.

I have checked the UEFI Settings and they are at Default. I have also checked and changed the Windows power options and They are at default.

The only thing different other than the Case it self is, I hav NO fans pluged into my MOBO.

Any Help would be awsome.

Thanks

For sleep do you mean sleep or hibernate because even sleep it sometimes lights up.

For sleep do you mean sleep or hibernate because even sleep it sometimes lights up.

Like when a PC shuts off but goes back on when you hit a Key or move the mouse.

your fans should be plugged in to your mobo, then they will be shut off in sleep mode. I don't know a solution for your keyboard and mouse, they have to stay on because they are needed to get the computer out of sleep mode.

~non cogito, ergo non sum?~

that's because you keep forgetting to tuck me in...

is there an option for keyboard/mouse wake in the bios?

It might be usb wake. I couldn't wake mine with my old keyboard but once I switched to my ps2 mech board it wakes up on any key press.

Will work for electronic components and parts

Reviews: Meelec CC51P - Monoprice 8323 - Koss Porta Pros  - Shure SRH-440 - Shure SRH-550DJShure SRH-840 - Hifiman He-500 - iBasso D4 - o2 Amplifier  -  SkeletonDac

that's because you keep forgetting to tuck me in... is there an option for keyboard/mouse wake in the bios? It might be usb wake. I couldn't wake mine with my old keyboard but once I switched to my ps2 mech board it wakes up on any key press.

All things are the Same outside of the Case and the fact that all my fans are controled by the Phantom 820 Fan controller.

Like when a PC shuts off but goes back on when you hit a Key or move the mouse.

Thats normal you can change your settings for your computer to also go to hybernate instead

Remember to config your reset button as wakeup button from windows power options. Otherwise it acts as reset and restarts pc. To clarify to HemiPhenom, Sleep mode is when HDDs, monitor and cpu shut down. It doesn't shut pc completely and usually allows quick wakeup just by moving mouse. I pretty sure it can be configured from windows. All fan and mouse/keyboard leds should remain on since they get power straight. You said that fans are plugged to controller which is plugged to psu. Hibernate is deeper sleep state from pcs. It need power button for wakeup and all devices connected to mobo should go off. There might be problem with your bios settings or mobo itself if leds remain on.

Correct me if I got this wrong. I've used sleep and hibernate only on laptop.

^^^^ That's my post ^^^^
<-- This is me --- That's your scrollbar -->
vvvv Who's there? vvvv

Remember to config your reset button as wakeup button from windows power options. Otherwise it acts as reset and restarts pc. To clarify to HemiPhenom' date=' Sleep mode is when HDDs, monitor and cpu shut down. It doesn't shut pc completely and usually allows quick wakeup just by moving mouse. I pretty sure it can be configured from windows. All fan and mouse/keyboard leds should remain on since they get power straight. You said that fans are plugged to controller which is plugged to psu. Hibernate is deeper sleep state from pcs. It need power button for wakeup and all devices connected to mobo should go off. There might be problem with your bios settings or mobo itself if leds remain on. Correct me if I got this wrong. I've used sleep and hibernate only on laptop.[/quote']

It's not a matter of configuring a button to wake my PC up.

My Problem is IT DOES NOT SLEEP or HIBERNATE!!!!! My Monitors go black and THATS IT!!!!! To get it to "Wake up" or in other words for the Monitors to come back on i have to hit the RESET BUTTON!

My Power supply fan ALL MY CASE FANS and LED's STAY ON!!!.

So i think none of you are getting what i'm saying so yet again,,,

Thanks for Nothing

Calm down, everyone is trying to help. When you restart your computer were there any error logs?

Calm down' date=' everyone is trying to help. When you restart your computer were there any error logs?[/quote']

Well im sorry for "yelling" so to speak.

Lets try it this way.

Lets say im working my computer like any other day,, but i need to fly to the store for bread or scones or beer,, lets say i'm gone one hour.

in my experience a computer set for "power saving" would be, lets say "Asleep" in 30 minuts or so. Rite?

Like there would be no fans running, no led's on,, no keyboard LED's, ect,,ect. Rite? the Computer would be "Asleep" Rite??

and then One would touch the mouse OR hit a key on the Keyboard the Computer would "Wake-up" Rite??

you know, the fans would come on,, the monitors would come on,, ect,,ect,,

This is what My computer is doing or Not doing as it were,

Well my UEFI has no "Power saving" atributes that i can see, My Windows 7 Power settings are set to,, "Power Saving".

So with that said,, When i return from the store 1 hour later,, my monitors are "off" , the Indacator LED's are Red.

Every Fan in my case, including the PSU And Grafics Card fan's are Running, The LED's on the Phantom 820,, both internal and external,, are On.

My H-100 Pump,,,On.

If i go more than two or three hours without touching my mouse or Keyboard,, those LED's will go out.

Now with That said,, Heres the hitch you folks are hitting.

When i try to "Wake" my computer up, with a gental nudge of my Deathadder or touch a key on my Black widow,,i get Nothing but the Lights on my Razor's.

All the while the Fans are Running , the LED's are on,, the PSU and GTX460 Fans are ,, Running.

As Far as Error Logs,, no its jus "Windows shut down prematurely" or somthing like that,, that Safe mode prompt deal.

I know there are a "But Ton" ~Linus~ reference of "Big Brains" On this site, thats why i was pissed.

I have the same exact issue with my pc

From last nigths irc conversation: try to update your BIOS if it's possible.

^^^^ That's my post ^^^^
<-- This is me --- That's your scrollbar -->
vvvv Who's there? vvvv

Already done,, a long time ago.

Could it be because i dont have Any fans plugged into my motherboard?

did you sing it a lullaby? lol sorry i just had to.

i5 3570 | MSI GD-65 Gaming | OCZ Vertex 60gb ssd | WD Green 1TB HDD | NZXT Phantom | TP-Link Wifi card | H100 | 5850

“I snort instant coffee because it’s easier on my nose than cocaine"

do you have any fans at all? or are all your fans plugged into a hub?

i5 3570 | MSI GD-65 Gaming | OCZ Vertex 60gb ssd | WD Green 1TB HDD | NZXT Phantom | TP-Link Wifi card | H100 | 5850

“I snort instant coffee because it’s easier on my nose than cocaine"

do you have any fans at all? or are all your fans plugged into a hub?

They are all plugged into My NZXT Phantom 820 Controller.

I had same problem whit same case then i RMA it to NZXT and after that all was working just fine.

What did NZXT replace?? i'm NOT sending my whole case out for RMA.

I had same problem whit same case then i RMA it to NZXT and after that all was working just fine.

What did NZXT replace?? i'm NOT sending my whole case out for RMA.

That thing where all fans and and lights go.

(At the top near front).

I'll ask again,,,

Is it becaue i have NO fans plugged into my Motherboard??

Maybe Slick or Linus could tell me.