doorcams

TheBean
Go to solution Solved by TheBean,

I think im just going to get the wyzacam and get a fire hd 8" and wall mount that with an unlimited screen on time to stream it 24/7. 

I am planning to get a doorcam for my home. but, is there a way to get something like the wyzecam and everytime it detects motion, my chromecast can show who it is on the tv?

apparantly, you can do it with alexa products, but i dont want to spend extra to buy those (i already have a chromecast.

Edited by saksham

39 minutes ago, saksham said:

I am planning to get a doorcam for my home. but, is there a way to get something like the wyzecam and everytime it detects motion, my chromecast can show who it is on the tv?

apparantly, you can do it with alexa products, but i dont want to spend extra to buy those (i already have a chromecast.

Video door-bells contain integrated security cameras and are also great for getting notified for when someone is at your door. I would be able to recommend some of these products or more standardized security cameras depending on which one would be more optimal for your usage scenario, also do you have a certain budget in mind for this security product?

Hope this information post was helpful  ?,

@Boomwebsearch 

55 minutes ago, Boomwebsearch said:

Video door-bells contain integrated security cameras and are also great for getting notified for when someone is at your door. I would be able to recommend some of these products or more standardized security cameras depending on which one would be more optimal for your usage scenario, also do you have a certain budget in mind for this security product?

under $60 would be ideal. i dont want the ring camera because my door frame is very slim and there is no space for that. (which is why i wanted a security camera that would do the same thing. 

19 minutes ago, saksham said:

under $60 would be ideal. i dont want the ring camera because my door frame is very slim and there is no space for that. (which is why i wanted a security camera that would do the same thing. 

There is one which is created by Merkury Innovatons and runs off of the Genni application for automation, although it would be 19 USD over your budget of 60 dollars. It connects with the google assistant so you could tell your google home product to show you the camera's footage with integration of your chrome-cast to see the footage on your TV or display. This one is a slim one, although not really sure if it would work with your door hardware configuration. The other-one is a value option at around 30 dollars USD and you could mount it vertically to get it to fit on the door frame or next to the door and then remove the cutout for the doorbell or install a plate that says to use the doorbell off to the side (or like on another wall). I will include links to both of these products on Walmart. If these would not work for your usage scenario, then please let me know and I can suggest some other options of either doorbell camera or regular security camera.

links to the aforementioned products within this post:

https://www.walmart.com/ip/Wireless-Doorbell-EEEKit-Professional-Smart-Wifi-Wireless-720P-HD-Video-Camera-Ring-Motion-Detection-Night-Vision-Real-Time-Video-and-Audio-Chat/253621238

https://www.walmart.com/ip/Wireless-Doorbell-EEEKit-Professional-Smart-Wifi-Wireless-720P-HD-Video-Camera-Ring-Motion-Detection-Night-Vision-Real-Time-Video-and-Audio-Chat/253621238

@Boomwebsearch 

39 minutes ago, Boomwebsearch said:

There is one which is created by Merkury Innovatons and runs off of the Genni application for automation, although it would be 19 USD over your budget of 60 dollars. It connects with the google assistant so you could tell your google home product to show you the camera's footage with integration of your chrome-cast to see the footage on your TV or display. This one is a slim one, although not really sure if it would work with your door hardware configuration. The other-one is a value option at around 30 dollars USD and you could mount it vertically to get it to fit on the door frame or next to the door and then remove the cutout for the doorbell or install a plate that says to use the doorbell off to the side (or like on another wall). I will include links to both of these products on Walmart. If these would not work for your usage scenario, then please let me know and I can suggest some other options of either doorbell camera or regular security camera.

links to the aforementioned products within this post:

yea.. those are thicc. i meant something like the nest doorcan but cheaper. the nest one is perfect but waayyy to expensive. 

2 minutes ago, saksham said:

yea.. those are thicc. i meant something like the nest doorcan but cheaper. the nest one is perfect but waayyy to expensive. 

43 minutes ago, Boomwebsearch said:

Oops, I accidentally posted the same one twice and did not include a link to the one created by Merkury Innovations. I will include it within this post. I think that this one might be slightly more slim and compact than the Ring one although not exactly sure and the dimensions should be checked against the door frame's dimensions. I will include a link to a good outdoor grade security camera from Monoprice which is currently on sale from $ 79.99 USD although if it was not on sale then it would be out of your budget more than the one from Merkury Innovations which I would recommend more for your usage case in the case that it would be able to work with the dimensions of your door frame.

link to the aforementioned product from Monoprice:   https://www.walmart.com/ip/Monoprice-2-1MP-Full-HD-1080p-TVI-Security-Camera-Outdoor-Indoor-IP66-WDR-UTC-3-6mm-Fixed-Lens-24-IR-LEDs-up-to-65/185498782

link to the aforementioned product from Merkury Innovations:   https://www.walmart.com/ip/Merkury-Innovations-Smart-Doorbell-With-1080p-Camera-Black/458740666

@Boomwebsearch 

11 minutes ago, saksham said:

You cannot get a decent one that isnt going to break for under $60 and is small. Your best bet is to get the Nest - Hello Smart Wi-Fi Video Doorbell, you can finace them from Bestbuy for $30 monthly. Thats your best bet. I have a nest and I love it.

Main PC

------------

i5-9400f @2.9GHz | Corsair H100i Elite Capellix |Gigabyte RGB GTX1060 6GB | Corsair CX650M | Island Professional 120GB SSD | Toshiba 2TB HDD | Corsair Vengeance RGB Pro 2x16 DDR4 3200MHz  | Corsair iCUE 220T | Windows 10 Pro | CPU R20 Cinebench Score -  pts | OpenGL FPS -  FPS | Novabench Score (OC) -  Base - 

Keyboard and Mouse

------------

Corsair K70 RGB MK.2 Cherry Mx Red | Corsair Glaive RGB

Streaming PC (HP Compaq 8100 SFF)

------------

Xeon X3440 @2.53GHz | Radeon HD 6450 | HP Compaq 240watt PSU | Toshiba 1TB HDD | Samsung 2x4 DDR3 1333MHz | HP Compaq 8100 SFF | Windows 10 Pro | CPU Cinebench Score - 409 cb | OpenGL FPS - 16.77 FPS | Novabench Score (OC) - 991 Base - 938

Keyboard and Mouse

------------

Logitech G413 Silver White LED Romer-G Switch | Old Gateway Mouse

Monitors

------------

AOC - 21.5" IPS LED FHD Model - l2279VWHE | AOC - 24" TN Panel FHD 144hz 1ms Response - Model G2460PF

2 hours ago, Boomwebsearch said:

Video door-bells contain integrated security cameras

Those are too obvious, buy some cheap used camera as a decoy and use pinhole camera's in strategic spots.

8 minutes ago, Canada EH said:

Those are too obvious, buy some cheap used camera as a decoy and use pinhole camera's in strategic spots.

For most security applications, the solution is okay in the case that it stands out and sometimes that is even more preferred. Usually having a solution which does advertise to the criminals that there is security in place is not really a bad idea as it helps with reducing theft or the chance that the criminal chooses the area with the security solution. There are some cases where it is better to not have it stand out for design aspects, although I think that these products are used in the professional space without there being too much problems in its visual design and the only way that it could be an actual issue is in the case that it stands out too much or has an ugly design (like one that gives you or potential visitors/customers that security cameras are staring at you from every corner). Pinhole cameras are good for being hard to see/indicate although they do have less wide viewing angles and usually cost more. It really depends on what the end user wants, there are some that want the security to stand out and there are others which prefer if their security is kept hidden.

@Boomwebsearch 

Even just a sign helps out, even if you have nothing. It makes that crack head more paranoid, but that smart sober thief is the one to watch out for.

I think im just going to get the wyzacam and get a fire hd 8" and wall mount that with an unlimited screen on time to stream it 24/7.