Jump to content
Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Yesterday I asked if a i5 7400 would bottleneck a rtx 2070 and most of the replies were pretty much the same saying that it would, but not by a major amount. My question now is would my pc perform better with the rtx 2070 and the i5 or a gtx 1060 3gb plus the i5. I don't know a lot about PCs and want to know if that bottleneck on the rtx will hold it back to my current card. Thanks!

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Link to post
Share on other sites

the 2070 wold perform a bit better

I spent $2500 on building my PC and all i do with it is play no games atm & watch anime at 1080p(finally) watch YT and write essays...

Builds:

The Toaster Project! Northern Bee!

 

The original LAN PC build log! (Old, dead and replaced by The Toaster Project & 5.0)

Spoiler

"Here is some advice that might have gotten lost somewhere along the way in your life. 

 

#1. Treat others as you would like to be treated.

#2. It's best to keep your mouth shut; and appear to be stupid, rather than open it and remove all doubt.

#3. There is nothing "wrong" with being wrong. Learning from a mistake can be more valuable than not making one in the first place.

 

Follow these simple rules in life, and I promise you, things magically get easier. " - MageTank 31-10-2016

 

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Link to post
Share on other sites

39 minutes ago, Bananasplit_00 said:

the 2070 wold perform a bit better

can you elaborate on how much better, would it be a significant difference or something like a few fps in a game like bf5?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Link to post
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Hortaun said:

Yesterday I asked if a i5 7400 would bottleneck a rtx 2070 and most of the replies were pretty much the same saying that it would, but not by a major amount. My question now is would my pc perform better with the rtx 2070 and the i5 or a gtx 1060 3gb plus the i5. I don't know a lot about PCs and want to know if that bottleneck on the rtx will hold it back to my current card. Thanks!

 

Bottlenecking simply means that one component holds back the performance of another. It does not change the relative performance between different models of the same component. An RTX 2070 will never perform worse than a GTX 1060. It would take a major cpu bottleneck to even bring its performance down to the same level.

 

 

80+ ratings certify electrical efficiency. Not quality.

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Link to post
Share on other sites

51 minutes ago, Hortaun said:

can you elaborate on how much better, would it be a significant difference or something like a few fps in a game like bf5?

cant say without actiual testing, but it should be a bit better

I spent $2500 on building my PC and all i do with it is play no games atm & watch anime at 1080p(finally) watch YT and write essays...

Builds:

The Toaster Project! Northern Bee!

 

The original LAN PC build log! (Old, dead and replaced by The Toaster Project & 5.0)

Spoiler

"Here is some advice that might have gotten lost somewhere along the way in your life. 

 

#1. Treat others as you would like to be treated.

#2. It's best to keep your mouth shut; and appear to be stupid, rather than open it and remove all doubt.

#3. There is nothing "wrong" with being wrong. Learning from a mistake can be more valuable than not making one in the first place.

 

Follow these simple rules in life, and I promise you, things magically get easier. " - MageTank 31-10-2016

 

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Link to post
Share on other sites

56 minutes ago, brob said:

 

Bottlenecking simply means that one component holds back the performance of another. It does not change the relative performance between different models of the same component. An RTX 2070 will never perform worse than a GTX 1060. It would take a major cpu bottleneck to even bring its performance down to the same level.

 

 

Ok, thank you! This was the perfect answer :)

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
 Share


×