Cannot overclock RAM Ryzen

I have a 4GB stick of G.skill value ram in my PC which is rated for 2400Mhz. I have been trying to overclock it because I am using a Ryzen iGPU and want to get the best possible frame rates. I have overclocked the integrated gpu to 1550Mhz and I am now trying to OC the ram using XMP, but I cannot OC past 2666Mhz. I have tried increasing the voltage but anything over 2666MHz and the PC wont boot. There is no image on the screen either so I just have to wait for my computer to restart 3 times until it defaults down to 2133Mhz. Is my RAM just not suitable for overclocking or is it a motherbpard problem? I would rather not risk updating the BIOS but if it solves my problem I will. I want to get the ram as fast as possible until I can buy a discrete GPU

My specs are:

G.skill value 4gb 2400Mhz ram (F4-2400C15S-4GNT)

Asrock AB350M pro4

AMD Ryzen 2200g (iGPU OC to 1550Mhz)

You would be much better off trying to buy a second stick of ram. Single channel for an APU is going to limit your fps way more than frequency. Also 2663 might be as high as it will go if it is rated for 2400. You could get better luck with newer version of the bios for motherboard but I wouldn't count on it. Most of the bios for memory support came out before the release of the bios that supports the 2200g.

10 minutes ago, toby04 said:

I have a 4GB stick of G.skill value ram in my PC which is rated for 2400Mhz. I have been trying to overclock it because I am using a Ryzen iGPU and want to get the best possible frame rates. I have overclocked the integrated gpu to 1550Mhz and I am now trying to OC the ram using XMP, but I cannot OC past 2666Mhz. I have tried increasing the voltage but anything over 2666MHz and the PC wont boot. There is no image on the screen either so I just have to wait for my computer to restart 3 times until it defaults down to 2133Mhz. Is my RAM just not suitable for overclocking or is it a motherbpard problem? I would rather not risk updating the BIOS but if it solves my problem I will. I want to get the ram as fast as possible until I can buy a discrete GPU

My specs are:

G.skill value 4gb 2400Mhz ram (F4-2400C15S-4GNT)

Asrock AB350M pro4

AMD Ryzen 2200g (iGPU OC to 1550Mhz)

Sounds like cheap ram that is not very good for OC. OC on ram does not make that big of an improvement so I personly do not think that is worth it to OC ram because of the extremely small improvement. I also think that you should get a second stick of ram for even better improvement

Did I fix your problem? Please feel free to donate to me at <Link Removed> 

Any donation is greatly appreciated! Thanks!

My pc - PCPartPicker part list 

2 minutes ago, jake765111 said:

Sounds like cheap ram that is not very good for OC. OC on ram does not make that big of an improvement so I personly do not think that is worth it to OC ram because of the extremely small improvement. I also think that you should get a second stick of ram for even better improvement

Ryzen runs much better on faster memory, it's definitely worth the time to overclock it if OP can.

Community Standards || Tech News Posting Guidelines

---======================================================================---

CPU: R5 3600 || GPU: RTX 3070|| Memory: 32GB @ 3200 || Cooler: Scythe Big Shuriken || PSU: 650W EVGA GM || Case: NR200P

1 minute ago, Slottr said:

Ryzen runs much better on faster memory, it's definitely worth the time to overclock it if OP can.

They already tried and they could only hit 2663 then I would say call it good. No point in endlessly presuing an unobtailabe overclock.