How to enable XMP

Abzilla

Hi, i have been trying to find the XMP profile on the H81M-S2H with the Bios update F2 but i just cant find it, does anyone know where it is?

PC Specs: Motherboard: MSI Tomahawk X570  CPU: Ryzen 5900X  CPU Cooler: NZXT 240 mm Kraken Series AIO     GPU: Asus Strix ROG 1080 TI OC Edition    PSU: Corsair RM850 850W   Storage: 2 X 4TB, 2 X 1TB HDD And 1 X 1tb m.2 samsung 980 pro Case:  NZXT H440 2015 Edition

10 minutes ago, Abzilla said:

Hi, i have been trying to find the XMP profile on the H81M-S2H with the Bios update F2 but i just cant find it, does anyone know where it is?

Step 1: Are you certain the mobo supports this?

Step 2: Check the mobo manual?

NOTE: I no longer frequent this site. If you really need help, PM/DM me and my e.mail will alert me. 

38 minutes ago, Radium_Angel said:

Step 1: Are you certain the mobo supports this?

Step 2: Check the mobo manual?

It supports it according to the manual but, there is no note on how to activate it.

@Abzilla Could you perhaps post some pictures of the BIOS? If not look for an "Advanced" option. Maybe the XMP settings are under that.

Also, what RAM modules do you have?

Make sure to quote or tag people, so they get notified.

1 hour ago, Cyberspirit said:

It supports it according to the manual but, there is no note on how to activate it.

@Abzilla Could you perhaps post some pictures of the BIOS? If not look for an "Advanced" option. Maybe the XMP settings are under that.

Also, what RAM modules do you have?

my ram is A Data Technology, im not too sure about details, its a 2x8gb kit. i dont know because i bought it from my old pre-built pc

PC Specs: Motherboard: MSI Tomahawk X570  CPU: Ryzen 5900X  CPU Cooler: NZXT 240 mm Kraken Series AIO     GPU: Asus Strix ROG 1080 TI OC Edition    PSU: Corsair RM850 850W   Storage: 2 X 4TB, 2 X 1TB HDD And 1 X 1tb m.2 samsung 980 pro Case:  NZXT H440 2015 Edition

28 minutes ago, Abzilla said:

my ram is A Data Technology, im not too sure about details, its a 2x8gb kit. i dont know because i bought it from my old pre-built pc

It's usually written on the side of the stick but, you can check it with software as well.

If you get HwInfo and click on the memory tab it'll tell you what sticks you have.

It will also tell you if your modules support XMP or not.

Spoiler

image.png.dbcab04472dde258de790321cb7ec79b.png

Make sure to quote or tag people, so they get notified.

15 minutes ago, Cyberspirit said:

It's usually written on the side of the stick but, you can check it with software as well.

If you get HwInfo and click on the memory tab it'll tell you what sticks you have.

It will also tell you if your modules support XMP or not.

Hide contents

image.png.dbcab04472dde258de790321cb7ec79b.png

i have downloaded it but i don't know where to find that, what is it under?