EVGA GTX 980 ti low FPS?

Watcher98

I recently upgraded to a EVGA GTX 980 ti. I previously had a AMD 7970 but after I installed the drivers I get lower FPS in my games. Also, I have noticed that my computer is a bit choppy and laggy as well. I tried to remove the old amd gpu drivers by using a tool called DDU but it did not fix the issue. The card works, I have my monitor connected directly to my GPU and the card shows up on the device manager but I am still am getting poor FPS performance. I dont know what to do other than wipe my hard drive in order to get rid of any drivers that may be conflicting with the GPU. I have a i5-4690 and ddr 3 8 gb ram. My psu is 700W.  I dont know if my specs could be an issue but I really doubt it.  

You should've ran DDU before you installed the Nvidia drivers. Use DDU to remove both the AMD and Nvidia drivers and then re-install the Nvidia drivers.

Yes I forgot to mention that I did exactly what you replied. I also went into safe mode as well. I removed everything from AMD and Nvidia and reinstalled the drivers. But still no luck.

47 minutes ago, Watcher98 said:

Yes I forgot to mention that I did exactly what you replied. I also went into safe mode as well. I removed everything from AMD and Nvidia and reinstalled the drivers. But still no luck.

if you provide the below info, tech savvy folks here would be able to assist you better

cpu+gpu usage while gaming

games

games settings

display resolution

the cpu+gpu usage while gaming is the load gpu core?if so, it is 82.0% max 

games are only CSGO and EA's Battlefront 2

both games are max settings

resolution is 1920x1080

maybe try running valley benchmark and compare your scores and see if there's any difference with similar rig