Is there literally any way to convert a 12v header to 5v fans?

Hey y'all, I just need to know if theres any solution or if I just made an expensive mistake (also due to inexperience with RGB). So, I recently bought some parts to upgrade my system (Ryzen 5 2600, asus prime b450-plus, rosewill prism s500), and the case includes some RGB lighting and fans. Now, because I have no experience with using RGB in my builds, especially Asus Aura, I didn't realize there were two types of connectors. My motherboard (I believe) only has a 12v header, while the controller included in the case only supports 5v. The fans and strip can be controlled through the button on the case with power from the PSU, but that only offers the premade versions. Now, there is likely not a converter or something available, but I want to know if there is. Or, potentially, if there is a way to get an inexpensive system (<50-100 dollars) that is small, subtle, and could control those fans through Asus Aura (like an arduino or something). Is there any way to fix the mistake I've made without buying a whole new motherboard?

I made this mistake when buying an rgb  ssd. there is no way to fix it that I know of. 

If you don't mind cutting some wires and soldering one of these guys in line. Basically this will burn off energy as a small amount of heat to drop the voltage to 5V. 

You shouldn't need any capacitors with it as fans are not really sensitive to voltage ripples.

https://www.digikey.ca/product-detail/en/stmicroelectronics/L7805CV/497-1443-5-ND/585964

https://www.sparkfun.com/products/107

CPU: Intel i7 - 5820k @ 4.5GHz, Cooler: Corsair H80i, Motherboard: MSI X99S Gaming 7, RAM: Corsair Vengeance LPX 32GB DDR4 2666MHz CL16,

GPU: ASUS GTX 980 Strix, Case: Corsair 900D, PSU: Corsair AX860i 860W, Keyboard: Logitech G19, Mouse: Corsair M95, Storage: Intel 730 Series 480GB SSD, WD 1.5TB Black

Display: BenQ XL2730Z 2560x1440 144Hz

V regs will work well, if your savvy you could just run resistors...  i'd say + 1v up would not be a prob.

But the power can come from anywhere, it's the signal that tells the leds what to do.  You can just patch a wire to 5v rail (red) on your psu and use the mb header for signal/s.

Much like what we do with a fan hub.