HDD adapter question - Magnetism?

Vectraat

My case uses 2.5" drive bays from what I've been told. My case manufacturer (Fractal Design) sent me some brackets (adapters) that allow me to fasten my HDDs down securely with 4 screws instead of 2. I noticed when I aligned the adapters and took my fingers off them to grab a screw driver, they were being pulled toward the part of the HDD you see in the photo. I thought this was unusual as they're not magnetized, but clearly something in the HDD is causing this reaction.

a.) Is it bad for a metal piece or fingers to touch this part of the HDD?
b.) Is it bad for me to use these adapters since it causes some sort of magnetic reaction--which I should add, isn't very strong?
c.) The HDD trays themselves don't exhibit this kind of magnetic pull. However, It's my understanding that you need a very strong magnet to damage HDD data and perhaps there's no reason to be concerned? I doubt this would be strong enough to affect the reading/writing head? 

What would you guys do? Added screenshot to show what it looks like after the adapter (bracket) is installed. I'd like to think my case manufacturer wouldn't send me case-specific parts that are harmful to my HDDs.

Magnetic Pull: bfpIE0f.jpg

Complete: 9Fw5dSw.jpg

I could be wrong, but I'm pretty sure that's just where the magnets are for the heads. Other than the magnets being hecka strong, I don't think it's an issue.

Hard drives have a very strong permanent magnet inside of them to drive the arms that hold the head. If that's not destroying the data on the platters, then it stands to reason that you need a very strong magnetic field to even affect the data. See:

The magnetic pull is from the drive controller mechanism inside the drive, not from the parts the Design Fractal company sent you.  And no, there won't be any problems.  Go ahead with your installation, all will be fine.

2 hours ago, M.Yurizaki said:

Hard drives have a very strong permanent magnet inside of them to drive the arms that hold the head. If that's not destroying the data on the platters, then it stands to reason that you need a very strong magnetic field to even affect the data. 

Ok, so using the adapters is fine then? I can't quite recall if the adapters are touching the board, but I assume that metal / fingers coming into contact with the board isn't a good idea. Maybe I'll crack open my case again to double-check. If the adapters are touching the board is that bad? 

Thanks for the responses guys. 

If the adapters are touching the board then I would say yes, that's bad. But as long as they're not (I don't think they would) you'll be a-okay.

48 minutes ago, Vectraat said:

Ok, so using the adapters is fine then? I can't quite recall if the adapters are touching the board, but I assume that metal / fingers coming into contact with the board isn't a good idea. Maybe I'll crack open my case again to double-check. If the adapters are touching the board is that bad? 

Thanks for the responses guys. 

The new parts are specifically designed to do a particular job or function.  Go ahead and use them, there won't be any problems because that is what they are for.