I can't determine if I have a GPU problem, if it's dying or not?

Hello there, I don't visit these forums often, but I'm in a predicament, and I've not really anywhere else to go. So I hope you all don't mind helping me out. I appreciate the time, so thanks in advance. 

I'll let you know off the bat, I'm not really an expert with computers, but I built my first pc a few years ago, and it's currently the one I'm having issues with, so please forgive me if I ask more questions, as I will probably need some clarifications.

- Displayport stopped function a few months ago on GPU, but I'm not sure if it's the monitor's displayport or if it's actually the GPU.. (I don't have anything else I can test the port with, like another monitor) I switched out to a new displayport cable and it still didn't work, so I'm assuming it's either the GPU or monitor's port.

- Recently within the last month, I've been getting severe lag whenever I try to access my computer's GPU settings via the Nvidia control panel or geforce experience, my computer will stutter and moving the mouse across the screen is like watching a slide show for like 5minutes

- Nvidia control panel when the lagging and stuttering stops on my computer, also shows next to no options available except for stereoscopic 3D, which is literally the only thing showing up on the control panel, this didn't change even after reinstalling drivers through both DDU and geforce applications

- some games won't start up properly or even run (along with severe lag at times), I couldn't even get 3Dmark to even run any benchmarks, it would fail every time, however this is not the case with every game, some run fine without any issues, without any visible fps issues

- running furmark gave me test results like what I've attached in the bottom, which was concerning since I don't think 60000ms is normal? and my score was far below average 

- I have tried reinstalling drivers completely via geforce application and through DDU (this is where I ran into another problem) without solving the issue at all

- my computer will not boot into bios or safe mode, I had to uninstall drivers via DDU normally and not in safe mode, each time I try to boot from windows 10 into safe mode or bios, the boot LED turns on permanently on my motherboard

My system specs:

Operating system: Windows 10, 64bit

CPU: Intel i5 6600k

RAM: Gskill Trident z 16GB DDR43200 MHz (PC4 25600)

Harddrive/SSD: Samsung evo 850, 500GB and Western digital 2TB blue (OS is on SSD)

GPU: MSI 980ti

Mobo: Asus Z270 A

Power suppply: HX750i corsair

Bios version via msinfo32: American Megatrends Inc. 3007, 2016-11-29

SMBIOS Version: 3.0

- checking my manufacturer's website for drivers does appear like they have a new update to the bios, but I can't even access my bios right now, so I'm not sure if that'll even help

This is all leading me to the assumption that my GPU is dying, but I'm not sure, and I don't exactly want to make any rash decisions before I can say so for 100%. I've heard artifacting is a clear surefire sign, but I haven't seen that yet. Is there any other steps I should take or attempt? I've come looking for your opinions since most here are much more knowledgeable than me and this is all I could really do or think of on my own. I apologize for the length of my post, but I felt like I needed to include all the possible issues/what I've attempted to fix/find out the root of the issue. If you've gotten this far and are still willing to help me, I really do appreciate it, thanks.

image.pngimage.png.218c3ebcbce192c6ca418758f3fd184b.png

Edited by Flugel
added image of nvidia control panel

4 minutes ago, quakeguy81 said:

Furmark is a good way to kill a GPU.  Here is some copypasta:

"Furmark is an application designed to stress the GPU by maximizing power draw well beyond any real world application or game. In some cases, this could lead to slowdown of the graphics card due to hitting over-temperature or over-current protection mechanisms. These protection mechanisms are designed to ensure the safe operation of the graphics card. Using Furmark or other applications to disable these protection mechanisms can result in permanent damage to the graphics card and void the manufacturer's warranty."

Oh, I had no idea, thanks for the heads up, I just couldn't get 3Dmark to work without failing, and I wanted to gauge my GPU's performance to see if it was failing/falling behind others, so I ended up using it.