ARTIFACTING (but not in bios?! (want to fix

BOBWARPATH

So I just got a GTX 570 to match my other, but heres the kick... IT ONLY ARTIFACTS IN WINDOWS NOT THE BIOS!!!! Everybody else says opposite, so im confused. Tried in 3 computers, same result. Things to note: the artifacting one is msi,  other is nvidia. The whole screen isn't atifacted, its checkerboarded. Is it a driver issue?? Only had it for 20 mins, so if anybody knows how to fix, or how to ebay money back, tell me.

No one has ever said that a card will show artifacts in the BIOS but not in Windows. Due to how things are displayed in BIOS mode (via a dedicated VGA buffer located at 0xB8000), it's unlikely a card will show artifacts in that mode as that would be the framebuffer itself and not the memory chips where a fault is most likely to occur. I assume you have tested the MSi card on it's own with the latest driver installed? If that is the case, there is an issue with the card, and you should request your money back by contacting the seller on eBay.

59 minutes ago, jordancregan193 said:

No one has ever said that a card will show artifacts in the BIOS but not in Windows. Due to how things are displayed in BIOS mode (via a dedicated VGA buffer located at 0xB8000), it's unlikely a card will show artifacts in that mode as that would be the framebuffer itself and not the memory chips where a fault is most likely to occur. I assume you have tested the MSi card on it's own with the latest driver installed? If that is the case, there is an issue with the card, and you should request your money back by contacting the seller on eBay.

downloading its driver right now to test, I was using the founders driver, so we are going to see. It might be that, since in bios, there is no artifacting, I actually went through a couple pages to make sure, and sure enough its only  windows. Really hope its driver issue

1 hour ago, BOBWARPATH said:

downloading its driver right now to test, I was using the founders driver, so we are going to see. It might be that, since in bios, there is no artifacting, I actually went through a couple pages to make sure, and sure enough its only  windows. Really hope its driver issue

Ok said installing graphics driver, and now screen no signal, so hoping its still alive. Fans are still spinning...

Ok said installing graphics driver, and now screen no signal, so hoping its still alive. Fans are still spinning...

num lock no longer works, but the pc is still on....

1 minute ago, BOBWARPATH said:

num lock no longer works, but the pc is still on....

Probably a faulty card if it crashes when installing the driver.

58 minutes ago, jordancregan193 said:

Probably a faulty card if it crashes when installing the driver.

yeah gonna try reset real quick

yeah gonna try reset real quick

Weird, nvidia drivers terminates itself when installing drivers. How do you clear the CMOS of the card??

You don't. Graphics cards don't have a user-configurable BIOS. If you wanted to change settings, you'd flash a new BIOS.

1 hour ago, jordancregan193 said:

You don't. Graphics cards don't have a user-configurable BIOS. If you wanted to change settings, you'd flash a new BIOS.

darn. Its just so weird. Perfectly fine in bios, but as soon as it hits windows, shit hits the fan. Also I think crashed in middle of drivers corrupted it, now every time I try to install drivers, it terminates itself

darn. Its just so weird. Perfectly fine in bios, but as soon as it hits windows, shit hits the fan. Also I think crashed in middle of drivers corrupted it, now every time I try to install drivers, it terminates itself

yeah colored flashes is vram problem. Guess im gonna send it back...

You'd be better off getting a better single card instead of trying to SLI two 570's. Would be both faster and less power hungry.

59 minutes ago, jordancregan193 said:

You'd be better off getting a better single card instead of trying to SLI two 570's. Would be both faster and less power hungry.

actually the 570 is a gift for a friend's laptop upgrade, using external beast dock on his laptop. Im testing it in my pc to see if it works before I give it to him. Sadly though, it does not. Was gonna try sli later for youtube..

OK! The game has changed. The guy said I can keep it and refunded money saying guess its your potato now. SOOOOO, If anyone knows how to flash gpu bios or can help me resolve issue please help. Now I have a free 570 and I want to use it. Just have to fix artifacting. Once again doesn't do it in bios. Since nvidia has errors installing drivers on it, assume its a bios issue. PLEZ HLP

Asking if anybody knows how to fix artifacting Vram/ bios. Nvidia,MSI afterburner, GPU-Z, And msi afterburner can't see whats on the card. They see it's a gtx 570 msi ftozr III but cant tell ram nor clock, and wanting to know if there is a way to fix this. Plz help.

59 minutes ago, TrigrH said:

attempt to reflash the bios of the card, if that doesn't fix it, its probs dead.

I tried to, but it doesn't see the gpu. Thinking of trying the oven method

5 minutes ago, BOBWARPATH said:

I tried to, but it doesn't see the gpu. Thinking of trying the oven method

here's a good analogy for what the oven method does:

If you have a sheet of plywood that blows over in a storm, and you stand the sheet of plywood up, it'll stay standing until another storm comes along. If your GPU is dead, the oven is a temporary solution, and a bad one at that.

I WILL find your ITX build thread, and I WILL recommend the SIlverstone Sugo SG13B

Primary PC:

i7 8086k - EVGA Z370 Classified K - G.Skill Trident Z RGB - WD SN750 - Jedi Order Titan Xp - Hyper 212 Black (with RGB Riing flair) - EVGA G3 650W - dual booting Windows 10 and Linux - Black and green theme, Razer brainwashed me.

Draws 400 watts under max load, for reference.

How many watts do I needATX 3.0 & PCIe 5.0 spec, PSU misconceptions, protections explainedgroup reg is bad

1 hour ago, fasauceome said:

here's a good analogy for what the oven method does:

If you have a sheet of plywood that blows over in a storm, and you stand the sheet of plywood up, it'll stay standing until another storm comes along. If your GPU is dead, the oven is a temporary solution, and a bad one at that.

Well its a freebie from ebay that a seller refunded since he didn't know, so gpu giveth, gpu taketh away. Guess I got a free cooler??? Idk what it will fit actually...

59 minutes ago, BOBWARPATH said:

Well its a freebie from ebay that a seller refunded since he didn't know, so gpu giveth, gpu taketh away. Guess I got a free cooler??? Idk what it will fit actually...

guess I better look up a gpu cookbook and find an oven, and if that doesn't work, it will be my new Christmas tree star