HELP! NEW RYZEN BUILD!

Hey there I'm new here and I've been following Linus since his days at NCIX. He's actually one of the main influencers in the reason I want to be a content creator, tester, etc. I know this build isn't great but it's all I could afford. My family was poor growing up and today I support my fiances grandmother who has stage 2 cancer and grand father who has COPD. So please don't flame me for parts not being great... To me this is my dream computer and my entire savings is in this... After my dad died in my arms of a heart attack I couldn't buy nothing fancy like everyone but here we go. My specs are: 

AMD Ryzen 1700x I got it stabled @ 4.1Ghz. 

16GB Ballistix 2400 DDR4 Memory 16-16-16-53 OC to 2800mhz @ 22-22-22-43. 

900watt Silencer PSU from goodwill, hey it work's lol. 

A incomplete corsair carbide 400q cas. 

A nvme inland 128gb ssd, a old 10000rpm hdd i got from ebay its from 06 i think abd its 1TB. 

Then a GTX Asus Strix 970 4GB i bought from facebook market. 

Hyper 212 EVO. 

Gigabyte AX 350 Gaming 3 Mobo. 

All my parts are used and aren't great but I'm having trouble overclocking my ram and keeping my system stable. I got it up to 2800mhz with that timings i posted and voltage at 1.3675. But is that good, bad? Why does it crash if i try to increase to 3200mhz? What can I do to make this better? I cant afford a webcam or capture card yet but when I eventually can I'll start my tech channel and my gaming livestreams again. I really trust linus and his advice and i hope either one of his staff or himself will help me get my pc running better. I do hace windows 10 pro but its free version. Watermark and all. I can't afford windows right now and I don't believe in doing it illegally. I got a cinebench score of my cpu overclocked at 1769. And in heaven with my oc on my gpu i got average of 65.9 Please recomnend anything. Tell me what i should do. Apps to install. Etc. Thanks a lot guys! 

6 minutes ago, GAMERBRONX said:

Yeah i thought so. Are those timings good you think? 

I just saw this, those timings are whack.I would rather use 2400Mhz and tighten those timings.  There you will get performance improvement alto you won't notice it.  to get 400Mhz will do nothing for you my friend.  Latency is more important here.  Go back to 2400 and 16 cas latency.  good luck

Asus Sabertooth x79 / 4930k @ 4500 @ 1.408v / Gigabyte WF 2080 RTX / Corsair VG 64GB @ 1866 & AX1600i & H115i Pro @ 2x Noctua NF-A14 / Carbide 330r Blackout

Scarlett 2i2 Audio Interface / KRK Rokits 10" / Sennheiser HD 650 / Logitech G Pro Wireless Mouse & G915 Linear & G935 & C920 / SL 88 Grand / Cakewalk / NF-A14 Int P12 Ex
AOC 40" 4k Curved / LG 55" OLED C9 120hz / LaCie Porsche Design 2TB & 500GB / Samsung 950 Pro 500GB / 850 Pro 500GB / Crucial m4 500GB / Asus M.2 Card

So those are bad? Ehh i knew it. I just heard ryzen has better performance with higher ram speeds. 

2 minutes ago, GAMERBRONX said:

So those are bad? Ehh i knew it. I just heard ryzen has better performance with higher ram speeds. 

Ryzen has better performance when at higher speeds but you also need to keep the timings relatively low for it to help. It doesn't matter if the infinity fabric runs faster if your ram latency is high. You are basically decreasing one latency but increasing another. 2400 is probably the better option. Also I would make sure your motherboard bios is up to date as it can help with ram compatibility. All things considered it's a nice system you got especially for content creation. I would just make sure your aren't giving the cpu too much voltage to hit 4.1 and that you aren't going to overheat the gpu with that overclock on that cooler. 

8 minutes ago, GAMERBRONX said:

Ryzen has better performance with dual channel and even better performance with quad channel

On 12/19/2018 at 11:17 AM, GAMERBRONX said:

After my dad died in my arms of a heart attack

Damn, pretty serious thing to just drop into your very first post.

Also, make sure to use the quote button when responding

You can also highlight text with your cursor to quote it. Welcome to the forum.

I WILL find your ITX build thread, and I WILL recommend the SIlverstone Sugo SG13B

Primary PC:

i7 8086k - EVGA Z370 Classified K - G.Skill Trident Z RGB - WD SN750 - Jedi Order Titan Xp - Hyper 212 Black (with RGB Riing flair) - EVGA G3 650W - dual booting Windows 10 and Linux - Black and green theme, Razer brainwashed me.

Draws 400 watts under max load, for reference.

How many watts do I needATX 3.0 & PCIe 5.0 spec, PSU misconceptions, protections explainedgroup reg is bad

1 minute ago, immaguy1234 said:

Ryzen has better performance with dual channel and even better performance with quad channel

Which is nice and all, but good luck getting it on the 1700x. Dual channel is probably already achieved so frequency is gonna be a little more optimal to manage, tuning a good overclock frequency is ideal.

@GAMERBRONX see if you can get away with 2666MHz and some way lower timings.

I WILL find your ITX build thread, and I WILL recommend the SIlverstone Sugo SG13B

Primary PC:

i7 8086k - EVGA Z370 Classified K - G.Skill Trident Z RGB - WD SN750 - Jedi Order Titan Xp - Hyper 212 Black (with RGB Riing flair) - EVGA G3 650W - dual booting Windows 10 and Linux - Black and green theme, Razer brainwashed me.

How many watts do I needATX 3.0 & PCIe 5.0 spec, PSU misconceptions, protections explainedgroup reg is bad

5 minutes ago, fasauceome said:

Damn, pretty serious thing to just drop into your very first post.

Also, make sure to use the quote button when responding

image.png.cbb4327353800f35638ec1d091b138ee.png

You can also highlight text with your cursor to quote it. Welcome to the forum.

Dude nice rig.  I hope your overclocking the daylights out of it.  Im talking 4.8Ghz to 5Ghz stable...  Or else its a waiste.  My CPU scores higher in CPU Queen test with 8700k at stock speeds.  If you OC her then ya she would be faster .......... so ya think ahead if you plan to OC, which I highly recommend you do.   It is simple as well.

Also in this day in age its a cardinal sin to buy a internal hard drive.  You can buy a 2TB SSD from a-data for good price.  You can get a USB 3.0 external hard drive, but a internal one always spinning and making noise is no good.. man I gave away my drives a long time ago.  When you go SSD its pointless to stick a HDD in there and add to the noise..... sighs

Asus Sabertooth x79 / 4930k @ 4500 @ 1.408v / Gigabyte WF 2080 RTX / Corsair VG 64GB @ 1866 & AX1600i & H115i Pro @ 2x Noctua NF-A14 / Carbide 330r Blackout

Scarlett 2i2 Audio Interface / KRK Rokits 10" / Sennheiser HD 650 / Logitech G Pro Wireless Mouse & G915 Linear & G935 & C920 / SL 88 Grand / Cakewalk / NF-A14 Int P12 Ex
AOC 40" 4k Curved / LG 55" OLED C9 120hz / LaCie Porsche Design 2TB & 500GB / Samsung 950 Pro 500GB / 850 Pro 500GB / Crucial m4 500GB / Asus M.2 Card

Just now, Turtle Rig said:

Dude nice rig.  I hope your overclocking the daylights out of it.  Im talking 4.8Ghz to 5Ghz stable...  Or else its a waiste.  My CPU scores higher in CPU Queen test with 8700k at stock speeds.  If you OC her then ya she would be faster .......... so ya think ahead if you plan to OC, which I highly recommend you do.   It is simple as well.

Why quote me? Also, I don't see a Ryzen 7 1700x hitting 5GHz at any point on a Hyper 212 evo

Primary PC:

2 minutes ago, fasauceome said:

Why quote me? Also, I don't see a Ryzen 7 1700x hitting 5GHz at any point on a Hyper 212 evo

Open your case side door and I bet it will handle it. hehe but also room has to be cool as well.  Just FYI<  do you have 2 fans on it ,, push pull ,, ?  

3 minutes ago, Turtle Rig said:

do you have 2 fans on it ,, push pull ,, ?  

It's the ideal config, plus you can attach a nice RGB fan of your liking. I'm really glad the Hyper 212 comes with 2 fan brackets. @GAMERBRONX would you be able to save $12 or so for an RGB fan and increase your overclocks, or would you not be interested in something like that? I assure you it's worth it.

Primary PC:

Dude trust me you can OC with her good,, just lots of fan noise thats all.

UhhI put it all end the post because its now been 4 years and I've finally dealt with it and coped with the hardest burden anyone can endure imminently. I post stuff not for sympathy but to show in case someone is reading it is literally dealing with something similar and can see no mattet how hard things get ne et give up

I don't need rgb man. I was asking whay i needed to do internally. It stays cools. Got plenty of heat dissipation. Just needed advice on timings, cpu performance maximizion.