Gaming Rig, Top to Bottom

Hello all,

So at a crossroads. Currently have a Asus Zephyrus which I will be turning over to a new owner due to my distaste for it (battery life, cooling system, performance, keyboard, etc). Got a couple options for replacements I am looking at. (A) buying a similar (but significantly better) replacement laptop, presumably the Aero 15X; (B), waiting for CES and seeing if there is anything worth the sky high prices I am sure will abound with the RTX enabled laptops in a month; (C) getting a cheap laptop plus a decent small factor desktop. Using for coding, work, gaming, and school. Budget is roughly $2500-$3000 for everything (including peripherals). Goal is to game at 1440p max settings AAA titles, 60+ FPS. If you can acheive a system that can reliably meet those results for less than the available budget, I won't complain. Considering an Asus Vivobook, Acer Aspire 15 E, or Huwaei Matebook D as my laptop options to use in combination with a desktop (preference being the matebook). Can I get suggestions on what to do from the three listed options?

Note: For peripherals, I prefer Corsair Keyboard (K70 or K95) and Proteous Spectrum for mouse, but I will consider what is suggested. I prefer AMD to intel/nividia simply because I like to support open market competition and their products have been top notch recently. I am ok with buying used/refurbished parts if from a reliable seller, and am able to purchase immediately so if you notice something on Ebay or Amazon or wherever, feel free to throw that in.

If you didnt like the zephyrus you are not going to like the aero 15 any more. You have a decent laptop for the category you are looking at. Changing to another portable gaming laptop os going to give you the exact same issues you have now.

Either look at a more substantial/less portable laptop or get a desktop and laptop combo.