Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

future gaming rig

Go to solution Solved by Shahnewaz,

Looks alright.

Hello friends, so after days of researching and money saving, I am now ready to buy myself some components. Right now I have this GPU, it has been used by a tech guy and sold it to me with almost 110 euros.

I was planning to buy an used GPU, PSU & MOBO and use my old case, RAMs and HDD. (I was aiming at i5-4460). Anyway, after asking multiple people, they told me that I should go for the AMD's Ryzen & buy all the components, new. So I'm gonna do that but first I need some advices and opinions about my components that my friends picked for me. Take a look :)

CPU: https://www.amazon.com/AMD-Processor-Wraith-Stealth-Cooler/dp/B07B41WS48 (this instead of the Ryzen 3 2200G)

GPU: https://www.amazon.com/d/Computer-Graphics-Cards/EVGA-GeForce-GAMING-Support-03G-P4-6162-KR/B01KU2CIIY (gorgeous little card)

MOBO: https://www.amazon.com/GIGABYTE-B450M-DS3H-Ryzen-Motherboard/dp/B07FWVJSHC (matx because atx is not for me)

PSU: https://www.amazon.com/Seasonic-S12II-520-SS-520GB-Capacitor/dp/B00390P1NO (this instead of the 650w model)

RAMs: https://www.amazon.com/CORSAIR-Vengeance-2400MHz-PC4-19200-Memory/dp/B074MQX45D?th=1 (just 8GB for now (1x8-3000mhz)

HDD: https://www.amazon.com/Blue-Cache-Desktop-Drive-WD10EZEX/dp/B0088PUEPK (Sata 3 not 6)

CASE: https://www.thermaltake.com/Chassis/Micro_Case_/Versa/C_00003148/Versa_H18_/design.htm (the Tempered glass is not available in my country, Romania so I decided to go with this one, I like tiny things)

EDIT: I forgot to say, I'm not planning to OC anything, but in the future if I sell this card for a high price or even the same plus a difference from me, could I put a GTX 1070 on that mobo without problems?

So what do you guys think? I really want to know if it will be compatible all the components before I order them. Thank you! :)

Why not add a pcpartpicker list to make it really easy to read? It's a very useful tool as well to compare prices.

I WILL find your ITX build thread, and I WILL recommend the SIlverstone Sugo SG13B

Primary PC:

i7 8086k (won) - EVGA Z370 Classified K - G.Skill Trident Z RGB - WD SN750 - Jedi Order Titan Xp - Hyper 212 Black (with RGB Riing flair) - EVGA G3 650W - dual booting Windows 10 and Linux - Black and green theme, Razer brainwashed me.

Draws 400 watts under max load, for reference.

Linux Proliant ML150 G6:

Dual Xeon X5560 - 24GB ECC DDR3 - GTX 750 TI - old Seagate 1.5TB HDD - dark mode Ubuntu (and Win7, cuz why not)

How many watts do I need? Seasonic Focus thread, PSU misconceptions, protections explainedgroup reg is bad

5 minutes ago, Robert12 said:

could I put a GTX 1070 on that mobo without problems?

Yes

I WILL find your ITX build thread, and I WILL recommend the SIlverstone Sugo SG13B

Primary PC:

i7 8086k (won) - EVGA Z370 Classified K - G.Skill Trident Z RGB - WD SN750 - Jedi Order Titan Xp - Hyper 212 Black (with RGB Riing flair) - EVGA G3 650W - dual booting Windows 10 and Linux - Black and green theme, Razer brainwashed me.

Draws 400 watts under max load, for reference.

Linux Proliant ML150 G6:

Dual Xeon X5560 - 24GB ECC DDR3 - GTX 750 TI - old Seagate 1.5TB HDD - dark mode Ubuntu (and Win7, cuz why not)

How many watts do I need? Seasonic Focus thread, PSU misconceptions, protections explainedgroup reg is bad

Looks alright.

The problem is that this is an nVidia product and scoring any nVidia product a "zero" is also highly predictive of the number of nVidia products the reviewer will receive for review in the future.

On 2015-01-28 at 5:24 PM, Victorious Secret said:

Only yours, you don't shitpost on the same level that we can, mainly because this thread is finally dead and should be locked.

On 2016-06-07 at 11:25 PM, patrickjp93 said:

I wasn't wrong. It's extremely rare that I am. I provided sources as well. Different devs can disagree. Further, we now have confirmed discrepancy from Twitter about he use of the pre-release 1080 driver in AMD's demo despite the release 1080 driver having been out a week prior.

On 2016-09-10 at 4:32 PM, Hikaru12 said:

You apparently haven't seen his responses to questions on YouTube. He is very condescending and aggressive in his comments with which there is little justification. He acts totally different in his videos. I don't necessarily care for this content style and there is nothing really unique about him or his channel. His endless dick jokes and toilet humor are annoying as well.

Get an i3 8100 if you're getting a GPU already.

Personal Desktop":

CPU: Intel Core i7 8700 @4.45ghz |~| Cooling: Cooler Master Hyper 212X |~| MOBO: Gigabyte Z370M D3H mATX|~| RAM: 16gb DDR4 3333mhzCL16 G.Skill Trident Z |~| GPU: nVidia Founders Edition GTX 1080 Ti |~| PSU: Corsair TX650M 80Plus Gold |~| Boot:  SSD WD Green M.2 2280 240GB |~| Storage: 1x3TB HDD 7200rpm Seagate Barracuda + SanDisk Ultra 3D 1TB |~| Case: Fractal Design Meshify C Mini |~| Display: Toshiba UL7A 4K/60hz |~| OS: Windows 10 Pro.

Luna, the temporary Desktop:

CPU: Intel Core i7 10700KF @ 5.0Ghz (5.1Ghz 4-core) |~| Cooling: bq! Dark Rock 4 Pro |~| MOBO: Gigabyte Z490 UD |~| RAM: 32G Kingston HyperX @ 2666Mhz CL13 |~| GPU: AMD Radeon RX 6800 (Reference) |~| PSU: Corsair HX1000 80+ Platinum |~| Windows Boot Drive: 2x 512GB (1TB total) Plextor SATA SSD (RAID0 volume) |~| Linux Boot Drive: 500GB Kingston A2000 |~| Storage: 4TB WD Black HDD |~| Case: Cooler Master Silencio S600 |~| Display 1 (leftmost): Eizo (unknown model) 1920x1080 IPS @ 60Hz|~| Display 2 (center): BenQ ZOWIE XL2540 1920x1080 TN @ 240Hz |~| Display 3 (rightmost): Wacom Cintiq Pro 24 3840x2160 IPS @ 60Hz 10-bit |~| OS: Windows 10 Pro (games / art) + Linux (distro: NixOS; programming and daily driver)

5 minutes ago, fasauceome said:

Why not add a pcpartpicker list to make it really easy to read? It's a very useful tool as well to compare prices.

I already did that but it is more safe to ask a real person :) Thanks.

4 minutes ago, fasauceome said:

Yes

Sweet! If I can get a GIGABYTE-tiny card, that would be awesome (far future, maybe the price will drop)

2 minutes ago, Shahnewaz said:

Looks alright.

Thanks a lot :)

1 minute ago, Princess Cadence said:

Get an i3 8100 if you're getting a GPU already.

That would mean to start over again, chose a mobo, ram. plus that Ryzen is more stronger than i3.

1 minute ago, Robert12 said:

plus that Ryzen is more stronger than i3.

Incorrect, the only reason you should go for the 2200G the way I see it is when you can't even afford a GPU, you already got a 1060 so get a CPU good enough to play all the latest games.

Personal Desktop":

CPU: Intel Core i7 8700 @4.45ghz |~| Cooling: Cooler Master Hyper 212X |~| MOBO: Gigabyte Z370M D3H mATX|~| RAM: 16gb DDR4 3333mhzCL16 G.Skill Trident Z |~| GPU: nVidia Founders Edition GTX 1080 Ti |~| PSU: Corsair TX650M 80Plus Gold |~| Boot:  SSD WD Green M.2 2280 240GB |~| Storage: 1x3TB HDD 7200rpm Seagate Barracuda + SanDisk Ultra 3D 1TB |~| Case: Fractal Design Meshify C Mini |~| Display: Toshiba UL7A 4K/60hz |~| OS: Windows 10 Pro.

Luna, the temporary Desktop:

CPU: Intel Core i7 10700KF @ 5.0Ghz (5.1Ghz 4-core) |~| Cooling: bq! Dark Rock 4 Pro |~| MOBO: Gigabyte Z490 UD |~| RAM: 32G Kingston HyperX @ 2666Mhz CL13 |~| GPU: AMD Radeon RX 6800 (Reference) |~| PSU: Corsair HX1000 80+ Platinum |~| Windows Boot Drive: 2x 512GB (1TB total) Plextor SATA SSD (RAID0 volume) |~| Linux Boot Drive: 500GB Kingston A2000 |~| Storage: 4TB WD Black HDD |~| Case: Cooler Master Silencio S600 |~| Display 1 (leftmost): Eizo (unknown model) 1920x1080 IPS @ 60Hz|~| Display 2 (center): BenQ ZOWIE XL2540 1920x1080 TN @ 240Hz |~| Display 3 (rightmost): Wacom Cintiq Pro 24 3840x2160 IPS @ 60Hz 10-bit |~| OS: Windows 10 Pro (games / art) + Linux (distro: NixOS; programming and daily driver)

Stick with Ryzen. The platform is overclock-able and has a far longer use-able life. And cheaper too.

The problem is that this is an nVidia product and scoring any nVidia product a "zero" is also highly predictive of the number of nVidia products the reviewer will receive for review in the future.

Only yours, you don't shitpost on the same level that we can, mainly because this thread is finally dead and should be locked.

I wasn't wrong. It's extremely rare that I am. I provided sources as well. Different devs can disagree. Further, we now have confirmed discrepancy from Twitter about he use of the pre-release 1080 driver in AMD's demo despite the release 1080 driver having been out a week prior.

You apparently haven't seen his responses to questions on YouTube. He is very condescending and aggressive in his comments with which there is little justification. He acts totally different in his videos. I don't necessarily care for this content style and there is nothing really unique about him or his channel. His endless dick jokes and toilet humor are annoying as well.

✧・゚: *✧・゚:*  Quote for a reply  *:・゚✧*:・゚✧

✧・゚: *✧・゚:*   Ask for discord   *:・゚✧*:・゚✧

7 minutes ago, Princess Cadence said:

Incorrect, the only reason you should go for the 2200G the way I see it is when you can't even afford a GPU, you already got a 1060 so get a CPU good enough to play all the latest games.

Well, I already said that I choosed the 2600 over the 2200G, so no Intel for me :) Thanks. Plus that combo will be overkill for my 720p monitor and a GTX 1070.

4 minutes ago, Shahnewaz said:

Stick with Ryzen. The platform is overclock-able and has a far longer use-able life. And cheaper too.

Yeah I'm not really interested in OC-things, that's why I choosed the model without X, because it consumes less. :)

EDIT: Thanks iLostMyXbox ? but that's my case. https://pcpartpicker.com/product/vbkj4D/thermaltake-versa-h18-microatx-mini-tower-case-ca-1j4-00s1wn-00

Just now, Robert12 said:

Yeah I'm not really interested in OC-things, that's why I choosed the model without X, because it consumes less. :)

Maybe not now, but later. With Ryzen you have the option. Your motherboard supports overclocking out of the box.

FYI all Ryzen CPUs are unlocked.

Yeah even the ''locked'' 200GE in now overclockable on asus, msi and gigabyte mobos, making it an absolute pentium g4560 killer, even performs on par with last gen's i3-7100 when overclocked.

3 minutes ago, Shahnewaz said:

Maybe not now, but later. With Ryzen you have the option. Your motherboard supports overclocking out of the box.

FYI all Ryzen CPUs are unlocked.

Yeah, I saw it now. But really I can't see myself in the future doing that without frying my things :) I'll stick with light gaming (SkyrimSE, MOWAS2, HOI4, RO2, Battlefield 3)

Just now, Overbuilder said:

Yeah even the ''locked'' 200GE in now overclockable on asus, msi and gigabyte mobos, making it an absolute pentium g4560 killer, even performs on par with last gen's i3-7100 when overclocked.

The 2200G is almost 90 euros reduced on that website compared to the 2600 which is 170 euros but huge performance, I'm sticking with that. Not planning to upgrade anything except for a GTX 1070.

Thank you all guys, made my night better :) 

3 minutes ago, Robert12 said:

Yeah, I saw it now. But really I can't see myself in the future doing that without frying my things :) I'll stick with light gaming (SkyrimSE, MOWAS2, HOI4, RO2, Battlefield 3)

You have to TRY to actually fry things if you're overclocking. Modern motherboards just won't let you POST with absurd numbers.

Someone spooked you about overclocking recently? I've done mine from scratch, as a complete noob, without frying anything.

EDIT: And that is my first and only PC I've built to date.

Edited by Shahnewaz

Just now, Shahnewaz said:

You have to TRY to actually fry things if you're overclocking. Modern motherboards just won't let you POST with absurd numbers.

Someone spooked you about overclocking recently?

Tbh yeah, that made me avoid such things. It's even complicated for me, right now I learned that you can OC your RAMS, GPU, Monitor, hell (excuse my language) in the future you could OC your PSU.

I don't really like big PC's with RGB and led's, water-cooling, loud, multiple coolers. I just want a tiny-beast, so I could put up on my desk next to my 21'' monitor and casually play my favorite games :)

Just now, Robert12 said:

Tbh yeah, that made me avoid such things. It's even complicated for me, right now I learned that you can OC your RAMS, GPU, Monitor, hell (excuse my language) in the future you could OC your PSU.

I did everything except PSU. ?

It's a lot of reading. You'll be more frustrated than scared, since you'll be dealing with random frequent bluescreens, black screens, system freeze and restarts while you're fine tuning your OC to a stable state. Once you're there, the improvements speak for themselves. And you'd be happy you accomplished something amazing. ?

5 minutes ago, Shahnewaz said:

I did everything except PSU. ?

It's a lot of reading. You'll be more frustrated than scared, since you'll be dealing with random frequent bluescreens, black screens, system freeze and restarts while you're fine tuning your OC to a stable state. Once you're there, the improvements speak for themselves. And you'd be happy you accomplished something amazing. ?

Oho, I would be more happy when I will assemble that puppy with my bare hands :x