High Tech Russian Robot ( Not )

Muffin_man17

The "robot" was OBVIOUSLY a guy in a suit. Robots don't have those tiny little movements that humans have. They don't have the same number of degrees of freedom in their joints. Just watching the thing it's OBVIOUS that it's a person.

As for russia, I will say this.

The USSR developed some of the, if not the best rocket engines of all time. Hell, the US is STILL using a russian design engine on their most recent launch vehicles.

When there was a storage factory found with like 40 of the left over rocket engines from the space race, the US swooped in and bought every single one of them.  

16 hours ago, Delicieuxz said:

So, that list of comprehensively false points makes the point that the claim "Russia is well known for overstating their level of technological advancement" is false, without there being found any examples to back it up. Your given list doesn't answer the question because it is filled with extremely inaccurate claims, and seems to be misdirection.

The MiG-25 entered service in 1970 and was designed to counter the US' planned B-70 Valkyrie bomber that never ended up entering service. The MiG-25 wasn't touted to be anything against the SR-71 Blackbird.

I don't find a single reference of the MiG-25 being touted as a "Blackbird killer", only a "bomber-killer", in reference to the B-70 Valkyrie which the MiG-25 was designed to counter.

The MiG-25 can fly at mach 3.2 before experiencing engine failure. The B-70 Valkyrie flies up to mach 3.0. So, the Soviet MiG-25 did do what it was advertised to. The SR-71 Blackbird flies up to mach 6.0 and the MiG-25 is clearly not able to match its speed.

T-80 tank entered service in 1976 and was touted to be the most defended tank in the world at the time. And maybe it was. The US Abrams tank entered service in 1980.

The T-80 was vulnerable to RPG fire. But, I assume that's a vulnerability that was discovered during the war in Afghanistan in the 1980s, and not one the USSR knew about while designing those tanks. Either way, what about the T-80 is an example of the USSR lying about the T-80?

Calling a discovered defect during the field-usage of a tank that was very possibly unrivalled when it released an example of a lie is itself a logic-defying lie.

The T-14 Armata isn't even in service yet. Calling an inarguably-advanced tank that is still in prototype and testing stages an example of something overhyped without reference to any of its technology or field performance is baseless.

Also, I found just one example of a T-14 tank's engine failing during a demonstration. So, I'm curious what you're basing your comment, "The engines break down nearly every time they try to show one off", on.

With no indication as to which year you're talking about Russia as saying their aircraft carrier fleet was growing, it's difficult to respond to this. However, it appears that you're referring to the USSR and not Russia.

However, the USSR had 8 aircraft carriers, 7 of which were decommissioned in the 1990s, and one more that was in construction but which the construction of was cancelled when the USSR dissolved in 1991. So, where's the lie?

Russia currently has one aircraft carrier in service and was set to have another two, the Mistrals, but the sale of them from France was cancelled after the events surrounding the US-sponsored 2014 coup in Kiev and Crimea's accession to Russia.

So, it's looking as though your statement of "Russia is well known for overstating their level of technological advancement" was a lie, or something that you might have overheard a or some chest-thumping nationalist propagandists mention, as it appears to be a comprehensively false statement due to the lack of any accurate information substantiating it.

Further, if you want examples of overhyped military tech, then look no further than  the US' arsenal, notably the overhyped disaster of the US' F-35, and the ridiculously unreliable Patriot Missile system - which, by the way, isn't even half as capable as Russia's current most-advanced mobile anti-air / anti-missile system:

The US' Patriot Missile system:

Detection rage - 180 km 
Interception range - 130 km 
Minimum range - 10 km 
Max speed - 7,920 km /h 
Deployment time - 25 minutes

Estimated stealth-detection capability - modest

Russia's S-400 system:

Detection rage - 600 km 
Interception range - 400 km 
Minimum range - 2 km 
Max speed - 17,180 km /h 
Deployment time - 5 minutes

Estimated stealth-detection capability - extensive

Russia is around 2 generations of missile and anti-missile technology ahead of the US, and has its next-gen S-500 system due to be released in 2020, while the US doesn't even have something comparable to Russia's current-gen missile technology.

And don't forget Russia's hypersonic missiles that the US government keeps saying they have no defence against, which can't be compared to the US' non-existent hypersonic missiles:

China and Russia are pursuing hypersonic weapons — and the US can't defend against them
The US can't defend against Russia's newest cruise missiles — so it may have to try offense instead

‘No existing countermeasures’ to Russian hypersonic weapons, US govt. report admits

So, whose military technology is overhyped?

I see one person came up with that term in 2016, and the unused term has nothing to do with what you're talking about here. And it is a propaganda term, itself.

There's a term that means the same thing as "Firehose of Falsehood" that I use to describe a basic and cornerstone Western government and MSM propaganda tactic: Hit-and-run propaganda.

It's when Western governments and MSM (typically the US and UK) aim to overwhelm audiences' senses with false stories and accusations about Russia (or another subject) knowing that the stories and claims are false, so as to not give audiences the time to mentally sift through and fact-check any of it, and that by the time the false accusations become debunked (as they just about invariably do) Western governments and MSM don't acknowledge it but just carry on with their 10 next false stories that they've already started pushing into circulation and repetition.

I call it Hit-And-Run propaganda because that's what it is. It is the same thing as what this "Firehose of Falsehood" term means to refer to. Except, the "Firehose of Falsehood" term appears to also be an instance of 'accuse others of what you're doing, yourself' propaganda.

Woah, let's not get too off-topic now, this post is simply about Russia displaying a dude in a suit and Russia Television network running with the story. If my original comment is triggering you that bad then I can change it but in the end it's still a dude in a robot suit. PS. I posted this story when I was at work and just quickly typed some stuff in, was not intended to offend anyone.