Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Drone recommendations?

SnowCells

I am a beginner to flying drones, but I know the basics of flying them. The only problem is the drones that I've flown are those crappy ones from Toys R Us (RIP) that flew for 5 mins with a 144p camera. I would like to get a decent  one that I can fly over 400m, with at least a 1080p camera (With a license of course). So far the cheapest option that doesn't look like sh*t is the DJI Spark controller combo for $350

I recommend you read the laws for your city, county and state/province before you buy a drone.

There have been some very serious incidences involving drones.

Drones can be very dangerous, because if an out of control drone comes falling down it can slice people open very badly, or hurt children even worse. Plus there is always a privacy concern with society. Cities have banned them, and you require a license to operate one. It is becoming like having a pilots license in terms of the paper work just to fly for an aerial view for a home sale picture. The fines for breaking such laws are big. Knowledge is power, knowledge is your friend so embrace it.

I do believe Linus and his team broke laws when they flew their drones for a video.

Aside from that, going the cheapest price possible is not the way to go about buying a toy like a drone.

2 hours ago, SnowCells said:

I am a beginner to flying drones, but I know the basics of flying them. The only problem is the drones that I've flown are those crappy ones from Toys R Us (RIP) that flew for 5 mins with a 144p camera. I would like to get a decent  one that I can fly over 400m, with at least a 1080p camera (With a license of course). So far the cheapest option that doesn't look like sh*t is the DJI Spark controller combo for $350

If I had to recommend one to start with, I'd say get the DJI Mavic Pro Platinum, or the Mavic 2 Pro.

The form factor is small enough to make it convenient enough to travel with, the camera will provide decent imagery for whatever your purpose, and it's intelligent enough to be easy to fly and operate.