Which is better for Blender? 2080TI or two 1080TI SLI

Gleb K
Go to solution Solved by airdeano,

the SLI 1080ti will out produce the single 2080ti in blender.

the SLI offers more computational cores and with core speed as well.

The title says it all :).

i7 8700K CPU | Gigabyte 1080 TI Turbo Graphics Card | Asus Z370-A Motherboard | 2 x 16GB Vengeance LPX Memory |  Samsung 1TB 970 Pro SSD | WD Red 6TB & WD Green 3TB HDDs | Be Quiet! Dark Base Pro 900 rev.2 Case | EK Monoblock + Bykski Graphics card Waterblocks EK 420 PE + 420 CE Radiators | 6 EK Furious Vardar EVO 140 BB Fans |  Enermax Neochanger 200ml Reservoir & pump

Blender apparently doesn't support RTX cards yet. Unless it's recently been updated, I've not checked for a while.

System Specs:

CPU: Ryzen 7 5800X

GPU: Radeon RX 7900 XT 

RAM: 32GB 3600MHz

HDD: 1TB Sabrent NVMe -  WD 1TB Black - WD 2TB Green -  WD 4TB Blue

MB: Gigabyte  B550 Gaming X- RGB Disabled

PSU: Corsair RM850x 80 Plus Gold

Case: BeQuiet! Silent Base 801 Black

Cooler: Noctua NH-DH15

the SLI 1080ti will out produce the single 2080ti in blender.

the SLI offers more computational cores and with core speed as well.

I agree with @airdeano , outside of raytracing the performance difference between a 1080ti and a 2080ti isn't large enough to outperform an SLI setup.

May I ask what you use blender for? If you're considering this sort of investment in hardware for blender you must use it professionally, and that's fairly rare to come by... I always love seeing people use foss for their work.

Don't ask to ask, just ask... please 🤨

sudo chmod -R 000 /*

16 minutes ago, Sauron said:

I agree with @airdeano , outside of raytracing the performance difference between a 1080ti and a 2080ti isn't large enough to outperform an SLI setup.

May I ask what you use blender for? If you're considering this sort of investment in hardware for blender you must use it professionally, and that's fairly rare to come by... I always love seeing people use foss for their work.

I'm not actually going to buy them xD. I was just wondering which is better as they both come out at basically the same price.

If you really want to know I make 3D objects for Unity and occasionally render scenes but for me a 1080TI that I currently have is enough :) .

i7 8700K CPU | Gigabyte 1080 TI Turbo Graphics Card | Asus Z370-A Motherboard | 2 x 16GB Vengeance LPX Memory |  Samsung 1TB 970 Pro SSD | WD Red 6TB & WD Green 3TB HDDs | Be Quiet! Dark Base Pro 900 rev.2 Case | EK Monoblock + Bykski Graphics card Waterblocks EK 420 PE + 420 CE Radiators | 6 EK Furious Vardar EVO 140 BB Fans |  Enermax Neochanger 200ml Reservoir & pump