guide on upgrading/building new system

eleventory
Go to solution Solved by LukeSavenije,

my current build is over 1 years old and listed parts are below, I'm planning to use it for streaming games like fortnite, currently i get fps drop and some lag when streaming fortntie with obs, i don't know it is my cpu or graphic card that cause performance issue . 

asus b250m-1

gskill 2*4 gb 2400mhz

gigabyte rx 460 4gb

core i3 7100

hdd seagate 2tb

my question is can i upgrade my current build system or it is better to build a new one 

YES you can upgrade but i think it's better to just build a completely new tower give me a budget imma try to spec one out for you

ASTRAY NOIR

CPU

Ryzen 5 3600

Cooler

Corsair H100I PRO

RAM

PNY XLR-8 EPIC-X DDR4-3200 CL16 32GB

GPU

ASUS ROG RTX 2070

STORAGE

SAMSUNG 850 EVO, 2xSEAGATE BARRACUDA PRO 1TB,A2000 1TB

Case

NZXT H500 

PSU

Enermax Revolution DF 650W

MONITOR

MSI MAG272,LG 22MP68BQ,DELL D2015H

PERIPHIRALS

Ducky One 2 (HORIZON) || Glorious Model O- Pink || G305 || Razer Nari Essential || HyperX Cloud II

Definitely your CPU. i3's aren't really meant for multithreaded tasks like gaming and streaming together. You can upgrade an an i7-6700/7700 and that should give you a considerable performance boost. If you want to go for a new build, some kind of Ryzen system would do you good.

My Build, v2.1 --- CPU: i7-8700K @ 5.2GHz/1.288v || MoBo: Asus ROG STRIX Z390-E Gaming || RAM: 4x4GB G.SKILL Ripjaws 4 2666 14-14-14-33 || Cooler: Custom Loop || GPU: EVGA GTX 1080 Ti SC Black, on water || PSU: EVGA G2 850W || Case: Corsair 450D || SSD: 850 Evo 250GB, Intel 660p 2TB || Storage: WD Blue 2TB || G502 & Glorious PCGR Fully Custom 80% Keyboard || MX34VQ, PG278Q, PB278Q

Audio --- Headphones: Massdrop x Sennheiser HD 6XX || Amp: Schiit Audio Magni 3 || DAC: Schiit Audio Modi 3 || Mic: Blue Yeti

[Under Construction]

My Truck --- 2002 F-350 7.3 Powerstroke || 6-speed

My Car --- 2006 Mustang GT || 5-speed || BBK LTs, O/R X, MBRP Cat-back || BBK Lowering Springs, LCAs || 2007 GT500 wheels w/ 245s/285s

The Experiment --- CPU: i5-3570K @ 4.0 GHz || MoBo: Asus P8Z77-V LK || RAM: 16GB Corsair 1600 4x4 || Cooler: CM Hyper 212 Evo || GPUs: Asus GTX 750 Ti, || PSU: Corsair TX750M Gold || Case: Thermaltake Core G21 TG || SSD: 840 Pro 128GB || HDD: Seagate Barracuda 2TB

R.I.P. Asus X99-A motherboard, April 2016 - October 2018, may you rest in peace. 5820K, if I ever buy you a new board, it'll be a good one.

12 hours ago, eleventory said:

my budget is around $1000 from building a new pc 

@LukeSavenije@truecrafting

Imma try to make you a ryzen pc w8 for a sec

Nvm i wss beaten

ASTRAY NOIR

CPU

Ryzen 5 3600

Cooler

Corsair H100I PRO

RAM

PNY XLR-8 EPIC-X DDR4-3200 CL16 32GB

GPU

ASUS ROG RTX 2070

STORAGE

SAMSUNG 850 EVO, 2xSEAGATE BARRACUDA PRO 1TB,A2000 1TB

Case

NZXT H500 

PSU

Enermax Revolution DF 650W

MONITOR

MSI MAG272,LG 22MP68BQ,DELL D2015H

PERIPHIRALS

Ducky One 2 (HORIZON) || Glorious Model O- Pink || G305 || Razer Nari Essential || HyperX Cloud II

11 hours ago, truecrafting said:

Imma try to make you a ryzen pc w8 for a sec

Nvm i wss beaten

thank you, i appreciate it

• 4 weeks later...
On 12/23/2018 at 2:45 PM, LukeSavenije said:

since I'm limited to local retailers due to living in iran the ASRock motherboard you mentioned is not available here, i found these two alternatives asus rog strix b450 and asus rog strix x470, are these any good and which one do you suggest ?

5 hours ago, eleventory said:

since I'm limited to local retailers due to living in iran the ASRock motherboard you mentioned is not available here, i found these two alternatives asus rog strix b450 and asus rog strix x470, are these any good and which one do you suggest ?

they are good, but a bit high in pricing... is the b450 tomahawk available?

On 1/20/2019 at 2:57 PM, LukeSavenije said:

they are good, but a bit high in pricing... is the b450 tomahawk available?

nope not available around , only rog, tuf and prime series, and also how much a ryzen 7 1700  makes difference in performance vs ryzen 5 2600 ?

2 minutes ago, eleventory said:

nope not available around , only rog, tuf and prime series, and also how much a ryzen 7 1700  makes difference in performance vs ryzen 5 2600 ?

and those are crap...

have my general amd recommendation list

for gaming a 2600 would make more sense, as the per core performance is higher

20 minutes ago, LukeSavenije said:

and those are crap...

have my general amd recommendation list

for gaming a 2600 would make more sense, as the per core performance is higher

thanks for the list, I forgot to mention in first place, in addition to streaming games, can i record them at the same time while streaming

1 minute ago, eleventory said:

thanks for the list, I forgot to mention in first place, in addition to streaming games, can i record them at the same time while streaming

that will be hard... but i'm not that into streaming. I would just play around a bit with your bitrate and everything and see where you can find the right balance

15 hours ago, LukeSavenije said:

that will be hard... but i'm not that into streaming. I would just play around a bit with your bitrate and everything and see where you can find the right balance

good thing to know, so to achieve this I only need to consider getting a better cpu or this is something that relates to ram and graphic

4 hours ago, eleventory said:

good thing to know, so to achieve this I only need to consider getting a better cpu or this is something that relates to ram and graphic

it relates to everything. you can stream from a gpu, or from a cpu, but i have no idea how good it will do when you record AND stream at the same time.

• 10 months later...

hi, I know this thread is quite old. I'm going to buy the system build you recommended, since now there are new ryzens, do you recommend me to buy the new ryzen 5 3600 instead of ryzen 5 2600 and also are there any better option in the build parts since new components released and price changes

@LukeSavenije

Depends on the price and your budget. The 3600 is definitely better than 2600, but i wouldn't pay double for it.

41 minutes ago, eleventory said:

hi, I know this thread is quite old

yet I'm still here, somehow

have something more updated