Nvidia G-Sync Review

I was chosen to be one of the winners to receive the Nvidia G-Sync module. So in a few day's or so I will be giving my full review of this tech. The reason I'm posting this now is I finally got it installed in my monitor (VG248QE) and also recorded it, I will post a link down below. I still have quite a few games and movies to go threw to give my full and extensive review of this so it's going to take a little time. I'm also inviting friends over to try this out and I was thinking I should record there reaction to it and have their opinion aswell in the review.

This is a rough draft video, I'm going to re-edit this and record some new footage to add to the end of the video. Remember this video isn't finished.

I was going to re-edit the last video but the people that watched it said they liked it so I'm just going to leave it alone.

Here is a comparison video I tried to make. It was recorded with a Fuji camera and it really doesn't look that good but my friend and I tried last night to get the best picture possible. Also it was said that you can't capture this by filming it or recording it with shadowplay and yeah, it can not be done properly. I might have been able to do better if I had a real good video camera but I don't know anyone that has one. 

Metal Version http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IQmAaI2MydU < This one is kind messed up, I watched the first few seconds of it not noticing that I doubled the music track so I made another one.

Punk Rock Version http://youtu.be/ZK08mHodW-E< this one is ok and has punk rock for the music. It's my old band called The Neutrals and I'm playing the drums.

Also I would like to Thank Linus for choosing me to be one of the winners to try this new tech out.

I also would like to Thank Nvidia for sending the module out to me and inventing this new tech

and also I would like to Thank Jamey Daugherty for the camera work.

My written review of G-Sync is in the attached file in this post right below. Just click on it and open it up in WordPad or what ever program you use.

Oh yeah, I wrote all this in WordPad and I don't have a spell checker, so if there are any misspelled words don't go to rough on me, I'm aware that I didn't spell everything right.   

G-sync Review.rtf

Proc: Intel Core i9 9900K 5GHz OC MoBo: ASUS Maximus XI Formula Z390 Ram: Corsair Dominator Platinum 3200MHz 32GB  Vidcard: ASUS RTX 2080 ROG STRIX OC Sound: Creative Sound Blaster AE-5 SSD: Samsung 970 EVO 240GB  HDD: 4X WD Black 2TB PSU: Corsair HX 850i Case: Corsiar 760T Black Monitor: ASUS PG278QE 165Hz 1ms  Peripheral: Razer Huntsman Elite - Deathadder V2 - Sabertooth Controller

Holy crap can I please has?

Hope I could help!

Specs: CPU: AMD FX-8320 @4.0ghz GPU: ASUS DCUII GTX 770 PSU: EVGA Supernova 750g CASE: Fractal Define R4 RAM: 8 Gigabytes ADATA 1333 Mhz MOBO: GIGABYTE GA-990FXA-UD3

Congrats on the kit. Hope you enjoy and further inform us on this.

Andres "Bluejay" Alejandro Montefusco - The Forums Favorite Bird!!!

Top Clock: 7.889 Ghz Cooled by: Liquid Helium   

#ChocolateRAM #OatmealFans #ScratchItHarder #WorstcardBestoverclocker #CrazySexStories #SchnitzelQuest TS3 SERVER

Congrats on the kit. Hope you enjoy and further inform us on this.

I sure will and thank you. I'm currently playing Star Wars the old Republic MMO and damn it's smooth. I've been at it all last night playing different games and also this morning. I'm going to take a break after this and watch a blu-ray to see if that looks as good as gaming does.

Proc: Intel Core i9 9900K 5GHz OC MoBo: ASUS Maximus XI Formula Z390 Ram: Corsair Dominator Platinum 3200MHz 32GB  Vidcard: ASUS RTX 2080 ROG STRIX OC Sound: Creative Sound Blaster AE-5 SSD: Samsung 970 EVO 240GB  HDD: 4X WD Black 2TB PSU: Corsair HX 850i Case: Corsiar 760T Black Monitor: ASUS PG278QE 165Hz 1ms  Peripheral: Razer Huntsman Elite - Deathadder V2 - Sabertooth Controller

I sure will and thank you. I'm currently playing Star Wars the old Republic MMO and damn it's smooth. I've been at it all last night playing different games and also this morning. I'm going to take a break after this and watch a blu-ray to see if that looks as good as gaming does.

input lag no longer an issue? or atleast less noticeable?

I think Nvidia should start placing kiosks around popular places where people can try this out, similar to what they did with shield.

Delltopia

Case & Mobo: Stock Dell Optiplex 7010, CPU: i5 3470, RAM: 16gb 1333 DDR3 (1x8gb Corsair Vengence, 2x4gb Random), GPU: Diamond Radeon HD 7970,

PSU: EVGA GQ 650W, SSD: Kingston v300 128gb (OS), HDD: 700gb Seagate 7200rpm (Storage)

dont know if you tested it but how much more FPS do you get?

dont know if you tested it but how much more FPS do you get?

You dont get more FPS it just makes the FPS you output smoother at lower FPS (when you dip)

PC SYSTEM: Fractal Design Arc Midi R2 / i5 2500k @ 4.2ghz / CM Hyper 212 EVO / Gigabyte 670 OC SLI / MSI P67A-GD53 B3 / Kingston HyperX Blue 8Gb / 

WD 2tb Storage Drive / BenQ GW2750HM - ASUS VE248H - Panasonic TX-P42ST60BCorsair AX750 / Logitech K360 / Razer Naga / Plantronics Gamecom 380 /

Asus Xonar DGX / Samsung 830 256gb / MEDIA eMachine ER1401 running OpenELEC XBMC with Seagate STBV3000200 3TB Hard Drive - Panasonic TX-P42ST60B

input lag no longer an issue? or atleast less noticeable?

No it's fast and super responsive. In the video I was playing Call of Duty ghost and before i installed the G-Sync mod the game was almost unplayable, but when the game came out it played awesome and smooth but then they add the PhysX and dog fur and the game was hard to play at maxed settings. but now that I have the G-Sync installed I can play the game maxed out again and I enjoy playing it again. Last night while playing Ghost I jumped online and the first match I played was Team Deathmatch and I went 28 - 10. I haven't done that in a while.

I think Nvidia should start placing kiosks around popular places where people can try this out, similar to what they did with shield.

I was thinking about taking my monitor to the local Microcenter and set it up and let people try it out.

You dont get more FPS it just makes the FPS you output smoother at lower FPS (when you dip)

alright thanks, so it illuminates things like stuttering right

alright thanks, so it illuminates things like stuttering right

Yep it kills lag,stutter, and tearing.

RTX2070OC 

Thanks for the video!

Modding that monitor is a little bit harder than I expected. I neither like that you lose HDMI and DVI nor do I like that you have to use an external power brick to run that thing but I'll get that kit if Nvidia releases it

144Hz goodness

cool !

If your grave doesn't say "rest in peace" on it You are automatically drafted into the skeleton war.

No it's fast and super responsive. In the video I was playing Call of Duty ghost and before i installed the G-Sync mod the game was almost unplayable, but when the game came out it played awesome and smooth but then they add the PhysX and dog fur and the game was hard to play at maxed settings. but now that I have the G-Sync installed I can play the game maxed out again and I enjoy playing it again. Last night while playing Ghost I jumped online and the first match I played was Team Deathmatch and I went 28 - 10. I haven't done that in a while.

Is there still microstutter in Cod Ghosts? Because I know that game stutters anything and everything be it single or dual GPU card haha

THE BEAST Motherboard: MSI B350 Tomahawk   CPU: AMD Ryzen 7 1700   GPU: Sapphire R9 290 Tri-X OC  RAM: 16GB G.Skill FlareX DDR4   

PSU: Corsair CX650M     Case: Corsair 200R    SSD: Kingston 240GB SSD Plus   HDD: 1TB WD Green Drive and Seagate Barracuda 2TB Media Drive

There should be an option to turn physx off in the video settings. Btw I have the same monitor and I can push 80-100 fps in most of my games, does G-SYNC really take that "smooth" feel on a 120hz + panel that much further?

CPU: i7 6700k @ 4.6ghz | CASE: Corsair 780T White Edition | MB: Asus Z170 Deluxe | CPU Cooling: EK Predator 360 | GPU: NVIDIA Titan X Pascal w/ EKWB nickel waterblock | PSU: EVGA 850w P2 | RAM: 16GB DDR4 Corsair Domintator Platinum 2800mhz | Storage: Samsung 850 EVO 500GB | OS: Win 10 Pro x64 | Monitor: Acer Predator X34/HTC VIVE Keyboard: CM Storm Trigger-Z | Mouse: Razer Taipan | Sound: Audio Technica ATH-M50x / Klipsch Promedia 2.1 Sound System 

Yes that will be interesting.

I've heard G-Sync having problems in the 25-30 fps range, they're also still working on it.

How is it watching youtube videos? 

Yes that will be interesting.

I've heard G-Sync having problems in the 25-30 fps range, they're also still working on it.

How is it watching youtube videos? 

Video runs at a fixed framerate so GSYNC wouldnt really do anything with youtube, movies etc. 

CPU: i7 6700k @ 4.6ghz | CASE: Corsair 780T White Edition | MB: Asus Z170 Deluxe | CPU Cooling: EK Predator 360 | GPU: NVIDIA Titan X Pascal w/ EKWB nickel waterblock | PSU: EVGA 850w P2 | RAM: 16GB DDR4 Corsair Domintator Platinum 2800mhz | Storage: Samsung 850 EVO 500GB | OS: Win 10 Pro x64 | Monitor: Acer Predator X34/HTC VIVE Keyboard: CM Storm Trigger-Z | Mouse: Razer Taipan | Sound: Audio Technica ATH-M50x / Klipsch Promedia 2.1 Sound System 

Video runs at a fixed framerate so GSYNC wouldnt really do anything with youtube, movies etc. 

Doesn't YouTube fluctuate though? I've seen it go between 28-32 FPS. 

I understand movies are at shot at 24 fps.

Is there still microstutter in Cod Ghosts? Because I know that game stutters anything and everything be it single or dual GPU card haha

Yeah there is a bit sometimes, but from what I can see is it's CPU stutter and or it's network lag and I don't think the GPU can do anything about that. Though when I play ghost now it's like the other players don't know I'm there in time and I kill them faster. It's real weird how much better I can play multiplayer or it's just a placebo effect and I'm just so pumped that I'm more aware of the enemy players.

There should be an option to turn physx off in the video settings. Btw I have the same monitor and I can push 80-100 fps in most of my games, does G-SYNC really take that "smooth" feel on a 120hz + panel that much further?

yeah, it sure does. I will be making a full review of this in a few days or next weekend, I really want to get used to this before I start my review.

Very nice.

Corsair 700D | ASUS Z97-A | Intel Core i7 4790K | Corsair H110 | EVGA GTX 980Ti SOC ACX | Patriot 1600LL - 4 x 4GB |

Crucial C300 128GB SSD | Kingston HyperX 240GB SSD | Western Digital Black 1TB | Corsair AX850 Pro Gold | ASUS Xonar DS |