Help me make a parts list for my first pc

Okay so I have been wanting to get a gaming pc for a while and have made many parts lists before but they are all too expensive. I want a parts list that is $400 USD or less but can still run games like gta 5, battlefield 5, and some vr like beat saber or pavlov. I only plan on using one monitor and would love 1080 p. My current parts list is 

https://pcpartpicker.com/user/Kookoobooty27/saved/rRXbvK but I want to eventually upgrade to 

https://pcpartpicker.com/user/Kookoobooty27/saved/4Bm8dC. Please help me lower the price while dropping as little performance as possible, though I am flexible on that price and those specs. Thank you.

May I recommend going 8th gen core i5. Also, check out this video by Linus for minimum vr specs. What u see may surprise u.

altho you may not want to, going with a ryzen build is a much better option. Yes, you will not be able to upgrade to a 6800k, but those processors are becoming dated anyway. An am4 chipset will give you a lot of easy options for upgrading 

PC: CPU: i5-9600k - CPU Cooler: be quiet! Dark Rock Pro 4 - GPU: Sapphire Radeon RX 5700 XT 8GB GDDR6 - Motherboard: ASRock - Z370 Extreme4 - RAM: Team - T-Force Delta RGB 16 GB DDR4-3000 - PSU: Corsair - TXM Gold 550 W 80+ Gold Certified Semi-Modular ATX Power Supply - Case: Thermaltake - Core G21 TG

Oh definitely

Ryzen is way better. 2600 is best but if u are able to wait, go Ryzen 3 it is meant to be a huge performance gain

4 minutes ago, wandering bald man said:

How are you affording a VR headset if you only have $400 for a PC?

The only thing you could reasonably buy is an R3 2200G PC, where you can add a dedicated GPU, and easily upgrade the CPU later.

It can still run games in the meantime.

PCPartPicker part list: https://pcpartpicker.com/list/sNJyTB
Price breakdown by merchant: https://pcpartpicker.com/list/sNJyTB/by_merchant/

CPU: AMD - Ryzen 3 2200G 3.5 GHz Quad-Core Processor  ($89.00 @ Amazon)
Motherboard: ASRock - B450 Pro4 ATX AM4 Motherboard  ($74.99 @ Newegg)
Memory: G.Skill - Ripjaws V Series 16 GB (2 x 8 GB) DDR4-3000 Memory  ($109.99 @ Newegg)
Storage: Gigabyte - UD PRO 256 GB 2.5" Solid State Drive  ($36.99 @ Newegg)
Case: DIYPC - P48-W ATX Mid Tower Case  ($33.96 @ Newegg)
Power Supply: Corsair - CX (2017) 550 W 80+ Bronze Certified ATX Power Supply  ($49.89 @ OutletPC)
Total: $394.82
Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available
Generated by PCPartPicker 2018-12-15 15:39 EST-0500

I edit my posts a lot, Twitter is @LordStreetguru just don't ask PC questions there mostly...

Spoiler

What is your budget/country for your new PC?

what monitor resolution/refresh rate?

What games or other software do you need to run?

1 minute ago, Streetguru said:

How are you affording a VR headset if you only have $400 for a PC?

The only thing you could reasonably buy is an R3 2200G PC, where you can add a dedicated GPU, and easily upgrade the CPU later.

It can still run games in the meantime.

PCPartPicker part list: https://pcpartpicker.com/list/sNJyTB
Price breakdown by merchant: https://pcpartpicker.com/list/sNJyTB/by_merchant/

CPU: AMD - Ryzen 3 2200G 3.5 GHz Quad-Core Processor  ($89.00 @ Amazon)
Motherboard: ASRock - B450 Pro4 ATX AM4 Motherboard  ($74.99 @ Newegg)
Memory: G.Skill - Ripjaws V Series 16 GB (2 x 8 GB) DDR4-3000 Memory  ($109.99 @ Newegg)
Storage: Gigabyte - UD PRO 256 GB 2.5" Solid State Drive  ($36.99 @ Newegg)
Case: DIYPC - P48-W ATX Mid Tower Case  ($33.96 @ Newegg)
Power Supply: Corsair - CX (2017) 550 W 80+ Bronze Certified ATX Power Supply  ($49.89 @ OutletPC)
Total: $394.82
Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available
Generated by PCPartPicker 2018-12-15 15:39 EST-0500

If you saw the original lists, you see that to upgrade to Ryzen he only needs a CPU, motherboard and GPU, so you can upgrade it to something like a 1400 and rx 570, which is still pretty bad.

I suggest he saves up more for a 2600 and a 1070, along with a decent motherboard.

Ryzen 7 3700X / 16GB RAM / Optane SSD / GTX 1650 / Solus Linux

5 minutes ago, NunoLava1998 said:

It sounds like he doesn't have any PC, and that those are just parts lists, and sub par parts lists at that.

I edit my posts a lot, Twitter is @LordStreetguru just don't ask PC questions there mostly...

Spoiler

Looking at what I have seen, I believe I am going to skip on the vr at the moment until I have saved up more of my own money. With that out of the way, I still want to play games like gta5 and csgo and such. 

3 minutes ago, wandering bald man said:

Looking at what I have seen, I believe I am going to skip on the vr at the moment until I have saved up more of my own money. With that out of the way, I still want to play games like gta5 and csgo and such. 

So you don't own any real PC right now?

If so the R3 2200G is your best bet for new parts, it can still do light 1080p gaming just fine

The 16GBs of RAM just makes it so you never have to upgrade it

Then all you have to do is buy an RX 570 or RX 580 later since they're only from $150-200

Spoiler