Cpu delidding tool Amazon (Canada)

I have been interested in delidding my 6700k cpu and I was looking online for one of the tools to do it. I know the der8auer is probably the best, but being in Canada with shipping times (and the postal strike) what are some other equivalent options? 

CPUAMD 3800x; GPUASUS TUF RTX 3070; Motherboard: Asus Prime x570-Pro;

CPU Coolerbe quiet! Dark Rock Pro 3; RAMG.SKILL Ripjaws V 32 GB DDR4 @ 3600 MHz;  

Case: NZXT H440; PSU: EVGA SuperNOVA G2 750W; Storage: Intel 600P SSD 512GB, Segate Barracuda 2TB HDD @ 7200RPM

Check out the Rockit 88. Used it on my 6700k and worked great

print "Hello World!" ("Hello World!")

With some care and patience, you can de-lid an Intel CPU using razor blade and re-attach the IHS with non-conductive silicone glue.

"Mankind’s greatest mistake will be its inability to control the technology it has created."

9 minutes ago, SkyHound0202 said:

With some care and patience, you can de-lid an Intel CPU using razor blade and re-attach the IHS with non-conductive silicone glue.

I am definitely not going to try that because there is definitely a high chance I will fail.

CPU Coolerbe quiet! Dark Rock Pro 3; RAMG.SKILL Ripjaws V 32 GB DDR4 @ 3600 MHz;  

Case: NZXT H440; PSU: EVGA SuperNOVA G2 750W; Storage: Intel 600P SSD 512GB, Segate Barracuda 2TB HDD @ 7200RPM

12 minutes ago, Airdragonz said:

Check out the Rockit 88. Used it on my 6700k and worked great

I will give it a look. Also, when you put the thermal paste on, how did you do it? I'm assuming you did it manually with some applicator, and I'm trying to find a decent applicator online as well. 

16 minutes ago, Krolic said:

I will give it a look. Also, when you put the thermal paste on, how did you do it? I'm assuming you did it manually with some applicator, and I'm trying to find a decent applicator online as well. 

I used liquid metal, specifically the Thermal Grizzly Conductonaut. It came with everything I needed to apply the LM and I also put some electrical tape around the cpu die in case some LM spilled over. 

Just now, Airdragonz said:

I used liquid metal, specifically the Thermal Grizzly Conductonaut. It came with everything I needed to apply the LM and I also put some electrical tape around the cpu die in case some LM spilled over. 

Fair enough. I don't think I wanna risk LM right now (I really can't afford financially if I need up). I'm looking for the Rocking 88, but doesn't seem to be on Amazon or Newegg Canada.

8 minutes ago, Airdragonz said:

What is the major difference between these two options (both seem to have an applicator) other than total volume/weight you get.

https://www.amazon.ca/dp/B00ZJSF5LM/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_apa_i_wavfCbB5M1MDX

https://www.amazon.ca/dp/B011F7W3LU/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_apa_i_PbvfCbMPFSXQX

13 minutes ago, Krolic said:

Fair enough. I don't think I wanna risk LM right now (I really can't afford financially if I need up). I'm looking for the Rocking 88, but doesn't seem to be on Amazon or Newegg Canada.

They might have it on their own site, not entire sure. I'm pretty sure I saw it on Amazon (canada) once though. 

5 minutes ago, Krolic said:

What is the major difference between these two options (both seem to have an applicator) other than total volume/weight you get.

https://www.amazon.ca/dp/B00ZJSF5LM/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_apa_i_wavfCbB5M1MDX

https://www.amazon.ca/dp/B011F7W3LU/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_apa_i_PbvfCbMPFSXQX

They are both the same paste. One just has more thermal paste in the tube than the other. 

Just now, Airdragonz said:

They might have it on their own site, not entire sure. I'm pretty sure I saw it on Amazon (canada) once though. 

They are both the same paste. One just has more thermal paste in the tube than the other. 

Fair enough. In all fairness, probably not gonna get Thermal Grizzly.... super expensive on Amazon Canada (only 10 USD on Amazon US). Probably just gonna get the Arctic MX4, which is more reasonable price. 

There's no point in delidding a CPU if you aren't going to use "liquid metal". The difference in quality in correlation to temperatures the stock paste intel uses and an off the shelf tube you can buy from a third party is literally a low single digit percentage.

Paste is still paste.

"Liquid metal" is a completely different compound and thus has significantly different thermal properties.

Delidding a CPU just to put paste back between the die and the IHS is just wasting your time.

What does windows 10 and ET have in common?

They are both constantly trying to phone home.

On 12/15/2018 at 2:36 PM, Hellion said:

There's no point in delidding a CPU if you aren't going to use "liquid metal". The difference in quality in correlation to temperatures the stock paste intel uses and an off the shelf tube you can buy from a third party is literally a low single digit percentage.

Paste is still paste.

"Liquid metal" is a completely different compound and thus has significantly different thermal properties.

Delidding a CPU just to put paste back between the die and the IHS is just wasting your time.

Actually, it has been shown that delidding and directly reapplying can improve cooling (no change of thermal paste) as it could improve contact between the die and the heat spreader. It ensure there are no micro air gaps.

3 hours ago, Krolic said:

Actually, it has been shown that delidding and directly reapplying can improve cooling (no change of thermal paste) as it could improve contact between the die and the heat spreader. It ensure there are no micro air gaps.

Your attempt to justify this is nonsense and borders on the equivalent of trolls that plague every build guide commenting how thermal paste application actually makes a difference. This is only true in very aged applications after the paste has dried out and hardened. A 6700k is no where near old enough for that to occur. 

Third parties have tested the thermal properties of stock intel paste vs what you can buy off the shelf and as I have already mentioned there's literally a low single digit percentage difference in performance.

There are issues with the manufacturing quality of some of the intel IHS however where the top that is supposed to meet the cold plate of the cooler is either too concave or convex when held to a straight edge. Once sanded flat this will obviously improve thermals to a non-marginal level due to better surface area contact but in this case all you have proposed doing is swapping the paste on the opposite side.

You are also whining about the price of "liquid metal" but willing to fork out a not insignificant amount for a delidding tool. An ironic contradiction if I've ever seen one. You would be much better invested paying less for a tube of "liquid metal" and using a razor blade and a vice to delid the CPU. That's much more cost effective and would yeild much better results in exchange for some time and patience.

At the end of the day it's your choice. I could really care less. From both my personal experience and results after testing carried out by third parties which you can search for online you'll be wasting your time.

I won't be back to follow up on this so save me the lies about how in your use case the results were different.

What does windows 10 and ET have in common?

They are both constantly trying to phone home.

Just get one off ebay that looks like this one: https://www.ebay.com/itm/CPU-Delid-Cap-Opener-Tool-for-Intel-LGA115X-3370K-4790K-6700K-7700K-8700K-US-New/292794540343?hash=item442bea2137:g:48oAAOSwqmhb1r-R:rk:2:pf:0

I've used it on everything from Core 2s/Pentiums to my "latest and greatest" 8700K. Works on both soldered and non-soldered sTIM.

Why spend $50+ when that money can be put toward a better thermal paste, cooler, or other components? Just my two cents.

If you do delid, though... LM is a must. Any bare die or direct die enthusiast can tell you that much. The best paste I've used is Kryonaut, and even that can't hold a candle to the cheapest LMs out there. I use Phobya for noncritical stuff and Conductonaut or liquid ultra for stuff I know I'll be OCing the snot out of, depending on which is cheaper.

Daily Driver: Asus ROG Flow X13 - 5900HS/3050 Ti

Primary Desktop: NCase M1 - 5800X3D/RX 6950XT

Travel PC: Fractal Terra - 5800X/RTX 3060 Ti

I have too many computers. List here.

On 12/18/2018 at 8:02 PM, ShadowChaser said:

Just get one off ebay that looks like this one: https://www.ebay.com/itm/CPU-Delid-Cap-Opener-Tool-for-Intel-LGA115X-3370K-4790K-6700K-7700K-8700K-US-New/292794540343?hash=item442bea2137:g:48oAAOSwqmhb1r-R:rk:2:pf:0

I've used it on everything from Core 2s/Pentiums to my "latest and greatest" 8700K. Works on both soldered and non-soldered sTIM.

Why spend $50+ when that money can be put toward a better thermal paste, cooler, or other components? Just my two cents.

If you do delid, though... LM is a must. Any bare die or direct die enthusiast can tell you that much. The best paste I've used is Kryonaut, and even that can't hold a candle to the cheapest LMs out there. I use Phobya for noncritical stuff and Conductonaut or liquid ultra for stuff I know I'll be OCing the snot out of, depending on which is cheaper.

Ok, thanks. I'll take a look at that. How do you put the HS back on (look at the vice, it doesn't seem to have the ability as others do). Do you just use silicone based UHU adhesive? 

Out of curiousity, why use liquid ultra as opposed to conductonaut? It seems that liquid ultra has about half the thermal conductivity of conductonaut. 

6 hours ago, Krolic said:

Ok, thanks. I'll take a look at that. How do you put the HS back on (look at the vice, it doesn't seem to have the ability as others do). Do you just use silicone based UHU adhesive? 

Out of curiousity, why use liquid ultra as opposed to conductonaut? It seems that liquid ultra has about half the thermal conductivity of conductonaut. 

In these applications, I don't glue the ihs back on as you want to refresh your LM once every 2-3 years.

I take whichever's cheaper as they perform about the same for the average cpu. I'm sure that if you took a really high tdp chip it would matter but your average 60-95W tdp chips aren't going to care at all :) 

Daily Driver: Asus ROG Flow X13 - 5900HS/3050 Ti

Primary Desktop: NCase M1 - 5800X3D/RX 6950XT

Travel PC: Fractal Terra - 5800X/RTX 3060 Ti

I have too many computers. List here.