Bent i7 7700k and ram won't dual boot

Go to solution Solved by Liamhijak,
41 minutes ago, Dylanc1500 said:

By "dual mode" are you meaning dual channel? The reason the other slots are working is because the section that got bent, the pads on it are for memory and that would be the reason for it not detecting your second channel. You will have notice a difference it performance due to having half the available memory bandwidth.

All of the pads within the red border are not making proper contact if not completely severed within the substrate. The blue pads within said boundary are for memory.

pETOP8DLTnZlZ7TN.jpg

So you think if I can push it back down flat (which I've seen couple of people do on here) it'll make connection? 

Hi guys I bent my chip with heats ink... It works but my x2 8gb lx vengeance won't dual boot it only works in slots 3 and 4. Will this affect proformance.. My pc seems very slow especially starting up. 

I'm too scared to force it flat in case the crack gets worse. 

I7 7700k 

Msi z270 m5 gaming mobo

Gtx 1080ti 

2 x 8gb lx vengeance ddr4

Screenshot_20181214-053457_Messenger.jpg

Gotta make a funeral for the CPU and RAM. How the fuck you bent the CPU that hard with the dam heatsink? Did you drop it like Linus drop his GPU? 

It's been working for about a year now.. But like I say won't boot in dual mode. Will that affect perormance 

1 hour ago, Liamhijak said:

It's been working for about a year now.. But like I say won't boot in dual mode. Will that affect perormance 

By "dual mode" are you meaning dual channel? The reason the other slots are working is because the section that got bent, the pads on it are for memory and that would be the reason for it not detecting your second channel. You will have notice a difference it performance due to having half the available memory bandwidth.

All of the pads within the red border are not making proper contact if not completely severed within the substrate. The blue pads within said boundary are for memory.

pETOP8DLTnZlZ7TN.jpg

41 minutes ago, Dylanc1500 said:

pETOP8DLTnZlZ7TN.jpg

So you think if I can push it back down flat (which I've seen couple of people do on here) it'll make connection? 

1 hour ago, Liamhijak said:

It is definitely possible, as I've seen it done myself. Just don't hold your breath because it may not. Note: if you do attempt to straighten it out, do so against a flat surface. You don't want to take a chance in over bending and breaking it off entirely since the strength of it has been compromised now.

• 2 weeks later...
On 12/14/2018 at 8:51 AM, Dylanc1500 said:

It is definitely possible, as I've seen it done myself. Just don't hold your breath because it may not. Note: if you do attempt to straighten it out, do so against a flat surface. You don't want to take a chance in over bending and breaking it off entirely since the strength of it has been compromised now.

Could you give us more info how you've seen it done please