Ryzen 7 2700

ITPyro

Hello all. I am new to PC building and seem to be having CPU temp issues.

this is now my 3rd attempt at thermal paste application.

in the bios my cpu reports around 30-35C

once in windows cosair link/icue reports 70-74C idle and 90+ under a lite load. 

I am using the stock cooler with arctic silver 5 paste. I am not sure what else to do. i have it spread out with the fan running a max speed in the BIOS. I have the tower 900 case with 5 case fans ICUE says the temps are around 25C in the spot the probes are in. 

is the cooler mounted properly?

don't spread the paste with your fingers, a single small dot in the center of the IHS is enough, if it's too much the pressure will move it to the edges and leave the center uncovered

ASUS X470-PRO • R7 1700 4GHz • Corsair H110i GT P/P • 2x MSI RX 480 8G • Corsair DP 2x8 @3466 • EVGA 750 G2 • Corsair 730T • Crucial MX500 250GB • WD 4TB

3 minutes ago, ITPyro said:

in the bios my cpu reports around 30-35C

once in windows cosair link/icue reports 70-74C idle and 90+ under a lite load.

same temps reported by ryzen master and hwmonitor?

is cooler heated up/ feeling warm ? 

use msi afterburner or hwmonitor to see the temps. 

PC: CPU: i5-9600k - CPU Cooler: be quiet! Dark Rock Pro 4 - GPU: Sapphire Radeon RX 5700 XT 8GB GDDR6 - Motherboard: ASRock - Z370 Extreme4 - RAM: Team - T-Force Delta RGB 16 GB DDR4-3000 - PSU: Corsair - TXM Gold 550 W 80+ Gold Certified Semi-Modular ATX Power Supply - Case: Thermaltake - Core G21 TG

no sticker. i did not check using the ryzen master or hwmonitor. i was going to try that tomorrow. i did have issues the first time around and got to much pressure which spread the paste to the corners. this time i feel like i got a better spread. a more even spread. i will have to check another software and see what the temps are tomorrow. 

If the graphite pads are within a couple degrees of thermal paste, I don't see the point in just not keeping it simple. Im knew to this too and those pads sure look nice for when I take my AIO off. Plus i keep changing parts and had to remove my AIO the other day and I just put it back on with the same thermal paste lol.

Ryzen 3800X + MEG ACE w/ Radeon VII + 3733 c14 Trident Z RGB in a Custom Loop powered by Seasonic Prime Ultra Titanium
PSU Tier List | Motherboard Tier List | My Build