Curious upgrade performance

I just wanted to ask because obviously theres no head to head on the things im gonna upgrade

So as of right now i have [which also will be listed as photos]

An fx 8350 4.4 ghz

ddr3 24 GB 1.6 mhz 11.0 CAS

and im going to upgrade to an

i5 9600k

3.2 mhz 16 cas 16 GB DDR4

+and m2 ssd

So i was wondering if anyone had such an upgrade before and what kind of numbers they had , my gpu also is the RX 480 which i plan to upgrade when navi is out.

Screenshot_346.png

Screenshot_347.png

Screenshot_348.png

more fps. you get less heat, I can't give exact numbers, but it will greatly improve. if you want me to help with your upgrade, let me know!

2 minutes ago, LukeSavenije said:

more fps. you get less heat, I can't give exact numbers, but it will greatly improve. if you want me to help with your upgrade, let me know!

Welp the only problem i can think of that i will have is overcloking it , since i only ever did overclocking in my amd cpu

2 minutes ago, iLove said:

Welp the only problem i can think of that i will have is overcloking it , since i only ever did overclocking in my amd cpu

there are many guides on it. as long as you have a solid mobo, you can overclock a bit on the stock cooler, or get a aftermarket cooler (for amd at least, the intel stock cooler is still crap)

Edited by LukeSavenije

I have a good one my friend gifted to me so it should be okay when we go to temps

as for the amd part , im only using it for gaming so even if i like ryzen and amd and i hate intel , i still want the most fps i can get for games

7 minutes ago, iLove said:

I have a good one my friend gifted to me so it should be okay when we go to temps

as for the amd part , im only using it for gaming so even if i like ryzen and amd and i hate intel , i still want the most fps i can get for games

well, amd is great for that too. the 9600k is nothing more than a soldered 8600k. the 2600 can be had for much less, and is upgradeable to the new zen 2 chips that are rumored to lauch at CES

Personally I wouldn't buy a 9600k...many games are maxing it out already and this cause micro stuttering and inconsistent frametimes...6c/6t ain't really cutting it at times...I would look for i7-8700 instead or ryzen 2600

| CPU: Core i7-8700K @ 4.89ghz - 1.21v  Motherboard: Asus ROG STRIX Z370-E GAMING  CPU Cooler: Corsair H100i V2 |
| GPU: MSI RTX 3080Ti Ventus 3X OC  RAM: 32GB T-Force Delta RGB 3066mhz |
| Displays: Acer Predator XB270HU 1440p Gsync 144hz IPS Gaming monitor | Oculus Quest 2 VR