First build, am i overlooking anything?

acpage18
Go to solution Solved by lukart,

With that money you can do much better...

PCPartPicker part list: https://au.pcpartpicker.com/list/rj4FMZ
Price breakdown by merchant: https://au.pcpartpicker.com/list/rj4FMZ/by_merchant/

CPU: Intel - Core i7-9700K 3.6 GHz 8-Core Processor  ($659.00 @ Umart)
CPU Cooler: Corsair - H100i v2 70.69 CFM Liquid CPU Cooler  ($165.00 @ PCCaseGear)
Motherboard: ASRock - Z390 Extreme4 ATX LGA1151 Motherboard  ($269.00 @ Mwave Australia)
Memory: G.Skill - Ripjaws V Series 16 GB (2 x 8 GB) DDR4-3200 Memory  ($206.00 @ Shopping Express)
Storage: Samsung - 860 Evo 500 GB M.2-2280 Solid State Drive  ($119.00 @ BudgetPC)
Storage: Seagate - Barracuda 2 TB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive  ($79.00 @ Shopping Express)
Video Card: Gigabyte - GeForce RTX 2070 8 GB WINDFORCE Video Card  ($749.00 @ Umart)
Case: NZXT - H500 (Black) ATX Mid Tower Case  ($122.00 @ Skycomp Technology)
Power Supply: EVGA - SuperNOVA NEX 650 W 80+ Gold Certified Fully-Modular ATX Power Supply  ($129.00 @ Umart)
Case Fan: Fractal Design - FD-FAN-SSLL-120-WT 41.8 CFM 120mm Fan
Total: $2497.00
Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available
Generated by PCPartPicker 2018-12-13 17:43 AEDT+1100

Hey! 

Long time LTT watcher, first time forum user/poster!

Planning on slowly acquiring these parts between now and march (uni starts and i will be using CAD alot for school and my regular job) for my first build. im just wondering if i have overlooked anything, i have have a few musts but with not alot of experience i might be barking up the wrong tree.

Musts:

Wifi (no ethernet where the rig will be as its a rental)

Overclocking capability ( i want to learn, i like to tinker and i realise its costing me $$$ )

Cad performance is very important to me, i dont game much

Tried a few configs and 2600 AUD seams like a number that gets me what i want, would not want to pay much more then that.

Cheers in advance

PC parts.PNG

Looks to be good. However, a few constructive criticisms.

You don't need such an expensive mobo. Even the cheaper ones will work just fine. Unless you absolutely need the features afforded by the expensive mobo, or don't mind spending extra money for looks, go with something cheaper. 

$170 for windows is exorbitantly expensive. You can find it legit from microsoft for $110, or from ebay or g2a for like $10. 

You're probably going to want some more storage. 512 isn't too much now-a-day. With the money you saved from the mobo and windows, buy yourself a 1-4 TB WD blue drive. The 4TBs are on sale today on newegg for $99. 

EDIT: Also that SSD seems expensive. I'm not current on the PCIE prices, but I literally just bought a WD 256 GB NVME today for $50.

EDIT: While the cooler likely already comes with some thermal paste, do yourself a favor and buy some extra for when you inevitably screw up the mounting and have to wipe it all off. ;)

EDIT3: Didn't realize these were in Australian dollars, I have no idea how those prices compare. 

Awesome! 90% of the way there then!

So when looking at the motherboard I was under the impression only "z" boards could be overclocked, is this inaccurate?

And thanks! I would have spend around 60 bucks to much on windows!

Just now, acpage18 said:

Awesome! 90% of the way there then!

So when looking at the motherboard I was under the impression only "z" boards could be overclocked, is this inaccurate?

And thanks! I would have spend around 60 bucks to much on windows!

Yes its correct that only z type chipsets support overclocking the multiplier, but there are still some cheap z370 boards out there that arent too bad.

Cant give you an example tho (im using a 270€ z390 lol)

With that money you can do much better...

PCPartPicker part list: https://au.pcpartpicker.com/list/rj4FMZ
Price breakdown by merchant: https://au.pcpartpicker.com/list/rj4FMZ/by_merchant/

CPU: Intel - Core i7-9700K 3.6 GHz 8-Core Processor  ($659.00 @ Umart)
CPU Cooler: Corsair - H100i v2 70.69 CFM Liquid CPU Cooler  ($165.00 @ PCCaseGear)
Motherboard: ASRock - Z390 Extreme4 ATX LGA1151 Motherboard  ($269.00 @ Mwave Australia)
Memory: G.Skill - Ripjaws V Series 16 GB (2 x 8 GB) DDR4-3200 Memory  ($206.00 @ Shopping Express)
Storage: Samsung - 860 Evo 500 GB M.2-2280 Solid State Drive  ($119.00 @ BudgetPC)
Storage: Seagate - Barracuda 2 TB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive  ($79.00 @ Shopping Express)
Video Card: Gigabyte - GeForce RTX 2070 8 GB WINDFORCE Video Card  ($749.00 @ Umart)
Case: NZXT - H500 (Black) ATX Mid Tower Case  ($122.00 @ Skycomp Technology)
Power Supply: EVGA - SuperNOVA NEX 650 W 80+ Gold Certified Fully-Modular ATX Power Supply  ($129.00 @ Umart)
Case Fan: Fractal Design - FD-FAN-SSLL-120-WT 41.8 CFM 120mm Fan
Total: $2497.00
Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available
Generated by PCPartPicker 2018-12-13 17:43 AEDT+1100

Dayum lukart, thats one hell of a parts list, thanks very much!