GPU update

ivailo95
Go to solution Solved by NelizMastr,

Yeah it makes an enormous difference. The UHD graphics are meant to display Word and Excel and the likes, not play games.

Hello this is my current laptop specs:
Windows 10 Home 64
8th Generation Intel® Core™ i5 processor
Intel® UHD Graphics 620 (8 GB)
8 GB memory; 256 GB SSD storage

With this I am playing world of warcraft and I can feel the fps the task manager shows the gpu going up to 100% (not all the time)
If I update to this:

Windows 10 Home 64
8th Generation Intel® Core™ i7 processor
NVIDIA® GeForce® GTX 1050Ti (4GB)
16GB onboard memory; 256 GB SSD storage

Am I going to feel fps spikes on those settings? Am I going to be able to play on higher settings? Considering I am playing on recommended specs with little spikes. I was thinking of buying an external GPU but i need it only for WOW so if this is good enough I am fine with it?

Well I could've told you a while ago that gaming on a laptop with Intel onboard graphics wasn't going to work well.

Shouldn't have bought that laptop for that purpose to be honest.

I'd say that buying a new laptop for an occasional WoW session is a bad investment, since you're not getting your old laptop's

investment back 100%. If your laptop has a thunderbolt connector (not just USB-C mind you, it really needs to be thunderbolt)

an eGPU would be the "cheapest" solution possibly.

PC Specs - AMD Ryzen 7 5800X3D MSI B550M Mortar - 32GB Corsair Vengeance RGB DDR4-3600 @ CL16 - ASRock RX7800XT 660p 1TBGB & Crucial P5 1TB Fractal Define Mini C CM V750v2 - Windows 11 Pro

Yes, it is thunderbolt. I got that laptop for coding, but then decided to play a little and it was fine. The laptop is new one and I want to give to someone. It is the absolute same model, but better specs so if the gpu will make difference its the better choice for me.

Yeah it makes an enormous difference. The UHD graphics are meant to display Word and Excel and the likes, not play games.

PC Specs - AMD Ryzen 7 5800X3D MSI B550M Mortar - 32GB Corsair Vengeance RGB DDR4-3600 @ CL16 - ASRock RX7800XT 660p 1TBGB & Crucial P5 1TB Fractal Define Mini C CM V750v2 - Windows 11 Pro