Test the Claim

OnePlus claims that OnePlus 60 ;):D in-display (or as Linus prefers Under-display) fingerprint sensor becomes faster with use. Will you test this claim ?

3 minutes ago, Crunchy Dragon said:

That doesn't sound technologically possible...

The physical hardware can't become faster, but it could get better at recognizing your fingerprint (in theory).

PSU Tier List | CoC

Gaming Build | FreeNAS Server

Spoiler

i5-4690k || Seidon 240m || GTX780 ACX || MSI Z97s SLI Plus || 8GB 2400mhz || 250GB 840 Evo || 1TB WD Blue || H440 (Black/Blue) || Windows 10 Pro || Dell P2414H & BenQ XL2411Z || Ducky Shine Mini || Logitech G502 Proteus Core

Spoiler

FreeNAS 9.3 - Stable || Xeon E3 1230v2 || Supermicro X9SCM-F || 32GB Crucial ECC DDR3 || 3x4TB WD Red (JBOD) || SYBA SI-PEX40064 sata controller || Corsair CX500m || NZXT Source 210.

1 minute ago, 79wjd said:

The physical hardware can't become faster, but it could get better at recognizing your fingerprint (in theory).

In theory, yes.

I could see how that could happen, but it seems like it would take a bit more effort than a smartphone manufacturer would want to put in.

Quote or tag me( @Crunchy Dragon) if you want me to see your reply

If a post solved your problem/answered your question, please consider marking it as "solved"

Community Standards // Join Floatplane!

2 minutes ago, Crunchy Dragon said:

In theory, yes.

I could see how that could happen, but it seems like it would take a bit more effort than a smartphone manufacturer would want to put in.

I mean, you can do this with apple's fingerprint sensors. You can go back into the touch ID settings and like "add more" to the fingerprint (like sides and stuff) to make it more accurate. 

On 12/11/2018 at 5:08 AM, Crunchy Dragon said:

In theory, yes.

It's not that hard? They probably use machine learning to recognize the fingerprint. So more fingerprints means more accuracy. More accuracy means that you can make it faster so it had the same accuracy as before.

PC: Case: Cooler Master CM690 II - PSU: Cooler Master G650M - RAM: Transcend 4x 8Gb DDR3 1333Mhz - MoBo: Gigabyte Z87x-D3H - CPU: i5 4670K @ 4.5Ghz - GPU: MSI GTX1060 ARMOR OC - Hard disks: 4x 500Gb Seagate enterprise in RAID 0 - SSD: Crucial M4 128Gb

Phone: Samsung Galaxy S6

Many people in OP6t forums did mention, that it got faster (especially with the last 2 Updates).

Also, 1 Month after i got my 6t, i ordered the Thunder Purple one, to switch over.

When i set it up, the Fingerprint sensor seemed a good bit slower than on my 1 month old 6t, that has had tons of unlocks so far.

It's not a scientific research, but i would claim it to be true: It does get faster and more reliable over time.