budget CPU that won't bottleneck a GTX 970?

2 minutes ago, campy said:

not necessarily, you cant see 100% of everything thats going on with your PC in task manager

this is a much more difficult thing to pin down and explain without the PC on a desk in front of me, theres some basic steps you can take to troubleshoot excessive CPU usage such as booting into safe mode and seeing if it stops, disabling everything but windows core features, disabling things like windows update/defender/cortana if you have 10 or whatever

because some of those things can have tasks that go above what task manager shows you and you wouldnt really see them if you werent actively looking for them

i unironically suggest making a bootable usb of just basic old ubuntu linux or something and just browsing the web, play CS:GO or whatever off of it, just to see if your CPU and GPU usage change compared to windows

google that because thats a step by step i type out too often, you dont actually have to install it to use it

okay thanks I will try that, how do I boot in to safe mode? and get out

5 minutes ago, campy said:

spam F8 at boot, or go to the update and security then "recovery" tab in windows and restart under "advanced startup" to get to the fancy startup menu with safe mode

this guide explains it:

https://www.howtogeek.com/107511/how-to-boot-into-safe-mode-on-windows-8-the-easy-way/

Safe mode just runs the system with the bare essentials, default drivers, like a fresh install of windows in its most basic form

to get out of it just restart, it will default to a normal boot

ok thanks.