windows taskbar tray lagging.

charbel1011

So i have my custom gaming pc running for years with no problems. i have the i7 8700k and 16gb ram corsair 3000mhz and the motherboard is the asus z370a prime and im running the gtx 1080 ti. i don't know what's going on all of sudden my taskbar tray when i click on it to open the running programs like ICUE i feel my mouse lags like i can see it going slowly across the screen like it's running 20 fps. and then it works fine. even for example if i open the bethesda program it lags too. i don't know why this is happening any suggestion?

What kind of drive is windows installed on?

Bethesda PC:   R7 3700X  -  Asrock B550 Extreme 4  -  Corsair Dominator Platinum RGB 16GB@3.6GHz -  Zotac AMP Extreme 1080TI -  Samsung 860 Evo 256GB  -  WD Blue 2TB SSD -  500DX  -  Stock cooling lul  -  Rm650x

CrumpleBox V3:  Xeon X5680  -  Asus X58 Sabertooth  -  DDr3 16GB@1.33Ghz  -  Gigabyte 1660s -  TT smart RGB 700W  -  

Cooler Master Storm Trooper  -  120GB Samsung 850 Pro   -  LTT Edition Chromax NH-D15 ?

CrumpleBox 3 ROTF: I5-6400  -  MSI B150m Mortar  -  16GB 2133Mhz Vengeance Pro RGB  -  Strix 1070Ti - GTX 1070 FE  -  Adata 128GB SSD  -  Fractal Design Define C  -  Gammaxx 400V2  -  Cooler Master silent pro gold 1000W

CrumpleBox 2: i7-7820x - MSI X299 Raider - 32GB Thermaltake Toughram 3.6Ghz - 2x Sapphire Nitro Fury - 128GB PCie Adata SSD - O11 Dynamic - EVGA CLC 360 - Corsair RM1000X

Perhiperals:  Gateway 900p60 monitor  -  Dell 1024x768@75  -  Logi. G403 Carbon  -  Logi. G502  -  SteSer. Arctis 5  -  SteSer. Rival 110 - Corsair Strafe RGB MK.2

3 minutes ago, Grockle88 said:

M.2 samsung ssd like i i said i never had a problem just lately. Like some programs i open in the tray bar does that. Including the icue programs as soon as i open it i see my mouse lagging and by lagging i mean like for example if you're using 140hz monitor and u switch to 60hz monitor u know how u see the mouse slow and it's lagging. Same thing is happening when i open those programs. And if i open bethesda program too. It does the same thing. I dont know if it's the taskbar tray itself or just the programs. ICUE and bethesda launcher to be specific.

23 minutes ago, Grockle88 said:

My ssd and harddrive are like 4 years old i guess it's a way or another they are telling me the goodbye,

Wireless mouse? If yes, then try to change usb port just to be sure it's not some kind of USB problem.

8 hours ago, homeap5 said:

Wireless mouse? If yes, then try to change usb port just to be sure it's not some kind of USB problem.

Yes i have the logitech g702. But it's plugged with usb i dont use it as wireless. But still ill try another mouse and another usb port.