status update (small change)

LukeSavenije
Go to solution Solved by colonel_mortis,

Change it from "colonel_mortis has replied to a status update" to "colonel_mortis has replied to a status update by colonel_mortis"? It makes sense, and I will look into changing it for the next update (I can't guarantee that it will be possible though, and the estimated time frame for that update is mid 2019).

Really, the whole notification system for status updates needs an overhaul, but unfortunately more major work would need to be done upstream by the forum software devs, not by me. Despite putting quite a bit of effort into convincing the forum software devs that status updates need work (and even offering to do it for free), they have been ignoring me, so there's not much chance of changes beyond this.

Hello Mortis, Whiskers(, slick if you're still alive)

I had a little idea I would like to submit as a suggestion and because it isn't listed in the non-discussible list I would like to ask for the following:

To make a difference between  status update replies on a own tread and someone else's tread by for example changing it a bit to this

[name] has replied to [starter of update] so I am able to see if it's mine or one I don't need to see. Would this be possible/usable?

thanks for your time

TBH I didn't notice this before but now that I see the difference in my head we should totally have it.

I WILL find your ITX build thread, and I WILL recommend the SIlverstone Sugo SG13B

Primary PC:

i7 8086k - EVGA Z370 Classified K - G.Skill Trident Z RGB - WD SN750 - Jedi Order Titan Xp - Hyper 212 Black (with RGB Riing flair) - EVGA G3 650W - dual booting Windows 10 and Linux - Black and green theme, Razer brainwashed me.

Draws 400 watts under max load, for reference.

How many watts do I needATX 3.0 & PCIe 5.0 spec, PSU misconceptions, protections explainedgroup reg is bad

Just now, fasauceome said:

TBH I didn't notice this before but now that I see the difference in my head we should totally have it.

It sounds really unnecessary but it would probably save time and get more 'productivity'/helping people done. 

It's an idea we didn't know we needed.

Just now, LukeSavenije said:

I know. but normally they are a lot around this tread. so I didn't felt like a need

Ohh, okay. I only tagged them because they'd get a notification about this thread rather than just seeing it on the forum index.

Just now, 1kv said:

It sounds really unnecessary but it would probably save time and get more 'productivity'/helping people done. 

It's an idea we didn't know we needed.

exactly. and it shouldn't be a hard, long heavy thing to add as far as I know. but I don't do that much web hosting

1 minute ago, 1kv said:

Ohh, okay. I only tagged them because they'd get a notification about this thread rather than just seeing it on the forum index.

normally they have that much that they forget some, so yeah...

Just now, LukeSavenije said:

normally they have that much that they forget some, so yeah...

Ohh, okay then. Didn't know, sorry :/ 

4 minutes ago, 1kv said:

Ohh, okay then. Didn't know, sorry :/ 

it would be weird if you did. wkdpaul told me once that he misses a lot of things just because notifications get all read when clicking the icon. he doesn't miss a report as they don't have that problem

2 minutes ago, LukeSavenije said:

it would be weird if you did. wkdpaul tould me once that he misses a lot of things just because notifications get all read when clicking the icon. he doesn't miss a report as they don't have that problem

They probably don't have that problem with reports as they probably get less reports than notifications which is why they don't need them to instantly clear. Plus, having to click on like 100 notifications to clear them all would suck.

4 minutes ago, 1kv said:

They probably don't have that problem with reports as they probably get less reports than notifications which is why they don't need them to instantly clear. Plus, having to click on like 100 notifications to clear them all would suck.

don't underestimate that. wkdpaul has more reports than I have posts

Change it from "colonel_mortis has replied to a status update" to "colonel_mortis has replied to a status update by colonel_mortis"? It makes sense, and I will look into changing it for the next update (I can't guarantee that it will be possible though, and the estimated time frame for that update is mid 2019).

Really, the whole notification system for status updates needs an overhaul, but unfortunately more major work would need to be done upstream by the forum software devs, not by me. Despite putting quite a bit of effort into convincing the forum software devs that status updates need work (and even offering to do it for free), they have been ignoring me, so there's not much chance of changes beyond this.

HTTP/2 203

2 minutes ago, colonel_mortis said:

Snip

Well, okay then. Good luck with it and let me know when you have some news about it. I (and some other people) can't wait to let you make it happen