New Windows wont boot

SzaboAttila

When I went to download the tool, it put a little box down in the lower left corner of my screen.  I clicked on it to open it and it started the process of creating the Media Creation tool.  During the process, it asked where I wanted to put the data required to use the tool.  In my case, it was drive E:..  I had labeled that flash drive as WINTOOL.  From there, it formats and then copies all the files needed for the Tool.

When that process is done, all you need to do is leave the flash in the machine and reboot the computer.  Just make sure to enter the BIOS and change the boot order of your drives so that it recognizes the flash drive as the first boot device.

2 minutes ago, AngryBeaver said:

Copy the iso on to your harddisk then use the tool above. Could also be that your ISO is corrupt.

I will be installing windows to an other pc

Gaming pc: CPU(AMD Ryzen 5 1600), MOBO(MSI B450M Bazooka), RAM(DDR4 2x8GB 2666MHz Kingston Fury Black), STORAGE(120GB WD Green SSD , 1TB WD Blue HDD), GPU(incoming), PSU(incoming), CASE(Nzxt h400i)

4 minutes ago, kb5zue said:

When I went to download the tool, it put a little box down in the lower left corner of my screen.  I clicked on it to open it and it started the process of creating the Media Creation tool.  During the process, it asked where I wanted to put the data required to use the tool.  In my case, it was drive E:..  I had labeled that flash drive as WINTOOL.  From there, it formats and then copies all the files needed for the Tool.

When that process is done, all you need to do is leave the flash in the machine and reboot the computer.  Just make sure to enter the BIOS and change the boot order of your drives so that it recognizes the flash drive as the first boot device.

I did it just like you, and near the end, 99%-100% it showed an error message 0x80042405 - 0xA001A then only was one button- finish- in the right bottom corner, I clicked on it, then removed the usb, plugged into the new pc, and it wont boot from the usb, and my old pc cant recognise it anymore as a usb

Gaming pc: CPU(AMD Ryzen 5 1600), MOBO(MSI B450M Bazooka), RAM(DDR4 2x8GB 2666MHz Kingston Fury Black), STORAGE(120GB WD Green SSD , 1TB WD Blue HDD), GPU(incoming), PSU(incoming), CASE(Nzxt h400i)

Here is another site for the Windows Media Creation Tool that you can try.  I think this one may remove the bug that we have run into.

https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/software-download/windows10

When you click on this link, it will take you to a webpage that will give you the option of either updating your machine or creating the Tool.  Select the Tool.  What it will do then is download a file to your machine and if you are like me, using Chrome browser, it will put a thing down in the lower left corner of your screen.  All you have to do is click that button when it is ready and it will do the rest.

Clicking that button starts the process of creating the Tool.  You must have a good flash drive in the machine for it to work.  First, it will download an encrypted file like a zip file.  It may take a minute or two for this file to completely download.  Second, after that file downloads, it will start the process of opening that file so that it do it's thing and then once that is done, it will start the final process of creating the windows media creation tool on the flash drive.  It will ask you where you want to put/create your bootable drive so all you have to do is tell it (browse) to the flash drive and it will do the rest.  Just follow the onscreen directions and you should be fine.

Just now, kb5zue said:

Here is another site for the Windows Media Creation Tool that you can try.  I think this one may remove the bug that we have run into.

https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/software-download/windows10

When you click on this link, it will take you to a webpage that will give you the option of either updating your machine or creating the Tool.  Select the Tool.  What it will do then is download a file to your machine and if you are like me, using Chrome browser, it will put a thing down in the lower left corner of your screen.  All you have to do is click that button when it is ready and it will do the rest.

Clicking that button starts the process of creating the Tool.  You must have a good flash drive in the machine for it to work.  First, it will download an encrypted file like a zip file.  It may take a minute or two for this file to completely download.  Second, after that file downloads, it will start the process of opening that file so that it do it's thing and then once that is done, it will start the final process of creating the windows media creation tool on the flash drive.  It will ask you where you want to put/create your bootable drive so all you have to do is tell it (browse) to the flash drive and it will do the rest.  Just follow the onscreen directions and you should be fine.

I downloaded the tool from here, amd then selected the usb to be the boot drive

If/when you formatted the drive, did you format it using the "Fat 32" method?  Just an idea.

Used a 64GB USB

Formatted the drive (FAT32)

Copied the Windows 10 Media Creation Tool onto the USB

Ran as Administrator

Just now, kb5zue said:

If/when you formatted the drive, did you format it using the "Fat 32" method?  Just an idea.

Used a 64GB USB

Formatted the drive (FAT32)

Copied the Windows 10 Media Creation Tool onto the USB

Ran as Administrator

Yes, but i have only a 8gb usb, but it shows that at least 8gb is required

Just now, SzaboAttila said:

Yes, but i have only a 8gb usb, but it shows that at least 8gb is required

8gb is fine, I cut/pasted that from a page that was shown from a guy that had the same problem that you have.

If it still isn't working, I would have to say that either the download didn't go right or something is/was wrong with your flash drive.  Might want to try redownloading or try a different flash drive.  Other than that, I'm fresh out of ideas.

1 minute ago, kb5zue said:

8gb is fine, I cut/pasted that from a page that was shown from a guy that had the same problem that you have.

I don't know man, I tried everything, maybe I will get a new usb again and hope it will work

1 minute ago, kb5zue said:

Good luck.  Just make sure that it is formatted for FAT32.

When i plug it into my old pc shows this, if I format (now that has Windows on it) i will ruin the usb? Or can i try to put the Windows on it again?

15442172180775077816822555698228.jpg

Your picture shows drive F:  Is that the boot drive of the second machine?  If so, then it should say drive C:.

Just now, kb5zue said:

Your picture shows drive F:  Is that the boot drive of the second machine?  If so, then it should say drive C:.

Its the usb

15442176316092421940094425949578.jpg

One way to ensure that you are putting the Windows on the boot drive of the second machine is to open it up and disconnect all the drives with the exception of the boot drive.

Also, don't forget that when you install windows 10 to the c drive that it will delete everything on the drive so you want to make sure that you have backups of everything you want to keep.

Is a 7,20Gb usb will be enough to install the windows on it?