New Windows wont boot

SzaboAttila

Hello guys, I made a media creation tool to a 8gb usb, I plug it in my new pc, set to boot from the usb and its shows this message

What should I do?

Also when i downloaded the media creation tool it showed an error message 0x80042405 - 0xA001A

15442132395064735578798271590845.jpg

Gaming pc: CPU(AMD Ryzen 5 1600), MOBO(MSI B450M Bazooka), RAM(DDR4 2x8GB 2666MHz Kingston Fury Black), STORAGE(120GB WD Green SSD , 1TB WD Blue HDD), GPU(incoming), PSU(incoming), CASE(Nzxt h400i)

Just now, kb5zue said:

If you get an error message when creating the Windows Media Creation Tool, then you should have recognized the process didn't work and you need to try again.  Make sure that you have a good USB and give it another try.

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/15088/windows-10-create-installation-media

The download went to 100% and after showed the error message :/

Gaming pc: CPU(AMD Ryzen 5 1600), MOBO(MSI B450M Bazooka), RAM(DDR4 2x8GB 2666MHz Kingston Fury Black), STORAGE(120GB WD Green SSD , 1TB WD Blue HDD), GPU(incoming), PSU(incoming), CASE(Nzxt h400i)

Just now, SzaboAttila said:

If you get an error message, then something didn't work.  Try again is the only suggestion that I can make right now.  Just make sure the USB is in good shape.  If you have a machine you can use in the meantime, try reformatting the USB making sure there is nothing else on it.  You want a clean USB without any extra stuff like pics or docs.

2 minutes ago, SzaboAttila said:

Clearly, something went wrong, so, you still need to try again.

Bethesda PC:   R7 3700X  -  Asrock B550 Extreme 4  -  Corsair Dominator Platinum RGB 16GB@3.6GHz -  Zotac AMP Extreme 1080TI -  Samsung 860 Evo 256GB  -  WD Blue 2TB SSD -  500DX  -  Stock cooling lul  -  Rm650x

CrumpleBox V3:  Xeon X5680  -  Asus X58 Sabertooth  -  DDr3 16GB@1.33Ghz  -  Gigabyte 1660s -  TT smart RGB 700W  -  

Cooler Master Storm Trooper  -  120GB Samsung 850 Pro   -  LTT Edition Chromax NH-D15 ?

CrumpleBox 3 ROTF: I5-6400  -  MSI B150m Mortar  -  16GB 2133Mhz Vengeance Pro RGB  -  Strix 1070Ti - GTX 1070 FE  -  Adata 128GB SSD  -  Fractal Design Define C  -  Gammaxx 400V2  -  Cooler Master silent pro gold 1000W

CrumpleBox 2: i7-7820x - MSI X299 Raider - 32GB Thermaltake Toughram 3.6Ghz - 2x Sapphire Nitro Fury - 128GB PCie Adata SSD - O11 Dynamic - EVGA CLC 360 - Corsair RM1000X

Perhiperals:  Gateway 900p60 monitor  -  Dell 1024x768@75  -  Logi. G403 Carbon  -  Logi. G502  -  SteSer. Arctis 5  -  SteSer. Rival 110 - Corsair Strafe RGB MK.2

1 minute ago, kb5zue said:

If you get an error message, then something didn't work.  Try again is the only suggestion that I can make right now.  Just make sure the USB is in good shape.  If you have a machine you can use in the meantime, try reformatting the USB making sure there is nothing else on it.  You want a clean USB without any extra stuff like pics or docs.

It was a brand new usb, but I will try again :/

2 minutes ago, Grockle88 said:

Clearly, something went wrong, so, you still need to try again.

The problem will be with the usb, right?

Just now, SzaboAttila said:

Not nessescarily, try running the tool again.

Bethesda PC:   R7 3700X  -  Asrock B550 Extreme 4  -  Corsair Dominator Platinum RGB 16GB@3.6GHz -  Zotac AMP Extreme 1080TI -  Samsung 860 Evo 256GB  -  WD Blue 2TB SSD -  500DX  -  Stock cooling lul  -  Rm650x

CrumpleBox V3:  Xeon X5680  -  Asus X58 Sabertooth  -  DDr3 16GB@1.33Ghz  -  Gigabyte 1660s -  TT smart RGB 700W  -  

Cooler Master Storm Trooper  -  120GB Samsung 850 Pro   -  LTT Edition Chromax NH-D15 ?

CrumpleBox 3 ROTF: I5-6400  -  MSI B150m Mortar  -  16GB 2133Mhz Vengeance Pro RGB  -  Strix 1070Ti - GTX 1070 FE  -  Adata 128GB SSD  -  Fractal Design Define C  -  Gammaxx 400V2  -  Cooler Master silent pro gold 1000W

CrumpleBox 2: i7-7820x - MSI X299 Raider - 32GB Thermaltake Toughram 3.6Ghz - 2x Sapphire Nitro Fury - 128GB PCie Adata SSD - O11 Dynamic - EVGA CLC 360 - Corsair RM1000X

Perhiperals:  Gateway 900p60 monitor  -  Dell 1024x768@75  -  Logi. G403 Carbon  -  Logi. G502  -  SteSer. Arctis 5  -  SteSer. Rival 110 - Corsair Strafe RGB MK.2

1 minute ago, SzaboAttila said:

If you are getting error messages with the download/creation of the Tool, then the odds are something is screwy with the USB.  That's why you should do a format on the USB first before trying to create the Media Tool.

Just now, kb5zue said:

If you are getting error messages with the download/creation of the Tool, then the odds are something is screwy with the USB.  That's why you should do a format on the USB first before trying to create the Media Tool.

But if I format now the usb it will go to waste or am I wrong?

Here is the information that I found concerning your error message:

1. Download the Windows 10 Media Creation Tool directly into the USB drive that you want to use as a bootable device (meaning you download the Tool into the same USB you chose to use as an Installation Media). If you already downloaded the tool on your PC's Desktop, copy it into your USB.

2. Run the Tool directly from your USB, meaning you open File Explorer, locate the MediaCreationTool.exe in your USB and double-click to run it.

Just now, kb5zue said:

Here is the information that I found concerning your error message:

1. Download the Windows 10 Media Creation Tool directly into the USB drive that you want to use as a bootable device (meaning you download the Tool into the same USB you chose to use as an Installation Media). If you already downloaded the tool on your PC's Desktop, copy it into your USB.

2. Run the Tool directly from your USB, meaning you open File Explorer, locate the MediaCreationTool.exe in your USB and double-click to run it.

I did it just like this.

But if I format now the usb it will go to waste or am I wrong?

No, formatting the USB will just clean it up so that you can use it again.  

Just now, kb5zue said:

Of course, you could always try another flash drive or a different USB slot on the motherboard.

Just now, kb5zue said:

My old pc recognise the usb like this

15442145014546974054180574594804.jpg

1 minute ago, kb5zue said:

Of course, you could always try another flash drive or a different USB slot on the motherboard.

I tried all the 6 :/

2 minutes ago, kb5zue said:

But I downloaded the media creation tool directly to the usb, sure it wont mess it up if I format it? Because I read that if you download windows to a usb you wont be able to use it, even after you format it.

If you downloaded the tool to the flash, then it won't boot because to make it bootable you would need to format it with the option to make it bootable.  BUT, if you just downloaded it without the USB being bootable, then it won't boot from the USB.  But, you should be able to just run the media tool directly from the USB like it was just on another drive.

When you download the tool, it should give you the option to make it a bootable device.  When it does that, it will format the flash drive making it bootable before it downloads the tool to it.  So, to answer your question, when you format the device whether it is a SSD, HDD or flash, you will lose everything on that device so yes, formatting will delete the files on that device.

6 minutes ago, kb5zue said:

If you downloaded the tool to the flash, then it won't boot because to make it bootable you would need to format it with the option to make it bootable.  BUT, if you just downloaded it without the USB being bootable, then it won't boot from the USB.  But, you should be able to just run the media tool directly from the USB like it was just on another drive.

When you download the tool, it should give you the option to make it a bootable device.  When it does that, it will format the flash drive making it bootable before it downloads the tool to it.  So, to answer your question, when you format the device whether it is a SSD, HDD or flash, you will lose everything on that device so yes, formatting will delete the files on that device.

But I mean the usb, so I downloaded the media creation tool.exe , ran it, selected create installation media, for another pc, Usb flash drive

If I format this usb with the windows on it, not the media creation tool, can I still use the usb? Or what can I do now?

Hang on a couple of mins, to make sure I get this right, I'm going to do on my machine what you did.  Don't want to give you bad or incorrect information.

Just now, kb5zue said:

Hang on a couple of mins, to make sure I get this right, I'm going to do on my machine what you did.  Don't want to give you bad or incorrect information.

Thank you?

Just now, AngryBeaver said:

https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/download/windows-usb-dvd-download-tool

Try that. You just select the usb drive and off you go.

I downloaded already to a usb drive, but it wont boot from there.

I downloaded already to a usb drive, but it wont boot from there.

Copy the iso on to your harddisk then use the tool above. Could also be that your ISO is corrupt.