Ryzen 7 2700X Memory and Motherboard

Morco

I'm thinking about upgrading my system and I've come to the conclusion that the Ryzen 7 2700X is the best option for me.

When it comes to RAM though, I don't really know which factors to look out for, since I have read some threads about Ryzen CPUs needing certain RAM speeds and timings so I'm not really sure what RAM to consider. That being said, I'd like to have at least 16gb (2x8gb) in my system, just to have enough head-room for pretty much all sorts of applications.

Motherboard suggestions are also welcome, since I don't really know what the pro's and con's of the different chipsets are. Having said that, I not really planning to go too deep into overclocking or anything, but I want to get as much performance as possible out of my CPUs stock-settings.

Sorry for the long post.

Thank you guys in advance.

gigabyte gaming k7 for its real vrm heatsink and ability to push over 200 amps to the cpu if you wanted. i have one for my 1700x and it allowed me to go from 3.8 ghz at 1.4v on my x370 msi sli plus to 4ghz at 1.375v cause its so stable with a true 8phase. gamersnexus has a pcb video on it and its such a good board.

In my honest opinion, it's according to the manufactures spec. I'm planing to buy a Ryzen 2700X, Asus Crosshair VI Hero X370 and it uses a Kingston Predator 3200 16GBX2. In my case a 3200 memory is a good balance between the manufacturer spec and hopefully your wallet

6 minutes ago, Turretgaming said:

gigabyte gaming k7 for its real vrm heatsink and ability to push over 200 amps to the cpu if you wanted. i have one for my 1700x and it allowed me to go from 3.8 ghz at 1.4v on my x370 msi sli plus to 4ghz at 1.375v cause its so stable with a true 8phase. gamersnexus has a pcb video on it and its such a good board.

Sound nice man, thanks for the suggestions, I will definitely check it out!

5 minutes ago, Bomberman00 said:

In my honest opinion, it's according to the manufactures spec. I'm planing to buy a Ryzen 2700X, Asus Crosshair VI Hero X370 and it uses a Kingston Predator 3200 16GBX2. In my case a 3200 memory is a good balance between the manufacturer spec and hopefully your wallet

I have considered buying that one as well. Thanks man!