(Stupid Question) - Multiple Unifi controllers one one network

TubsAlwaysWins
Go to solution Solved by mtz_federico,

Yes, just adopt the UniFi device from the controller that you want it to be on and if you have problems just ssh into the device and manually adopt it

Can I have 2 Unifi controllers running on the same network to keep management to various unifi devices separate?

Here the situation. My work contracts out our network management to an outside company (there wasn't an onsite IT person for 5 years so makes sense). They have a cloud based unifi controller (a controller that isn't on site) that handles all of the access points here. I need to adopt some unifi switches for an upcoming project, but don't have convenient access to their controller. Is it possible for me to put a separate controller on site just to run these switches (it's for a new network based gate system) without causing things to go into chaos?

Thanks!

Breaking things 1 day at a time

Yes, just adopt the UniFi device from the controller that you want it to be on and if you have problems just ssh into the device and manually adopt it

2 hours ago, mtz_federico said:

Great thanks

Breaking things 1 day at a time