Windows won’t recognise my hard drive.

Hello, I recently purchased a used Alienware M15x. I tested it before leaving my friends house. She wanted to keep the hard drive due to having pictures of her kids on it. I put my own hard drive in, went to install windows ten, and windows can’t find it as a valid device to install the operating system to it. In bios, the Alienware can see that it has 2000GB or 2TB. So, I don’t know what the problem is. Can anyone help?

8 minutes ago, Hydro Surfer said:

Hello, I recently purchased a used Alienware M15x. I tested it before leaving my friends house. She wanted to keep the hard drive due to having pictures of her kids on it. I put my own hard drive in, went to install windows ten, and windows can’t find it as a valid device to install the operating system to it. In bios, the Alienware can see that it has 2000GB or 2TB. So, I don’t know what the problem is. Can anyone help?

it's because you're trying to install Windows in UEFI mode and Windows can't recognise drivers for your laptop because it doesn't support UEFI or someshit. i don't know

basically just get Rufus and put Windows on the USB as MBR partition instead of GPT. (GPT = UEFI)

Quote or Tag people so they know that you've replied.