Octave help

xXImm0rtaLXx

I have a script file for Octave. I have functions written in the script file and i call them above the function declarations. But when i call them it says they're undefined, even though they're defined below. How do i fix this, so there wont be errors? Also, it all has to be in the script file

It's probably interpreted sequentially. So, at the time that it gets to the function call, the interpreter has no clue what the function is. If everything is required to be in one file, then you have to define your functions before they are called. The better solution is to use a separate file for library functions and such, and have that in the path. See: https://octave.org/doc/v4.2.0/Function-Files.html

Each function should be stored in their own .m file, which must have the same name as the function.

8 minutes ago, kuhnerdm said:

It's probably interpreted sequentially. So, at the time that it gets to the function call, the interpreter has no clue what the function is. If everything is required to be in one file, then you have to define your functions before they are called. The better solution is to use a separate file for library functions and such, and have that in the path. See: https://octave.org/doc/v4.2.0/Function-Files.html

I have now fixed it by putting "1;" as the first line and then putting functions below that, as the first line has no impact on anything, and the first line cant be a function, because octave will think it's a function file and not a script.