So i want to update to macos mojave but i still require the use of 32-bit apps. My question is...does macos mojave support 32-bit apps???

Thx

edit: some people say that macos mojave will be the last macos version to support 32-bit apps but others are saying that it already doesn't.

Works for now, yes. Starting with macOS 10.15 you're SOL. That said, 32-bit apps would mean you're running pretty old apps still.

PC Specs - AMD Ryzen 7 5800X3D MSI B550M Mortar - 32GB Corsair Vengeance RGB DDR4-3600 @ CL16 - ASRock RX7800XT 660p 1TBGB & Crucial P5 1TB Fractal Define Mini C CM V750v2 - Windows 11 Pro

1. So does that mean that it will work until i update to the next macos (mojave-_____) or that it's support will end DURING macos mojave.

2. Yeah, my school uses 32-bit apps to 'spy' on us and see what we're doing and when. If it stops working then they reset our macs and we lose all our files. I still wanna update to mojave though so just wondering. (i also still use microsoft office 2011 which is 32-bit)

5 minutes ago, OMGITSAMACGAMER said:

Yeah, my school uses 32-bit apps to 'spy' on us and see what we're doing and when. If it stops working then they reset our macs and we lose all our files.

what. the. hell. 

She/Her

2 minutes ago, firelighter487 said:

what. the. hell. 

not in the way your thinking. They block websites and log what we are doing. So they're not always watching, its only when you go onto a website that isn't allowed or something...they dont steal credit card info and passwords etc lol (probably should've worded it differently)

8 minutes ago, OMGITSAMACGAMER said:

1. So does that mean that it will work until i update to the next macos (mojave-_____) or that it's support will end DURING macos mojave.

2. Yeah, my school uses 32-bit apps to 'spy' on us and see what we're doing and when. If it stops working then they reset our macs and we lose all our files. I still wanna update to mojave though so just wondering. (i also still use microsoft office 2011 which is 32-bit)

1. It'll LIKELY work for all versions of Mojave, but not for the next version. 

2. Lol their problem if you update your Macs beyond that and the software doesn't work anymore. And yeah, Office 2011 is running out of support anyway, so upgrading to 2016 or 2019 might be a good idea in the next year.

PC Specs - AMD Ryzen 7 5800X3D MSI B550M Mortar - 32GB Corsair Vengeance RGB DDR4-3600 @ CL16 - ASRock RX7800XT 660p 1TBGB & Crucial P5 1TB Fractal Define Mini C CM V750v2 - Windows 11 Pro

2 minutes ago, OMGITSAMACGAMER said:

not in the way your thinking. They block websites and log what we are doing. So they're not always watching, its only when you go onto a website that isn't allowed or something...they dont steal credit card info and passwords etc lol

only on the school network i guess? because if they do that if you are at home it's still not ok in my opinion... 

10 minutes ago, OMGITSAMACGAMER said:

i believe when you update to the next version, although again i'm not sure. 

also remember to quote everyone, or else they get no notifications. 

She/Her

ok, well thx guys. Ill tell ya all how it goes but i think it'll probably work. Fingers crossed.