If you have this motherboard, please check your reliability history for these errors:

Windows audio device graph isolation - stopped working

AsrPolychromeRGB.exe   - stopped working

My reliability history is littered with these even if I reinstall windows, update drivers, etc.

The only thing that makes them go away is completely uninstalling the audio driver and the ASRock RGB program.

I'm trying to figure out if it's just the software or if I need to return this motherboard (for that audio issue at least)

so it'd be real helpful if you could check this if you have this board. Even if you have another, similar ASRock board, give it a check please.

Thanks.

Most motherboard software is littered with bugs so I don't think this is a serious issue. I wouldn't return the motherboard because of it.

Main Rig: CPU i7-4790k / MOBO Asus Z97-Pro (Wifi-AC) / RAM 16GB HyperX Fury 1866 MHz / CPU COOLER Dark Rock 3 / GPU Asus GTX 1070 Strix  / CASE Evolv ATX Tempered Glass / SSD Crucial MX200 250GB / HDD  WD Black 1TB + WD Blue 3TB / PSU EVGA 750G2 / DISPLAYS 2x Dell U2414h / KEYBOARD Corsair K70 RGB Cherry MX Brown / MOUSE Logitech G602 

Laptop: Dell XPS 15 / i7-6700HQ, 16GB RAM, 512GB SSD, GTX 960m, 1080P Display

Cheap Windows/Office Keys

On 12/5/2018 at 4:18 AM, Daveeede said:

Most motherboard software is littered with bugs so I don't think this is a serious issue. I wouldn't return the motherboard because of it.

Yea, I figure that, but I can't ever leave well enough alone. I always have to inquire :P