Samsung 850 EVO Software glitch?

nayman898

I remember getting my first SSD for my brand new ASUS ROG G751, the Samsung 850 EVO. I was so excited for it, that I got all their software, enabled Intels RAPID tech, and Samsungs optimizations, and tested those test through the app. I recently came across those results again, and I am still terribly confused by them. I contacted Samsung, and they never responded. But I wondered, what you all thought of what I considered to be Weird results. If I recall correctly, I can still achieve these results on my laptop if I run a newer version of their software. I have not used it in a while, as my gaming desktop is better, and my other laptop is significantly more portable, so this is the only speed test performed on this SSD

9783da865a6f1c3-a-nw-p.png

It's an old image, from when I got the computer in 2015, I have a newer version and I will upload a newer screenshot (when I am home with my laptop, in like, 4 hours). The last time I updated it was around June and it still gave me the same ridiculously high results

Edited by nayman898

These results are normal. What it does it starts using RAM for caching. You can see a test here.

Before and after using rapid mode.  

1TB-RAPID-Before-after.png

The thing is that you probably won't see the benefits. I didn't on everyday use on my 850 EVO 250 GB, while it took a significant amount of RAM that I value more.

The ability to google properly is a skill of its own.